Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Phillip Kennedy Johnson @PhillipKJohnson
    https://twitter.com/PhillipKJohnson/...41387022975481
    "It's no good running, my girl. These are the halls of my past, and I know the sound of every stone."

Pre-orders up! It's FOC for INCREDIBLE HULK #10, art/letters by @dannyearls16 #MattWilson @corypetit cover by @NicKlein. Always honored to write for virtuosos like these.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    I am down for extra Byrne/Milgrom era coverage. I reviewed them in the 2022 (?) appreciation thread.
    My gateway into full-time collecting was with #321-323, so I always look at those with a fond nostalgia.
    They couldn’t have found someone less different from Byrne than Milgrom to carry on the storyline he started.

Fantastic Member

Nice touch at using Hulk's ability to see ghosts to get info on Frozen Charlotte's backstory as well as pointing him in the right direction to Charlie..

Given the coloring in the previous issue I didn't make the connection he was a ghost at the time.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Nice touch at using Hulk's ability to see ghosts to get info on Frozen Charlotte's backstory as well as pointing him in the right direction to Charlie..

Given the coloring in the previous issue I didn't make the connection he was a ghost at the time.

According to next months' solicits-"THE GHOST DETECTIVE TAKES HULK ON A MIND-BENDING ADVENTURE THROUGH THE PAST! Frozen Charlotte is the newest monster set on delivering Hulk to Eldest (and sowing macabre and murder along the way). But Frozen Charlotte emerged once before, and to stop her, Hulk must first understand her past… So the Ghost Detective takes Hulk on a noir hunt for a serial killer set in 1850s New Orleans!"

Keeping eyes peeled for Sterns/Banner lore there too a la Immortal Hulk 50's 1901 subplot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I dug the art this issue, really gave the whole thing a macabre feel that reminded me of Hellboy.

Christ is Bruce really going through it.

It’s neither the writer nor the editors fault that Klein can’t meet deadlines lol.

Kind of reminded me a bit of Red Dead Redemption II, which has a city based on New Orleans (San Denis) where there's also some unsettling stuff going on there and in the surrounding area.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Unexpected but nice showing for Hulk in today's Thanos issue.

Fantastic Member

First glimpse of The Leader via merch:

https://twitter.com/AgentAAA4/status...htmode%3Dfalse

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    First glimpse of The Leader via merch:

https://twitter.com/AgentAAA4/status...htmode%3Dfalse
    I like the facial hair, but I feel like his head could be a little bigger...

BANNED

Yes, a little, but not much, they've clearly gone with a normal look here. Love it.

So anybody think there should perhaps, in a future run, be a return/more development for Merged/The Professor, similar to what Ewing did with Joe?

I'm not sure if he would be that interesting for a writer outside of PAD, a lot of the other writers who wrote him for guest appearances didn't seem to quite "get" him, or consider him too normal/stable a Hulk. Starlin pretty much wrote him similar to Joe in the Infinity trilogy stuff.

Jenkins did OK but the retcon that he was just another Hulk and not really merged doesn't sit well with some fans. Marvel seems to often flip-flop on whether he was merged or not.

Ewing referred to him as "Professor" and dormant along with Green Scar (Who is according to PJK the current persona, but was under Leader's control when he reappeared briefly in Immortal)

He appeared on an Alex Ross cover to the Devil Hulk vs. Leader/Green Scar fight along with Maestro, and Goblin/Guardian/Glow but that was it. Don't think he's really been around since Jenkins except in flashbacks or the VR thing Maestro was hooked into.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    So anybody think there should perhaps, in a future run, be a return/more development for Merged/The Professor, similar to what Ewing did with Joe?

I'm not sure if he would be that interesting for a writer outside of PAD, a lot of the other writers who wrote him for guest appearances didn't seem to quite "get" him, or consider him too normal/stable a Hulk. Starlin pretty much wrote him similar to Joe in the Infinity trilogy stuff.

Jenkins did OK but the retcon that he was just another Hulk and not really merged doesn't sit well with some fans. Marvel seems to often flip-flop on whether he was merged or not.

Ewing referred to him as "Professor" and dormant along with Green Scar (Who is according to PJK the current persona, but was under Leader's control when he reappeared briefly in Immortal)

He appeared on an Alex Ross cover to the Devil Hulk vs. Leader/Green Scar fight along with Maestro, and Goblin/Guardian/Glow but that was it. Don't think he's really been around since Jenkins except in flashbacks or the VR thing Maestro was hooked into.
    I agree the problem with The Professor is it's hard for people to get the right voice for him. Especially since it's largely a vehicle for PAD's trademark humor which many writers can't replicate.

The time for a reappearance would have been ideal post Ewing's run.. perhaps Bruce fully embracing his emerging polymorph powers reflecting his inner turmoil. As in, by default he's outwardly Professor, but when stressed starts shifting forms subconsciously. Like, he's losing his temper, he starts looking for savage and wild, devious and crafty he starts getting slightly smaller and taking on a grey tinge. Basically, he can't hide his feelings and his body would have continued the body horror motify with him constantly shifting. At a glance he should look dangerously unbalanced, but I'm not sure how well they could portay that. We got a glimpse of it when Green Scar sort of emerged with the spikes showing briefly.

What I'd really like is for Glow/Goblin/Guardian to get explored or briefly return but that'd be bad for everyone since they only appeared when Bruce went away "completely". I still kind of want to see a return of Kate Waynesboro as well.

Think Pak briefly brought Kate back around the time of World War Hulk and the Skaar/Red Hulk stuff, with her teaming up with some of the remaining Warbound. She and Bruce share a brief kiss but that's it pretty much, plus Betty returned shortly thereafter with their on-and-off relationship so Banner/Hulk hasn't had any other major relationships outside of that I think.

Spectacular Member

From Danny Earls' Hulk: Blood Hunt one shot

Think Guardian, glow, goblin were sort of the result of Bruce's mind fracturing further-in the same way the "Merged" Hulk is technically Joe/Savage/Banner, or at least intended to be; in the same way, Banner is glow, guardian, goblin merged. Or something like that.

Fantastic Member

Hmm, I like that idea especially given the Professor retcon.