Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

It's interesting that 323 and 324, when the Hulk and Banner get combined, he's not talking like the Savage Hulk but like the 60's Hulk before the Savage persona took shape later on in "Tales to Astonish". Rick kind of notes this.

Wonder if it was Al writing this as the Grey's persona pretty much being in place beforehand with the nutrient bath mainly changing his colors and strength by siphoning some of the gamma radiation-years before it became more established that Grey/Joe and Savage are completely separate personalities in the lead up to the Merged Hulk.

As it reads it almost seems like the Hulk is more or less given a "hard reset" back to his "factory settings" (60's Hulk).

Grayage Hulk is sort of more of a fan term still I think. There's some evidence of the 60s Hulk intended to be Devil in Ewing's run ("I was the first before the others") although it's certainly not this one given that Devil had a generally more protective attitude towards Banner in Ewing's run. Pre-Saakar Green scar maybe?
    Last edited by ChrisIII; Today at 09:53 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The Incredible Hulk #325-327

After exposure to a gamma solution in a previous story, Rick Jones now transforms into a Hulk as well. He and Bruce have to figure out how to get to safety before they transform, although this is complicated by General Ross gaining the electric powers of Zzzax.
    Steve Geiger takes over on art. He’s pretty decent, especially a sequence where a delirious Bruce recalls his upbringing. He seems to have a Michael Golden/ Brian Bolland vibe, in depicting emotion and monsters. He definitely elevates Milgrom’s writing.

The culmination of the General Ross story may just go too far. By his nature, a supporting character driven to insanity is frustrating, but it’s annoying that he’s getting so many chances. I do like the idea that he’s assigned to a mission by people who are likely making a bad decision as a way to get involved in the story the first time he tried to kill Rick Jones.
    B
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The Red Hulk faced ZZazx years later, and there's a flashback where Fortean advises Ross about it (although I don't think the continuity matched up).

Last edited by ChrisIII; Today at 03:53 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth