Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Funny thing about Hulk and Grundy, Justice League did few episodes with Dr. Fate, Aquaman, Grundy and Hawkgirl pretty much being a homage to the Defenders (Strange, Namor, Hulk, Valkyrie)

Grundy even used a few Savage Hulk-like phrases.
    Later done renditions are not original intents. Fans and fanboy writers keep trying to connect characters where there is no connection. No more than Shazam is a rip off of Superman just because he has a cape and can fly. Two totally different characters and traits.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

BANNED

A Jekyll/Frankenstein's monster mashup is a good description.

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    A Jekyll/Frankenstein's monster mashup is a good description.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 02-07-2024 at 05:48 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Danny Earls @dannyearls16
    Wrapping up issue 11 of Hulk - it feels so surreal to have been given the chance to draw this iconic character for Marvel Comics - I couldn't be more grateful for this past year!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    [video]
    Funny how he looked younger than in '66.

How about some classic hulk--

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-08-2024 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by comictimes View Post
    Funny how he looked younger than in '66.

I think you're one of the minute minority on this board that "gets" it..

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    How about some classic hulk--

[IMG][/IMG]
    I love that you can genuinely infer from his speech in the first ad that actual 616 Savage Hulk fell into an advertisement and is completely confused by all the weirdness that comes with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    Danny Earls @dannyearls16
    Wrapping up issue 11 of Hulk - it feels so surreal to have been given the chance to draw this iconic character for Marvel Comics - I couldn't be more grateful for this past year!

I gotta say Danny Earls Hulk is really weird looking, not sure if i am a fan. He looks more like Mr Hyde than Hulk.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I gotta say Danny Earls Hulk is really weird looking, not sure if i am a fan. He looks more like Mr Hyde than Hulk.
    His style is not gonna be for everyone. For me, after Travel Foreman's Hulk, Ill take almost anyone else. I am digging Danny Earls' art style and his expressed passion for the Hulk. He's not on Klein's level with Hulk but few are. And Marvel is probably close to its lowest point in terms of artistic talent depth combined with the number of titles they are producing each month.

BANNED

Hulk has been quite fortunate. Len Wein did a pretty solid run, Stern did a good (albeit short) one, Mantlo planted the seeds for David, and PAD had a very long and prolific run. This century, we've had Bruce Jones, Greg Pak and the tandem Ewing/Bennett. It doesn't get much better than that. So we're on a low now, so what.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    His style is not gonna be for everyone. For me, after Travel Foreman's Hulk, Ill take almost anyone else. I am digging Danny Earls' art style and his expressed passion for the Hulk. He's not on Klein's level with Hulk but few are. And Marvel is probably close to its lowest point in terms of artistic talent depth combined with the number of titles they are producing each month.
    You are right about Marvel being at their lowest point in terms of artistic talent... I mean when i see them not only still using Greg Land but also announcing events with him and putting him together with Al Ewing... it really shows the low point we've reached, should be happy for every minute we still have Nic Klein on the book.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 02-11-2024 at 09:40 PM.

On the Frankenstein topic, one of Jack's early renditions of the Hulk (First time he was green too) in Incredible Hulk #2 (Inked by Ditko) looks a lot like a picture from the (then lost) 1910 Frankenstein movie made by Thomas Edison's film studio.

chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Default FACT - Or Is He Both?