Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Randomly, I had a dream about the upcoming X-Force arc the other day...and one of the cliffhangers in my dream was that "good" Beast had shown up, but "evil" Beast was persuading him to turn against the rest of the team. It might not mean anything, like most dreams, but I felt it was curious enough as an idea.

Podcast examines the process of creating the Kelsey Grammar Beast appearance in THE MARVELS
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Thread tax. Is it OK if Hank isn't the focus?
    Attachment 137184
    Of course!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Podcast examines the process of creating the Kelsey Grammar Beast appearance in THE MARVELS
    Ah, this is making me feel good that there really does seem to be a bright future for Hank! Percy's run has really been the nadir for this poor character.

Now, let me post another pic of Avengers' Hank, this time paling around with Vision while doing the dishes:

placeholder signature until I can think of something.

You all are really going to make me double post again? Still, there isn't much to talk about regarding Hank until we find out exactly how he's being fixed. So, some more pictures/covers, taken from my dear friend who runs the "Positively Beastly' blog on tumblr:

Hank and Alison:

Hank: Now, let's pose on the cover with some manly grimacing!
    Valkyrie: I'm a woman.
    Hank: Just go with it.

I don't think purple and green go together, but I see quite a few characters wear this combination. Hank looks more indigo then blue here:

omfg.

MUNGHO!

GET IN YOUR DMs NOW, YOU LOVABLE BEAST, YOU! 🥹
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    omfg.

MUNGHO!

GET IN YOUR DMs NOW, YOU LOVABLE BEAST, YOU! ��
    I wanna see!!! I wanna see!!!!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Oh, I just wanted to say before I retire for the night.

HE'S BACK

You'll read all about it tomorrow

^^^Glad to hear it! We're all very happy for you!! (T_T)
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

His resurrection!

He's naturally disoriented from waking up in a tube:

But after Sage talks him down, hearing say his old catchphrase gets me in the feels:

I posted a few other panels from this issue in the X-Force #48 thread.

I remain a tad conflicted until a few plot holes are resolved. First, I don't want this to be just another clone. I want this to be the one with Hank's true soul. Second, if this version doesn't have any memories after the mid-80s, it's kind of a shame. He was still acting like himself until the early 00s. And even though it was a cruddy version, I did like Abigail Brand as his girlfriend, so it would be too bad if he doesn't have any memories of her. And X-Factor. He wouldn't remember that either. And I do think Hank in his right mind would object to Krakoa. As would all of the good mutants. And perhaps it was within the hours that were glossed over, but wouldn't he be confused the Black Tom Cassidy is there? I don't know. I wish a lot of characters would get this treatment erasing all that happened after Lobdell. A ton of the canon after the 00s can simply be deleted and it would do a lot of good if it were all forgotten and good writers and editors were hired. But I won't complain if this is the primary Beast after all the trash the character has been written as.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 01-24-2024 at 07:05 PM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I remain a tad conflicted until a few plot holes are resolved. First, I don't want this to be just another clone. I want this to be the one with Hank's true soul. Second, if this version doesn't have any memories after the mid-80s, it's kind of a shame. He was still acting like himself until the early 00s. And even though it was a cruddy version, I did like Abigail Brand as his girlfriend, so it would be too bad if he doesn't have any memories of her. And X-Factor. He wouldn't remember that either. And I do think Hank in his right mind would object to Krakoa. As would all of the good mutants. And perhaps it was within the hours that were glossed over, but wouldn't he be confused the Black Tom Cassidy is there? I don't know. I wish a lot of characters would get this treatment erasing all that happened after Lobdell. A ton of the canon after the 00s can simply be deleted and it would do a lot of good if it were all forgotten and good writers and editors were hired. But I won't complain if this is the primary Beast after all the trash the character has been written as.
    I'm with you 100% about this. The soul thing really bothers me as I don't want this to just be a clone with some of the original Hank's memories. I keep seeing hints that the finale of FoX is going to fix things, but I don't know in what way. Percy dropped hints early on that this might not have been the real Hank, only to double down in the past year saying 'Oh, no, this is 100% the real Hank' and saying he's always been evil from the very beginning. Only to walk back that last part by bringing back this unsullied version. Percy's writing is a mess.

Anyway, even if Percy doesn't write this mess to our satisfaction, the fact that upcoming X-editor Tom Brevoort is a huge fan of Avengers Era Hank means that one writer that wants to fix Hank(there's been several) would oblige him by saying 'no, the bad Hank was just a soulless husk, the remaining Hank is the real one'.

The whole process to resurrect mutants makes no sense and ethnostate Krakoa was a mistake. Would've been easier to just say that Beast's soul was corrupted, but I hope he can retain his memories through the 90s comics.

Well, I guess I'll post a pic of Hank from the era that revived one is from(New Defenders):

Sorry if it's a little big, but his expression that bottom panel with the burger in his mouth just makes me lol and needed to be bigger so you can see it.

Thing is, Hank still has issues at this point. He was happier, but at the same time was very insecure and anxious, which he masked by being the clown. He also carried a large degree of self-loathing, feeling he ruined his life by taking the serum that gave him his fur. He really needs some deep psychic therapy with Jean to deal with his issues, but I bet they'll just be swept under the rug.

Well it is nice to see a ‘nice’ Beast, but there are so many lingering questions:

1. Did evil Beast leave any ‘junk’ code in the clone DNA that might cause mental or physical problems later?
    2. Does this Hank have a soul?
    3. Does Hank 2 having a soul matter or not?
    4. Why does Hank 2 need glasses, wouldn’t evil Beast have got rid of the flaw?
    5. Exactly which ‘backup’ have they used here? When from?
    6. Are there more clones?
    7. If this Hank is from after Beast started going nuts then will the cycle will just repeat?
    8. How is anyone going to trust Hank 2 after the poop evil Beast has pulled?
    9. Can this clone degenerate?
    10. If this is an Avengers timeline Hank, won’t Beast 2 be very confused about the bigger, muscular body?

I am just ready for this era of Beast, and this era of the X-Men to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    I am just ready for this era of Beast, and this era of the X-Men to be over.
    I am too. But I won't have much confidence in what they do going forward until the bad writers and editors and people who fundamentally don't understand the characters are no longer getting new comics.