Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

I think the Merged/Professor is best left to lie. Same with the Maestro. I think any impact they might've had has been cheapened by the MCU or in Maestro's case his own miniseries.

Spectacular Member

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I think the Merged/Professor is best left to lie. Same with the Maestro. I think any impact they might've had has been cheapened by the MCU or in Maestro's case his own miniseries.

Know his run wasnt well received but I think the last shot we had at a decent Maestro story was in Duggan's run. However it would have turned out would have been better than Cho Hulk era imo.

Also, and this is probably unheard of, I would love to see PAD get the chance to pickup where issue 460 left off again. And write a 461-500 Peter David's Incredible Hulk maxi series. I just dont think he finally brought back Maestro into Hulk's timeline to just possess Destroyer and be buried in underground the following issue. Make an epic Hulk vs Maestro. Maestro kills Betty among other changes that could be done. Plus it would help a legendary creator in a real time of need.

Guessing Charlie becomes one of those creepy dolls and has to have a new body made.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Hulk 10

Spectacular Member
    Last edited by FrazettaHulk; 03-22-2024 at 09:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    Its sweet seeing how much Hulk cares about Charlie.

Low and behold, pray for whoever makes the mistake of harming someone he cares for.

Spectacular Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/14/ne...t-size-hulk-1/

Charlie's fate spoiler from Frozen Charlotte arc

Fantastic Member

Potential Overwatch-ish game coming soon with playable Hulk character.

https://twitter.com/XMenUpdate/statu...032643/photo/1

EDIT:
    Screenshots:
    https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/st...02043449631212
    Last edited by Cth; 03-27-2024 at 08:14 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Trailer for Marvel Rivals, Hulk's playable

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The art on Hulk continues to be really good, and I loved the ghost Pinkerton agent...but this story is so friggin slow!
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2024/03/14/ne...t-size-hulk-1/

Charlie's fate spoiler from Frozen Charlotte arc
    Good thing he is buddies with Dr Strange. Though Brother Voodoo can probably do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The art on Hulk continues to be really good, and I loved the ghost Pinkerton agent...but this story is so friggin slow!
    Yeah, I think Ewing was better with pacing and building on the story he wanted to tell.

Also seems to be two different approaches to horror although both use the transformation as body horror instead of Banner just growing bigger and greener/greyer/redder.

Maybe an X-files comparison is apt-Ewing was "Mythology" (All those episodes dealing with the syndicate, alien colonization/invasion plan, black goo etc) while Johnson is more "Monster of the Week" (Those episodes where Mulder and Scully would investigate other supernatural stuff in a more episodic fashion).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah, I think Ewing was better with pacing and building on the story he wanted to tell.

Also seems to be two different approaches to horror although both use the transformation as body horror instead of Banner just growing bigger and greener/greyer/redder.

Maybe an X-files comparison is apt-Ewing was "Mythology" (All those episodes dealing with the syndicate, alien colonization/invasion plan, black goo etc) while Johnson is more "Monster of the Week" (Those episodes where Mulder and Scully would investigate other supernatural stuff in a more episodic fashion).

PKJ said in a recent interview that fans complaining that the main story isnt progressing is that "they have been heard". He's adjusting his timeline on that. Issue 13 is his first Hulk solicit to use the word "pivotal" for example.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

I think the main difference is just that PKJ front loaded his story with a lot of interesting set up then eased of the gas, while Ewing waited and dropped pieces here and there.