Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Remember Wanda was killed and brought back from an earlier back up. No one sees her as a clone or not the real deal. In the mini she gets her full memories back (not sure how exactly lol) from Jean and Rachel. In comics we just have to go with these explanations lol

So whatever version of Beast comes out on top at the end of X-force will be thee Hank McCoy. We just need to be glad that he's reverting back to something less evil. Some of the younger fans will hate it and call it a regression. In a way they will be right, but Percy and company just went way too far. They didn't have to take it to the levels they did. But that was their choice. It was the story Percy wanted to tell for whatever reason.

At this point I'm tired of one of the O5 going dark. It has been done.
    The problem is, she and all the other characters went through proper resurrection protocols, which retrieves their real soul (or something, it's poorly explained). Neither of the current Beasts running around did.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I'm glad that it appears we will have a more heroic Hank in the new era and he will be in good hands with Jed Mackay. I wouldn't get hung up on the soul thing. Even going through the protocols it is still a cloned body. Nearly every mutant is a clone at this point. Good Hank is back so I'm happy to take that as a win. Hank coming out of this completely absolved of all the bad things from the Krakoa era was never going to happen. Instead of dwelling on the semantics of how we get a more heroic Hank back I say let's be glad to have a Hank that we can root for as a hero.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

You're right of course. Someone once said 'It's comics. Don't think too hard about it.' Very apt. Sadly, thinking too hard about things is a problem I have.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    At this point I'm tired of one of the O5 going dark. It has been done.
    At this point I want an Age of the O5 in which all the O5 retained their dark!times (Bobby with his ice age, Archangel ascended from DAS, Dark Phoenix, Cycke Phoenix, Beast... sublime?Black Vortex?) and ruled over the world/universe together, bringing a age of utopia/dystopia for mutants. Friends and family even when bad!
    (I'm trying to develop a couple of fanfic AUs on this prompt, actually, but it's not easy)
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I'm happy that old Hank is coming back (or seems to be).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I'm happy that old Hank is coming back (or seems to be).
    I get the feeling that with the exception of mentioning Krakoa now and then, and explaining why the X-Men are scattered to the four winds, there isn't going to be many references to what has happened over the last few years. Especially since it seems that the batch of writers from that time aren't coming back. I get the feeling Tom mandated the final three issues of X-Force just so he good get good Beast back.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I get the feeling that with the exception of mentioning Krakoa now and then, and explaining why the X-Men are scattered to the four winds, there isn't going to be many references to what has happened over the last few years. Especially since it seems that the batch of writers from that time aren't coming back. I get the feeling Tom mandated the final three issues of X-Force just so he good get good Beast back.
    This old Hank brought back was foreshadowed last year in X-Force, either the Feb. or March issue. Percy claims he's had this whole story minutely planned out from beginning to end.

Which makes me wonder: Did Cebulski and White let him do this on condition he bring an old Hank back since the current one would be ruined?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Take it from me, my friend: while the CBR forums are fairly reasonable, 90% of internet discourse is toxic as hell and you're better off not paying too much attention to it. Look at all the stuff Bishop did. Hell, people bought Age of Apocalypse Sabretooth becoming an X-Man after helping Apocalypse commit atrocities.

Someone else mentioned Hal Jordan. That guy literally killed trillions in Zero Hour.

There's always a way for any character to bounce back. Don't worry about the naysayers.
    Yeah, but the guy had to spend several years in limbo, made an heroic sacrifice saving the sun, spend years in penance as the Spectre and explain his corruption in a big event book for that. And even so, the memory of those actions haunted him for several years.

Also, he was the main star of his franchise. Beast is part of a biggest franchise, but not the top one.

Think more than Beast is in a similar place as Hank Pym. He can be redeemed, but let's hope they don't go for the easy way of saying he is a new (clone) Beast without the memories of what corrupt Hank made. Corrupt Hank McCoy, I mean, not corrupt Hank Pym.

Maybe Marvel hates heroics "Hanks".
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Andy Park
    @andyparkart
    One of the BEAST concept designs I did for THE MARVELS! I designed a range of options all while trying to channel the essence of his comic book origins #beast #themarvels #captainmarvel

https://x.com/andyparkart/status/172...333725156?s=20

Marvels Beast and X-Men Beast compared.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Think more than Beast is in a similar place as Hank Pym. He can be redeemed, but let's hope they don't go for the easy way of saying he is a new (clone) Beast without the memories of what corrupt Hank made. Corrupt Hank McCoy, I mean, not corrupt Hank Pym.

Maybe Marvel hates heroics "Hanks".
    No way is Hank Pym better off than Hank mccoy, for whatever reason…you can slaughter Wolverine a hundred times and still..in public perception…for whatever reason…beast will be better perceived than Hank Pym. Mass murderer is better than wife beater. Unless you slaughter a bunch of puppies maybe. Trust me on that.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post

Andy Park
    @andyparkart
    One of the BEAST concept designs I did for THE MARVELS! I designed a range of options all while trying to channel the essence of his comic book origins #beast #themarvels #captainmarvel

https://x.com/andyparkart/status/172...333725156?s=20
    I wonder if this the same Andy Park who did an arc on Uncanny X-Men back around 2004 or so. I liked those issues a lot.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    This old Hank brought back was foreshadowed last year in X-Force, either the Feb. or March issue. Percy claims he's had this whole story minutely planned out from beginning to end.

Which makes me wonder: Did Cebulski and White let him do this on condition he bring an old Hank back since the current one would be ruined?
    I think yes and here's why... First the ending of The Marvels was filmed as far back as the Winter of 2022 according to an interview. So, what you may ask? Because it means that Marvel and by extension Cebulski knew that the Beast was going to have a role in the MCU that was pretty close to what could be best described as the classic version of Beast. Marvel believes in brand synergy, so they probably made sure Percy had a parachute in place.

Quote Originally Posted by SturdyMike89 View Post
    I think yes and here's why... First the ending of The Marvels was filmed as far back as the Winter of 2022 according to an interview. So, what you may ask? Because it means that Marvel and by extension Cebulski knew that the Beast was going to have a role in the MCU that was pretty close to what could be best described as the classic version of Beast. Marvel believes in brand synergy, so they probably made sure Percy had a parachute in place.
    That sounds very plausible. But I don't think Cebulski or J.D.White anticipated just how badly Percy's years long story would damage Hank's character. When I started reading this almost 2 years ago, I was shocked by how much seething hatred there was for Hank. Even now, with the revived good-Hank, I hear people saying that this one will just turn evil like the original did, it's in his nature.

But then, in my estimate, about 90% of the posts I've been seeing are people delighted about the return of the good Hank. There's also people who have no idea what's been done to him and say things like:

"Awesome! He's no longer a cat anymore!"

He hasn't been cat-Beast since like 2012. A lot of people who quit reading are being lured back by the cartoon and the buzz about the upcoming movies.

I hope they actually say that he is the true Beast with Hank's actual soul there. And not the BS they did with Black Widow, where they brought in a clone and then just kind of started acting like it was actually her. Beast deserves better than that kind of treatment.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!