Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    PKJ said in a recent interview that fans complaining that the main story isnt progressing is that "they have been heard". He's adjusting his timeline on that. Issue 13 is his first Hulk solicit to use the word "pivotal" for example.
    Okay so next arc with Hulk rescuing Charlie's soul in Hell will signal the progression of the myth arc.

Makes sense, either Charlie's soul is probably being held by the Mother of Monsters or her children or Hulk being in Hell is going to place him in a situation where he can be bum-rushed by her monsters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I think the main difference is just that PKJ front loaded his story with a lot of interesting set up then eased of the gas, while Ewing waited and dropped pieces here and there.
    The difference is that Ewing pulled back every now and then. The Green Door wasn't the only plot he dealt with. He had Gamma Base tracking/attacking the Hulk as well, then Dario, etc. It wasn't Green Door 24/7, like it is with Mother of Monsters

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Okay so next arc with Hulk rescuing Charlie's soul in Hell will signal the progression of the myth arc.

Makes sense, either Charlie's soul is probably being held by the Mother of Monsters or her children or Hulk being in Hell is going to place him in a situation where he can be bum-rushed by her monsters.
    wow. "The Hulk in Hell"? "Hulk's Inferno"? going to be wild, it seems. I hope they come up with all new, strange monsters to fight.

Looks like no mustache for Ford's Ross:

https://www.cbr.com/captain-america-...t-look-photos/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I think the main difference is just that PKJ front loaded his story with a lot of interesting set up then eased of the gas, while Ewing waited and dropped pieces here and there.
    Yeah I’ve been enjoying the book but it would be stronger with more showcasing of what Eldest is up to.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah I’ve been enjoying the book but it would be stronger with more showcasing of what Eldest is up to.

PKJ said on Wordballoon that Nic Klein is back for issues 12 & 13. And that 14 was a standalone story. I would be shocked if issue 14 is Eldest focused. PKJ also said this next trade of issues 12-17, would be lore focused. We would find out more bout the tomb beings in issue 1.

Mighty Member

Normally on long runs, issue twelve is when the author resolves some threads and opens new ones. In Ewing's Hulk, in issue 12, we knew what the green door was, Hulk met the one below all, he resolved a lot of the subplots and opened some. But now, we have a subplot with Lucifer coming out of nowhere, the mother of all monsters has completely disappeared, we still don't know anything more about Banner and Hulk. The beginning was intriguing, but very disappointed by the end of this arc.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

I still say PKJ's run is better than everything in-between Heart of the Monster and Immortal. And certainly better than the whole Smashtronaut thing.

Enjoy it while it lasts because even odds next run will have Hulk as a monosyllabic Green Avenger Man, or killed off and replaced again.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    PKJ said on Wordballoon that Nic Klein is back for issues 12 & 13. And that 14 was a standalone story. I would be shocked if issue 14 is Eldest focused. PKJ also said this next trade of issues 12-17, would be lore focused. We would find out more bout the tomb beings in issue 1.

Edit* meant to say would be shocked if issue 14 is NOT Eldest focused.

I still say PKJ's run is better than everything in-between Heart of the Monster and Immortal. And certainly better than the whole Smashtronaut thing.

Enjoy it while it lasts because even odds next run will have Hulk as a monosyllabic Green Avenger Man, or killed off and replaced again.
    Smashtronaut was basically just...I don't even know how to describe it, some weird attempt at popcorn flick Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Normally on long runs, issue twelve is when the author resolves some threads and opens new ones. In Ewing's Hulk, in issue 12, we knew what the green door was, Hulk met the one below all, he resolved a lot of the subplots and opened some. But now, we have a subplot with Lucifer coming out of nowhere, the mother of all monsters has completely disappeared, we still don't know anything more about Banner and Hulk. The beginning was intriguing, but very disappointed by the end of this arc.
    Ewing at that point pretty much almost immediately brought in Hulk's regular supporting cast and a familiar alter (although in a different way) as well.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Finally read the latest issue. Oh this was really enjoyable, Hulk getting into a Goddamn fist fight with an angel and the fact actually lasted the whole issue compared to the prior monsters whose fights could go by a bit too quick. I love how their fight went through several location changes and how Charlotte went into her second phase after Hulk defeated the first phase of the boss fight. The whole imagery of her being a flying dark angel juxtaposed with the underground gothic city looks like it came straight out of Bloodborne.

Also warmed up to Earls art. Odd faces but his action here is stellar and the backgrounds are very well-drawn, reminds me of Mike Mignola's work.

Fantastic Member

Heads up! Hulk appearance in a non-Hulk book today.

spoilers:
    Avengers Twilight
    end of spoilers

Default FACT - The Gamma People

"A railroad passenger car carrying a reporter and his photographer mysteriously breaks away from its locomotive, accidentally ending up on a remote sidetrack in Gudavia, an isolated Ruritanian-style, one-village dictatorship. The newsmen discover a mad scientist using gamma rays to turn the country's youth into either geniuses or subhumans."

Wait 'til Lord Banner hears about this $#!+!!!
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Guess I was wrong about the angel form being melded with Red Harpy (Haven't read the issue yet).

Maybe Betty showing up at the beginning was a bit of a red (heh) herring.