Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

I'm still holding out hope that "our" Gerry's father is Jerry.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    What Jerry? This Jerry?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    What Jerry? This Jerry?

Yes. I thought he was MC2 Gerry’s father. Now I’m not so sure.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 04-18-2024 at 01:33 PM.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Someone may care enough to write for him again...
    You mean like Pacheco who kicked Roger to the curb? Like Foxe who kicked Gerry to the curb? Jess has no supporting cast right now. Maybe the unknown Assembly will work out for her but I got a feeling they’ll be kicked to the curb too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    You mean like Pacheco who kicked Roger to the curb? Like Foxe who kicked Gerry to the curb? Jess has no supporting cast right now. Maybe the unknown Assembly will work out for her but I got a feeling they’ll be kicked to the curb too.
    New, young heroes who will not last long past this series.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

There were many writers before them, there will be many writers after them...the wonders of serial storytelling!
    Jessica herself was in character limbo until a writer decided to pull her back.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

There were many writers before them, there will be many writers after them...the wonders of serial storytelling!
    Jessica herself was in character limbo until a writer decided to pull her back.
    It used to be that writers built on what previous writers did. That is what serial storytelling is about...not coming in and ignoring what the previous writer did just to tell their own story.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    New, young heroes who will not last long past this series.
    You are quite correct on that one.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 04-19-2024 at 08:00 AM.

Wondering if she is going to meet up with David while in SFO.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It used to be that writers built on what previous writers did. That is what serial storytelling is about...not coming in and ignoring what the previous writer did just to tell their own story.
    Exactly! Continuity. Current and future writers can do their own thing but put some effort into. All this lazy writing and total disrespect for previous writers is annoying. We’re going to make everyone forget Gerry, age him up, turn him into a villain, dump him in the drink and maybe people will forget him. All in a few issues. Jess will go to San Fran because that’s what traumatized people do in this situation instead of getting to the bottom of things. Jess will now hang out with kids who should be a constant reminder of Gerry.

In a realistic situation a person would enlist the proper authorities, family and friends to help get to the bottom of Gerry. I know I would. The Avengers, Carol, Peter, Roger, Ben, Lindsay, Rebecca, etc. Now you are attracting more readers and improving the sales and keeping the series afloat. Instead Jess has a zero supporting cast with new characters that no one knows yet. I hope Foxe has something up his sleeve because this is a recipe for disaster sales wise. I’m sticking around just to see the new Assembly out of curiosity.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 04-19-2024 at 07:56 AM.

Astonishing Member

Exactly! Continuity. Current and future writers can do their own thing but put some effort into. All this lazy writing and total disrespect for previous writers is annoying. We’re going to make everyone forget Gerry, age him up, turn him into a villain, dump him in the drink and maybe people will forget him. All in a few issues. Jess will go to San Fran because that’s what traumatized people do in this situation instead of getting to the bottom of things. Jess will now hang out with kids who should be a constant reminder of Gerry.

In a realistic situation a person would enlist the proper authorities, family and friends to help get to the bottom of Gerry. I know I would. The Avengers, Carol, Peter, Roger, Ben, Lindsay, Rebecca, etc. Now you are attracting more readers and improving the sales and keeping the series afloat. Instead Jess has a zero supporting cast with new characters that no one knows yet. I hope Foxe has something up his sleeve because this is a recipe for disaster sales wise. I’m sticking around just to see the new Assembly out of curiosity.
    Make some of Spider-Man, Daredevil, X-Men, and The Punisher's supporting cast as Jesscia's own. Not so hard to do. Writers who had previously worked on the titled books should carry over some of those characters over to Spider-Woman.

(original post retracted)

Look! Animated Jessica Drew!
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-19-2024 at 01:07 PM.

(original post retracted)

Look! Animated Jessica Drew!
    a new solo series has been needed for decades. It's way past time to have another one. They can go closer to the comics iteration with a San Francisco setting. I'm still curious for 616 Jessica to meet the 70s animated version.

Idk man, doesn't Scott Summers have like 3 adult children running around or something? I get the frustration but adult Gerry MC villainface drew feels like the most classical comic thing ever.
    I also don't think Comics right now generally build less on what came before (your milage may vary depending on which books you currently follow of course) but with all these short runs I think these things have just fewer chances to be brought up a whole lot.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I worry that if anyone says "Father" too loudly around a Jessica Drew SPIDER-WOMAN project, some creative will circle back on Hopeless/Hallum's work and decide that the Identity of Gerry's Father IS important.
    ...and then we'll get Victor Von Doom: Evil Sperm Donor.