Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

A lot of Ewing's villains I think were mostly tied to Hulk lore while a lot of these ones are mostly fresh-even the Fyres are basically from the TV show.

The Red Hulk series by Parker also created many villains who have seldom appeared since I think if at all, except for maybe the Modok clone? EDIT: And Fortean of course.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-29-2024 at 09:50 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Would this panel from #158 be the first time Banner's father issues were hinted?
    hulk.jpg
    Strange that Steve Gerber would be the one to do it, in his only Hulk comic ever.

Danny Earls @dannyearls16
    Some more Hulk work!

I absolutely love anything in the Victorian era. I could draw these backgrounds and characters all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    hopefully it's an extended and violent fight, not over in just a few pages.
    Didn’t like the latest issue? I thought it was over well, we saw Hulk fight off his foe both mentally and physically.

Goddamn beautiful art.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I thought the last issue was decent. The art was great, and I like the little pages of history for the monster-of-the-month.

But, again, I'd like to see some forward momentum on the main plot. I like the overall tone of the series, but this run is starting to drag a bit.

The new GR is... okay. Nothing terrible, but not a stand-out either. But I liked the little tag-team effort there at the end.

Danny Earls @dannyearls16
    Hulk being Hulk!

Incredible colours by Matt Wilson!

Gotta wonder if Hulk growing spikes on his shoulders is a bit of a nod to this incarnation being Green Scar as PJK said a while back.

Although this of course is the mindscape, Something similar happened during Immortal Hulk when Savage let "Green scar" take over although he was actually controlled by the leader.

We never see this again in Immortal Hulk, presumably because GS was pretty much made dormant until the current series.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-03-2024 at 06:59 AM.

BANNED

hulk.jpg
    Except for gas

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Gotta wonder if Hulk growing spikes on his shoulders is a bit of a nod to this incarnation being Green Scar as PJK said a while back.

Although this of course is the mindscape, Something similar happened during Immortal Hulk when Savage let "Green scar" take over although he was actually controlled by the leader.

We never see this again in Immortal Hulk, presumably because GS was pretty much made dormant until the current series.
    It's possible, but I doubt it. It could be a nod to Ewing's transformations where he absorbed anything near him.

That being said, it's a shame it wasn't a wooly mammoth as a nod to the first issue/first Hulk. That hasn't been touched on in a while.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

I never liked this as a look for Hulk, regardless of the personality assigned to it, because for me it reeks too much of ripping of DCs Doomsday.
    Readers may recall Doomsday started with just some spikes before future stories and artists would eventually have him nearly totally armored up with skeletal spikes and such.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Default FACT - Remembering The Cave...Gamma Infusion Gone Wronnng...

REMEMBER THE CAVE!!!

Please...please don't..

Please make it...make it go away!!!
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

It was used only the one time really as all further appearences of Green Scar were of the Leader-possessed version in the Mindscape.

As for the multi-Hulks I think the Hulk's generally being tortured there (with gamma?) explaining why the transformations/personalities are kind of all over the place. We did see this a few times in Immortal, although some of it was "What if" stuff or when Hulk got a ton of gamma when fighting Bushwacker. And of course Devil is from Jenkins.

Funny thing is the Grey guy in one of the bottom panel does kind of resemble the mindscape/later human Joe with the sideburns and mustache.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh cool, I found the first volume of PKJ's run at my university's bookstore.

This is an epic find.

Funny thing about Hulk and Grundy, Justice League did few episodes with Dr. Fate, Aquaman, Grundy and Hawkgirl pretty much being a homage to the Defenders (Strange, Namor, Hulk, Valkyrie)

Grundy even used a few Savage Hulk-like phrases.