Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What would be the point? That wouldnt redeem him but rather make him worse IMO. Like he consciously chose to alter himself to make himself more evil
    The thinking is Hank did this so he'd be perfectly logical and be better at his job as head of X-Force. But he didn't expect himself to go completely evil, so the new/old Hank is going to take his place.

Like I said, it's just a theory, one I'm not quite sure of, but it would explain things.

I keep thinking there's some explanation for Hank's behavior Percy is holding back until the very last second. The hints he dropped earlier that something was wrong with him.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

It wouldn't really explain thing because this Beast is moved to tears. And whatever all the Beasts that appeared in Wolverine issues 34, 35 ectera and all the alternate features that Quire took X-Force have that make them evil, he has too, physically he's another one of those clones, he just lacks memories.

I just meant that theory made me think that Hank anticipated that he would become evil, and left that last back-up for X-Force to use to bring an older one of him back. He still seems to have the mission of protecting mutants.

Hank's relationship with almost EVERY character has been badly damaged. I just feel there has to be some explanation for the bad one's behavior going forward if they're going to match up the comics with the upcoming movies so he can still interact with the others.

I'm just very tired of this story. I'm not going to be posting much for awhile, as there's not much to talk about. We're almost done though.

Come to think of it, didn't this last issue of X-Force feel rushed? Evil-Hank breaks in, steals a suit while they fail to stop him. They bring back old-Hank, imprison him, he escapes, learns all about what the bad one did, he flees the base.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I just meant that theory made me think that Hank anticipated that he would become evil, and left that last back-up for X-Force to use to bring an older one of him back. He still seems to have the mission of protecting mutants.

Hank's relationship with almost EVERY character has been badly damaged. I just feel there has to be some explanation for the bad one's behavior going forward if they're going to match up the comics with the upcoming movies so he can still interact with the others.

I'm just very tired of this story. I'm not going to be posting much for awhile, as there's not much to talk about. We're almost done though.

Come to think of it, didn't this last issue of X-Force feel rushed? Evil-Hank breaks in, steals a suit while they fail to stop him. They bring back old-Hank, imprison him, he escapes, learns all about what the bad one did, he flees the base.
    Very rushed, I'd be happy if they at least find time to establish what Beast has been up too.

I get that taking down Orchis is reserved for the big crossover events and so X-Force is forced to not make much head way but post Hellfire Gala where X-Men are killing Orchis willy nilly in almost every single comic line wide, I feel it would be silly if Hank continued to somehow have other things he was dealing with in his supposed protect Krakoa/mutantkind from the outside crusade.

If Beast provided the information or delivered the final blow that defeated/exploded Orchis and went out a Hero protecting mutantkind whilst leaving behind a ‘good’ version of himself that would be one heck of a ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrebear View Post
    If Beast provided the information or delivered the final blow that defeated/exploded Orchis and went out a Hero protecting mutantkind whilst leaving behind a ‘good’ version of himself that would be one heck of a ending.
    IMO that would be such a disappointment as it would come earned from him. They've bee building up for htat moment to happen with other characters (Jean, Magneto, Xavier, Synch....). I think it would cheapen the ending and sour this whole era if Beast did that especially since he has not been apart of the larger narrative. I dont think it would even happen anyway as Gillen and Duggan are spearheading that and Beast hasnt been on their radar. They've largely left him to Percy and his books barely tie into Fall of X

IMO that would be such a disappointment as it would come earned from him. They've bee building up for htat moment to happen with other characters (Jean, Magneto, Xavier, Synch....). I think it would cheapen the ending and sour this whole era if Beast did that especially since he has not been apart of the larger narrative. I dont think it would even happen anyway as Gillen and Duggan are spearheading that and Beast hasnt been on their radar. They've largely left him to Percy and his books barely tie into Fall of X
    Target: Beast takes place before Sabretooth wars which takes place before Fall of X, I don't expect him to contribute to Fall of X, Beast is looong dead by the time Fall of X gets underway but what you are saying is just as true of Bishop. He hit 8 Orchis facilities off screen and mentioned that there are 1,743 more Orchis facilities on his list. There's no harm in acknowledging that likewise this operation that acts against Krakoa's enemies would target Orchis, which destroyed Krakoa and is oppressing mutantkind during this time.

I agree with this. Percy has made bad-Beast too much of a hate-sink to do that. In addition, Percy's run makes so little sense when taken with the larger narrative(and by itself) that it really feels like they could just retcon most of Percy's run away when the new editor comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Target: Beast takes place before Sabretooth wars which takes place before Fall of X, I don't expect him to contribute to Fall of X, Beast is looong dead by the time Fall of X gets underway...
    Uh, you mean bad-Beast, right? I'm still fearful that Percy has a cruel twist-ending and both Beasts will stay dead.

https://youtu.be/FEzoh5HlSGE?si=PXjBOTdOhoa3k9OM&t=265

I did chortle at this last Beast bit.

Haven't uploaded pics in awhile. Might as well.

These two are from early in Astonishing X-Men. Hank hadn't looked feline in almost 5 years but no one cares that he looks completely different now? Of course, it's Mystique disguised as him. Which makes her repeated hints she's not the real Hank until FINALLY Logan sniffs her out even more egregious:

Yeah, yeah, it's an editorial oversite, but they really should have caught this. Makes it seem like none of the X-Men give a damn about Hank.

But damn, Mystique made her take on Hank an absolute unit!

A preview of the upcoming X-Force #49, if you didn't go to that thread:

The trench coat and hat is a nice call-back to when he used to use that disguise.

^^^OMG! That definitely brings back memories...
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Default Beast '97

Well, it was nice to see Beast in the X-Men '97 trailer - shame we never heard him speak.

Look forward to watching this soon.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    ^^^OMG! That definitely brings back memories...
    what the devil is "Hey Rube!" supposed to mean anyway?

The X-force preview looked interesting. I think it is a good sign that Percy had Wolverine sort of soften his view on Beast, mentioning that he used to be a friend. I am very interested in how they wrap up Beast's story. Hopefully it makes sense and whatever they do with Beast feels earned. I do think the younger fans will never forget or forgive this version of Beast, but some of them will probably move on when the Krakoa era is over.

Beast looks great in the X-men 97 look. I love that version of Beast. That version and the Morrison version are my favorite (I have a thing for cats). I want to see a version of Beast that is still respected, and has values/morals and is a part of the 05 family. I miss Beast who is close friends with Iceman and Jean Grey.