Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Many of us have been pro Hallum, pro Gerry and pro Roger all along.
    Count me amongst this group. Hallum’s run had some substance, development and characterization. It wasn’t just fight scene after fight scene. Hallum built his up to deliver a great ending. He even convinced me Roger was dead. That was great writing there. Pacheco tbh bored me. Even the break up scene was non-chalant like it was no big deal. I’m just curious if Gerry is going to end up a Champion. That might be the best compromise if they plan on keeping him aged up.

Astonishing Member

That Spider-Verse version of Jessica still looks too much like Misty Knight. You'd think the designer could do something a little more unique.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Count me amongst this group. Hallum’s run had some substance, development and characterization. It wasn’t just fight scene after fight scene. Hallum built his up to deliver a great ending. He even convinced me Roger was dead. That was great writing there. Pacheco tbh bored me. Even the break up scene was non-chalant like it was no big deal. I’m just curious if Gerry is going to end up a Champion. That might be the best compromise if they plan on keeping him aged up.
    The thing with the break up was that Pacheco pretty much ignored Roger for 12 issues...then in the 2 issues she had him back Jess was crapping all over him. A complete 180 from Hallum's portrayal.

And Pacheco went from all action to almost buffoonery in the last few issues. the only funny thing in those last few was the Monster Truck Guy saying he already got his revenge and cutting to the destroyed motorcycle.

Something I will say I didn't like in Hallum's run is it kept getting tied into events. Started with Spider-Verse and ended with the Secret Wars. Then rebooted and runs into Spider-Women with Gwen and Cindy and then CW2.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 02-22-2024 at 06:18 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It's so amusing to watch the tide turning....before it was "Spider-Woman doesn't need a kid, they need to get rid of the kid, Hallum is just self inserting" and now it's "why did they get rid of her kid, Hallum was great for doing it, what a rip-off" Really comics fans just can't be made happy.
    Some of us got into Jessica because of Gerry. I find the idea of a female superhero raising a son fascinating.
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I personally liked the idea of Gerry and really warmed up to Roger. I did hate that Pacheco dismissed both of them. If nothing else, we need some closure to the Jess/Roger relationship. I really wish they had kept him around. I'm not crazy about the aging up of Gerry, but I'm curious where it's going from here though.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It's so amusing to watch the tide turning....before it was "Spider-Woman doesn't need a kid, they need to get rid of the kid, Hallum is just self inserting" and now it's "why did they get rid of her kid, Hallum was great for doing it, what a rip-off" Really comics fans just can't be made happy.
    I'm happy!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    And Pacheco went from all action to almost buffoonery in the last few issues. the only funny thing in those last few was the Monster Truck Guy saying he already got his revenge and cutting to the destroyed motorcycle.
    I collected her entire run, but by the end, I was just paging through and not reading the stories. It may not have been her fault, but the series felt very off brand for Jess.

I appreciate Pacheco brought back the classic suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I appreciate Pacheco brought back the classic suit.
    Classic suit is back.The Gerry problem being taken care of. Marvel seems really committed to putting this character back on track.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Classic suit is back.The Gerry problem being taken care of. Marvel seems really committed to putting this character back on track.
    Yeah those damn kids are such a big problem. I’d say more like bad to mediocre writing. We’ll see if Gerry being the scapegoat changes anything.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    I collected her entire run, but by the end, I was just paging through and not reading the stories. It may not have been her fault, but the series felt very off brand for Jess.
    Agree. Was too slapstick for a Spider-Woman comic.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Yeah those damn kids are such a big problem. I’d say more like bad to mediocre writing. We’ll see if Gerry being the scapegoat changes anything.
    The most important ability that Marvel and DC have is to walk things back. Now Marvel needs to start eliminating the other Spiders who are women. Jessica should be the only one. With a teen character (new or existing) being Spider-girl and we are done.

The most important ability that Marvel and DC have is to walk things back. Now Marvel needs to start eliminating the other Spiders who are women. Jessica should be the only one. With a teen character (new or existing) being Spider-girl and we are done.
    I don’t know if that will happen. There are so many spiders now you can’t keep count anymore.

Come to think of it, with Anya reverted to Arana and Mayday being AU, 616 has no current Spider-Girl. There's something that, with Madame Web in mind, they could've done for synergy - revive Mattie Franklin, Spider-Woman III (though she wouldn't look like her movie counterpart due to being race-lifted there). Since she's probably only called Spider-Woman because Jessica and Julia were both depowered at the time and Mayday's book debuted at around the same time her's did, it would make more sense for her to be Spider-Girl if she came back to life, since Jessica's already using the Spider-Woman name, Spider-Girl is vacant, and Mattie's a teenager, so young enough for it to fit.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

I don’t know if that will happen. There are so many spiders now you can’t keep count anymore.
    Clear them all out. Miles and Gwen can go to their own universes. Ben and Bailey can get depowered and Chuck Cunninghammed to Kansas to be never seen again.

Leave us with Peter, Jess, Julia and Anya in 616.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?