Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

I'll post some more pics of Hank being bouncy(well, except for one):

I think it's so cool his hair looks like it does here in the upcoming X-Men this July!
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I wonder will we get to see Hank in his human form yet, whether due to a mutation or an image inducer, in the new cartoon show? It could be fun for a few episodes at least.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I don't know if this was posted yet.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Here's X-Factor with human Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Here's X-Factor with human Beast.

This art is pretty great.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

I'll post a few odds and ends.

I really don't like it when Hank is drawn with yellow/red eyes, but this panel is nice:

Double-cover art by Felipe Massafera:

And Hank enjoying Forge's joke on Colossus:

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I'll post a few odds and ends.

I really don't like it when Hank is drawn with yellow/red eyes, but this panel is nice:

Double-cover art by Felipe Massafera:

And Hank enjoying Forge's joke on Colossus:

That middle artwork is gorgeous. Felipe Massafera's work is always amazing.

Forge and Hank's friendship is something I'd like to see implemented in X-Men '97. Or the movies for that matter. And definitely brought back to the comics as well. Especially considering how popular Tony and Bruce are onscreen as a duo.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    That middle artwork is gorgeous. Felipe Massafera's work is always amazing.

Forge and Hank's friendship is something I'd like to see implemented in X-Men '97. Or the movies for that matter. And definitely brought back to the comics as well. Especially considering how popular Tony and Bruce are onscreen as a duo.
    Oh, I agree with Massafera's work. Hank there is both beefy and agile!

I agree too on him and Forge's friendship too. I'd like to see all of Hank's friendships repaired, but that won't be easy.

I've got to bump the thread! Here's some pencil artwork of Hank from Byers:

I like his take on him. Kind of rough and grizzled.

Oh, I agree with Massafera's work. Hank there is both beefy and agile!

I agree too on him and Forge's friendship too. I'd like to see all of Hank's friendships repaired, but that won't be easy.

I've got to bump the thread! Here's some pencil artwork of Hank from Byers:

I like his take on him. Kind of rough and grizzled.
    It reminds me a bit of Ultimate Beast. With some elements from Logan or Sabretooth.

If you've seen the latest X-Men '97, I'm curious about your take on Hank and Trish.

It reminds me a bit of Ultimate Beast. With some elements from Logan or Sabretooth.

If you've seen the latest X-Men '97, I'm curious about your take on Hank and Trish.
    I've only seen clips from the show since I don't subscribe to streaming services, but Hank looks and sounds VERY good!

But, I don't like Trish, this version, or the one in the comics. I haven't liked her since she hurt him all the way back in New X-Men #117. She didn't have to wait until the very last minute to call Hank to cancel their date AND break up with him(over the phone!) because of fears of being accused of bestiality.

I've only seen clips from the show since I don't subscribe to streaming services, but Hank looks and sounds VERY good!

But, I don't like Trish, this version, or the one in the comics. I haven't liked her since she hurt him all the way back in New X-Men #117. She didn't have to wait until the very last minute to call Hank to cancel their date AND break up with him(over the phone!) because of fears of being accused of bestiality.
    I always liked Trish and Hank from the X-Factor era and 90s. I enjoyed their pairing very much so I won't spoil what's happening in the show, in case you ever do get the opportunity to watch it in the future, but not pleased with the latest development.

I've always despised Morrison's run and consider it what broke the X-Men for me. Hank being a cat in his book (just because Morrison liked how he looked that way) is reason enough for me to disregard it, along with what he did to Hank and Trish.

I always liked Trish and Hank from the X-Factor era and 90s. I enjoyed their pairing very much so I won't spoil what's happening in the show, in case you ever do get the opportunity to watch it in the future, but not pleased with the latest development.

I've always despised Morrison's run and consider it what broke the X-Men for me. Hank being a cat in his book (just because Morrison liked how he looked that way) is reason enough for me to disregard it, along with what he did to Hank and Trish.
    That was Quesada who mandated that Hank be turned into a cat. The explanation was that he was tired of every artist drawing him different and wanted a unified look(you know, every artist draws every character different). As you know, this had the EXACT opposite effect. Morrison just worked the mandate into his story idea of secondary mutations and 'if he's got to be a cat-man, let's make him a SAD cat-man!'. You might have heard that Chris Claremont really hated being forced to show how Hank got his cat-form in X-treme X-Men #3 to match up with Morrison.

Part of the problem with me is, I have an OCD-like compulsion to take a whole thing's history into account. Part of it is from being a historian I guess, while it works good for that, for comics, it's made them harder to read. I was re-reading Hank's period when he had grey fur and I kept thinking how awful his future turns out. Despite the fact that was written so long ago when they would never have even considered making him a repulsive villain.

That was Quesada who mandated that Hank be turned into a cat. The explanation was that he was tired of every artist drawing him different and wanted a unified look(you know, every artist draws every character different). As you know, this had the EXACT opposite effect. Morrison just worked the mandate into his story idea of secondary mutations and 'if he's got to be a cat-man, let's make him a SAD cat-man!'. You might have heard that Chris Claremont really hated being forced to show how Hank got his cat-form in X-treme X-Men #3 to match up with Morrison.

Part of the problem with me is, I have an OCD-like compulsion to take a whole thing's history into account. Part of it is from being a historian I guess, while it works good for that, for comics, it's made them harder to read. I was re-reading Hank's period when he had grey fur and I kept thinking how awful his future turns out. Despite the fact that was written so long ago when they would never have even considered making him a repulsive villain.
    Another reason to hate Joe Q. He really was such a hack and I've never heard a good thing about him. I have no idea why he picked on Beast specifically because every character looks different under a different artist. Claremont was already annoyed because he wanted Beast for X-Treme and was told that Morrison got dibs on him first, so CC had to not only introduce the cat mutation but also relinquish him.

I don't blame you there. It's one of the reasons why Cyclops has been tainted for me, because now, even if I go back to read his old stories from the 60s or 70s, I can't stop dissociating him with who he becomes in the 21st century. So I can see why you feel the same way about Beast and it must be even harder for you since Hank is your favorite character. It's easier for me to make the disconnect in terms of media like the shows and movies.

Another reason to hate Joe Q. He really was such a hack and I've never heard a good thing about him. I have no idea why he picked on Beast specifically because every character looks different under a different artist. Claremont was already annoyed because he wanted Beast for X-Treme and was told that Morrison got dibs on him first, so CC had to not only introduce the cat mutation but also relinquish him.
    You're telling me! Not only that, but during Morrison's run, he was going to kill off Hank, presumably to resurrect him later in his original blue furry form. But Quesada forced him to change it to Jean, who he disliked for coming back from the dead. Quesada then introduced his 'dead is dead' mandate where characters couldn't come back from the dead. The era of the writer-editorial-mandate is when I think comics real decline started.

I don't blame you there. It's one of the reasons why Cyclops has been tainted for me, because now, even if I go back to read his old stories from the 60s or 70s, I can't stop dissociating him with who he becomes in the 21st century. So I can see why you feel the same way about Beast and it must be even harder for you since Hank is your favorite character. It's easier for me to make the disconnect in terms of media like the shows and movies.
    Yes, it is more difficult for me. Though bad-Hank is gone, the good-Hank clone left isn't the REAL one. But, like I said a few pages ago, with MacKay's talent for turning hated comic runs into something better, I feel Hank will be fixed in some capacity. At least, I hope so. I just wish we didn't have to wait so long.

Ugh! That's when I quit X-Treme out of disgust.
    No matter how much I loved Larroca's artwork during this period, the double shots to the nads of Hank's feline transformation & Betsy's death were too much...

Last edited by K7P5V; Today at 01:24 AM. Reason: Corrected Grammatical Errors.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."