Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    The Wolverines Beast resurrected all have the same memories and experiences of the same life right up till Beasts defection from Krakoa and taking the Cerebro Sword with him. They were just made deficient. Wolverine's healing factor then healed them, at which the only difference between the Wolverine clones disappeared. Wolverine killed them all anyway. Nathaniel Essex lived a full adult life prior to creating three clones in his wake, each started off the with same memories and experiences. As I already mentioned Madelyne Pryor does have Jean Greys memories and experiences and vice versa up till a certain point, all she lacks were the memories of Jean Grey from the 90s onwards, which included raising Nathan in the future. Jean has shared those with Madelyne now as well. Obviously Old Cable has all of Young Cables memories and experiences, it's the same life.

This Defenders Beast actually has less in common with the Beast whose crimes you feel he should held accountable for then the current Madelyne Pryor has with Jean Grey, their memories and experiences diverge quite a bit earlier.

Nate Grey was born after Legion killed Xavier starting AoA timeline's divergence from 616. Beast however was already born. Dark Beast started off with the same life as any 616 incarnation of Beast.

Dark Beast diverges at age 6 or so. Defenders Beast diverges at age 20 or so from the very same life. Why would one be a distinct person and the other not?
    Thats not entirely true of Madelyne. When she was cloned, she was a blank, empty canvas. She awoke with fragmented memories of Jean's childhood (due to the Phoenix using a portion of Jean's soul to animate her) but those were more like random flashes than real memories and experinces. She definitely does not have Jean's memories up until the 90s. The opposite is true bc Jean absorbed Maddie's psyche in Inferno and left that arc with all of her memories. The same is not true of Maddie

In Dark Web, Jean did share her memories of raising Nathan but thats all. The life that Jean has lived are not apart of Maddie's mind.
    Last edited by Havok83; 03-30-2024 at 04:16 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Ah, I was using google. Bing did bring up some nice covers from Hank's Defenders era, which the revived Hank is from:
    I loved those New Defenders covers. I liked that series and team. They had some of the best. Especially the Nowlan and Mignola ones.

Hank and the others looking bad ass by Nowlan.

I'm currently really enjoying Beast in the new X-men: '97 series. He's been great. Having the original voice actor return only makes this even better for Beast. The show has done well portraying Beast's athleticism and wit in just 3 episodes.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

"Doc" Bright (R.I.P.)

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm currently really enjoying Beast in the new X-men: '97 series. He's been great. Having the original voice actor return only makes this even better for Beast. The show has done well portraying Beast's athleticism and wit in just 3 episodes.
    I love how Beast has been portrayed on X-Men '97! That is the Beast I want to keep seeing going forward. He remains so calm even when there were at least two moments on the show where I would have been perfectly fine with Hank decking one of his teammates. I will let you all guess who and when.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    "Doc" Bright (R.I.P.)

I just can't stay away.

This was from when Cap assembled a team of former Avengers to fight the High Evolutionary, right? Hank did something in this that really rubbed me the wrong way at the time. It was a long time ago I read it, though. I can't find it in my collection. Something about H.E.'s ani-men, I think?
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Beast in X-Men 97 has been a treat.
    And the current X-Force run is over?! Good riddance. *throws confetti*
    Even leaving aside what the did to Hank, I already thought the book was awful.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

I read X-Factor 50 and was somewhat disappointed by that ‘ending’ - I give odds Beast has been dimension shunted.

Beast’s base and all its tech was just left abandoned it seems.

Hank moves in with WM and will probably do nothing else in the Fall of X story.

Glad it’s all done at least we can move on now perhaps?

Least I have X-Men ‘97 for a decent Hank to watch, and read since the comic is decent too.

Incredible Member

i may have misunderstood Simon's appearance and purpose... but i was hoping Hank would rejoin the Avengers, at least for a bit.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    i may have misunderstood Simon's appearance and purpose... but i was hoping Hank would rejoin the Avengers, at least for a bit.
    He was there to be Hank's go to BFF.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Beast in X-Men 97 has been a treat.
    And the current X-Force run is over?! Good riddance. *throws confetti*
    Even leaving aside what the did to Hank, I already thought the book was awful.
    Literally EVERYONE who appeared in that book was worse off for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    I read X-Factor 50 and was somewhat disappointed by that ‘ending’ - I give odds Beast has been dimension shunted.

Beast’s base and all its tech was just left abandoned it seems.

Hank moves in with WM and will probably do nothing else in the Fall of X story.

Glad it’s all done at least we can move on now perhaps?

Least I have X-Men ‘97 for a decent Hank to watch, and read since the comic is decent too.
    Notice how even though it was a landmark 50th issue when it's rare for a book to get to that, yet this one was rushed with just the standard 28 pages. Marvel wants to sweep this run under the rug, I think.

If black-hole Beast comes back and it's revealed he was possessed/controlled/whatever, where will that leave the one that's now rooming with Simon?

I think it would be very nice to have MacKay start his run on X-Men to have Logan in a brief cameo where he is being buddy-buddy with Hank before leaving for The Uncanny X-Men book he's going to appear in.

I'm kind of envious. I don't subscribe to any streaming service, so I can't watch the show.

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    MacKay wanted Hank for his Avengers run, but Percy already had dibs.
    Last edited by Mungho; 04-03-2024 at 05:17 PM.

Augh! Hank 1985-2018...the same Hank that was in this awesome panel:

Even horse-faced-Hank is gone! And he's been growing on me since I've been reading SWORD:

I hope the mess this character is in will be fixed. He didn't deserve to have 40 years of his history wiped out. He really needs some rehabilitation for his image, though the show is helping, at least I think it is.
    Last edited by Mungho; 04-03-2024 at 05:35 PM.

Sorry if I've been uh, intense on the loss of the previous Hank, just that I've been ill for almost two weeks and I had a lot of time to dwell on this (I'm okay now).

Just look at when Hank fought the Constrictor(in Marvel Comics Presents #87), being witty, joking and even still smiling while his clothes are getting shredded. I think it can be deduced that the Beast in X-Force was not the real one simply because that one had no sense of humor:

Sorry if the images are a bit big. Any smaller, and it would be hard to read.

Just one more page from the above comic. I wanted to include this one because that last page implied Hank was afraid of the Adamantium coils when he was just setting up for another joke. I love the fact his tie is still intact:

Last edited by Mungho; 04-04-2024 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Sorry if the images are a bit big. Any smaller, and it would be hard to read.
    LOL! Your images are fine, and quite lovely. But yeah, one of my favorite adventures involving Henry.
    I mean, I know Rob Liefeld drew a few pages. But Jae Lee taking over on art clinched it, since his work at this time was wildly cool (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-04-2024 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."