Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    You know who else is connected to Gerry and would be moving Heaven and Earth to find him.....

ROGER!!!!!!
    Hydra made him forget.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Attachment 138840

hee-hee.

Amusing shout out to my hometown, but based on the desert/mountain backdrop depicted, it's about as far from Gary as you can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Former resident too. Basically this writer/artist is like “tell me you’ve never been to Gary without telling me you’ve never been to Gary.”
    Never been to Gary, IN...but considering how easy it is to look places up online these days artist should not be doing crap like that.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

You know who else is connected to Gerry and would be moving Heaven and Earth to find him.....

ROGER!!!!!!
    Exactly! Roger would be hell bent on finding Gerry. He spent a lot of time with Gerry. Plus he is as much a superhero now as anyone and would take on Hydra in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, HYDRA may have completely undone that. He's forgotten Gerry ever existed, which means the reason for his heel-face turn has been negated.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Unfortunately, HYDRA may have completely undone that. He's forgotten Gerry ever existed, which means the reason for his heel-face turn has been negated.
    Does that mean Roger forgot Jess too? I don’t acknowledge that one shot pizza dog crap. That was just a reckless writer trouncing all over the years work Hallum put into the character. Better known as lazy writing. The Bendis method. Hack writing I call it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I stand by what I wrote above...Foxe completely hosed this story with Jess NOT telling the Avengers that Gerry was missing.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Today's issue was great!

Star - what a nutjob!
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Today's issue was great!

Star - what a nutjob!
    Though even she doesn't want to kill a train full of people.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Though even she doesn't want to kill a train full of people.
    I think Star is not so much a villain as someone with massive powers, anger management issues...but also has a conscience.

I will say though that I feel that she (as well as the other Infinity Gem recipients) are just too over-powered and they should have the gems removed but keep some level of power.

I am still annoyed at Foxe's story decisions. Her child is still missing...even though he has been aged up and brainwashed....and she going to the other side of the country as opposed to trying so find him and save him.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 04-17-2024 at 10:11 AM.

Today's issue was great!

Star - what a nutjob!
    She wants to be a hero, but is quite insane. Ripley needs counselling. Someone should give her Samson's phone number.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think Star is not so much a villain as someone with massive powers, anger management issues...but also has a conscience.

I will say though that I feel that she (as well as the other Infinity Gem recipients) are just too over-powered and they should have the gems removed but keep some level of power.

I am still annoyed at Foxe's story decisions. Her child is still missing...even though he has been aged up and brainwashed....and she going to the other side of the country as opposed to trying so find him and save him.
    I think she's still ultimately a villain, she just ultimately isn't a 100% evil one.

Marvel must have really wanted a solo Jessica Drew unencumbered by being a mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she's still ultimately a villain, she just ultimately isn't a 100% evil one.

Marvel must have really wanted a solo Jessica Drew unencumbered by being a mother.
    Every single issue has referenced her kid.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member

Every single issue has referenced her kid.
    But they have gotten rid of him. And Marvel doesn't have to be the bad guys for killing a baby. And Jess is not a bad mother who abandoned her kid. And unlike when Pacheco got rid of Roger (who was arguably one of Jess's healthier romantic relationships) she is actually thinking of Gerry after losing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    He's a deprogramming and search for redemption arc away from being back on track. Easy Peasy
    Then they need to get to it...maybe even have Green Mamba NOT be Gerry...but someone Hydra grafted his powers onto and brainwashed into thinking he is Gerry. And baby Gerry is being kept in seclusion.
    Just because it's easy to undo/evolve the story doesn't mean it's in the cards RIGHT NOW. Why would they undo a plot to maneuver the toddler angle out of the status quo immediately after establishing it? Just saying that the character of Gerry isn't irretrievably unusable because they decided to write him off into a certain direction or limbo as the case may be. Someone may care enough to write for him again....
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Gerry used Peter's name as well of course, Spider-Man, rather than being Spider-Boy or something. Of course MC2 didn't include Miles because he wasn't created yet, and while Peter was retired due to injury there's no reason to think Miles wouldn't still be Spider-Man, so if MC2 was happening now Gerry may well have picked a different name and costume design.