Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Roger was a great addition to Spider-Woman. So was Ben Urich. Hallum got 27 issues with Jess, Gerry, Roger and Ben. Pacheco not as many. We’ll see how long this run lasts.
    And Hallum got tied up with too many crossovers. Started off with Spider-verse and ended the 1st part of his run with Secret Wars. Then the 2nd run with the Spider-Women crossover and CW2. What could he have done without having to work around that stuff?

To big a deal? Marvel will not publish titles that don’t sell. Plus now that Madame Web was a total flop they may consider shelving any Spider-Woman movies. Peter is his own franchise. He carry’s all the spiders.
    I say give Raimi the reigns of the Spider-Woman movie, adapt the origin and keep the studio out of the way. Could get something as good as the first Spider-Man movie.

==============

So...did anyone know about these? Marvel Masterworks Spider-Woman..collects her Spotlight, 2in1 and original series. Plus vol 4 has her Avengers follow up stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Master.../dp/078519178X
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-15-2024 at 01:30 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

We all like Spider-Woman, but I don't think she is an easy sell to general audiences. I'd love to see a movie with a noir feel (but not black & white) to set it apart from traditional superhero movies. But I also like the supernatural elements of her original series. I wonder if Chris Claremont or even Marv Wolfman would be interested in revisiting Jess?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    We all like Spider-Woman, but I don't think she is an easy sell to general audiences. I'd love to see a movie with a noir feel (but not black & white) to set it apart from traditional superhero movies. But I also like the supernatural elements of her original series. I wonder if Chris Claremont or even Marv Wolfman would be interested in revisiting Jess?
    At this point I think that outside of Spider-Man movies...people are going to be wary of any Sony made Spider-adjacent movies. Morbius and Madame Webb have not done well...and Kraven does not look like it will do that well. So a Spider-Woman movie will have that dislike automatically going against it. They need someone who gets the character and will be able to adapt the origin and bring in that supernatural vibe without the studio interfering.

I think one of the most important things is the right villain for a Jess solo movie. They would need to keep away from taking a Spidey villain.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-15-2024 at 06:16 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Jessica's origin involves HYDRA, so I think Viper would be a suitable villain.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

To big a deal? Marvel will not publish titles that donÂ’t sell.

Plus now that Madame Web was a total flop they may consider shelving any Spider-Woman movies. Peter is his own franchise. He carryÂ’s all the spiders.
    I don't want to be the person that says "trust me" but.... Dude trust me. Spider-Woman is not getting canned because she is linked to one of if not the most important Marvel franchises. Plus it's not a good look if Spider-Woman is cancelled while Peter and Miles still have titles. This is just housecleaning.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nah, what they need to do is dumpster dive. They need to buy The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe deluxe edition Omnibus and start looking for characters no one is using but have a great visual or catchy name
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Nah, what they need to do is dumpster dive. They need to buy The Official Handbook Of The Marvel Universe deluxe edition Omnibus and start looking for characters no one is using but have a great visual or catchy name
    Hopefully avoid the evil family member trope. Doubt anyone wants to see the Jessica's mother is actually an evil scientist storyline from eh Pacheco run...or DO they?

I just hate when adapted movies make the heroes journey overly self-involved (ie. the Joker didn't happen to kill Bruce Wayne's parents)
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would say you need a happy, healthy Gerry growing up normally and having a good relationship with his Mom to get that adult Gerry.
    He's a deprogramming and search for redemption arc away from being back on track. Easy Peasy

To big a deal? Marvel will not publish titles that don’t sell. Plus now that Madame Web was a total flop they may consider shelving any Spider-Woman movies. Peter is his own franchise. He carry’s all the spiders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I don't want to be the person that says "trust me" but.... Dude trust me. Spider-Woman is not getting canned because she is linked to one of if not the most important Marvel franchises. Plus it's not a good look if Spider-Woman is cancelled while Peter and Miles still have titles. This is just housecleaning.
    Depend entirely on their faith in whatever vision Olivia Wilde has going on for the Spider-Woman project. (or has that been debunked?) She's coming off a flop and behind the scenes controversy herself from "Don't Worry Darling"(which starred MCU Starfox and Black Widow...awkward), so it might be a perfect storm in a good OR bad way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    He's a deprogramming and search for redemption arc away from being back on track. Easy Peasy
    I know right? The magic of comics! Feel it!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah..but Hydra and Viper are with Marvel...not Sony. Unless they are willing to do a collaboration like the Holland/Spidey stuff and make Jess MCU compatible. Which I would be for.

Then they need to get to it...maybe even have Green Mamba NOT be Gerry...but someone Hydra grafted his powers onto and brainwashed into thinking he is Gerry. And baby Gerry is being kept in seclusion.

Depend entirely on their faith in whatever vision Olivia Wilde has going on for the Spider-Woman project. (or has that been debunked?) She's coming off a flop and behind the scenes controversy herself from "Don't Worry Darling"(which starred MCU Starfox and Black Widow...awkward), so it might be a perfect storm in a good OR bad way.
    I am not sure I trust Olivia Wilde with Jess. Has she read her from the beginning? Does she understand the character the way Raimi got Spidey?
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-16-2024 at 04:35 PM.

Jessica totally should be MCU, not separate, I agree. Like I said, her origin involves Hydra. It also involves High Evolutionary, another Marvel controlled character, right? Can't do a comic accurate origin if she's not MCU.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Sony would likely give her a new origin and then Marvel
    Might cave and give her the same to try and sell comics.

That would royally suck.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Jessica totally should be MCU, not separate, I agree. Like I said, her origin involves Hydra. It also involves High Evolutionary, another Marvel controlled character, right? Can't do a comic accurate origin if she's not MCU.
    With the liberties already taken with the High Evolutionary in GOTG, I think he's likely off the table for Jess. She's Spider-Family so primarily Sony anyway. We'll probably get some variation on the child of scientist that is affected by the subject of research being conducted via radiation etc.
    Or Wilde might go for the deep cut origin of Jessica being an Spider evolved to believe its human (which would work with High Evolutionary), but hopefully not the clone of Peter Ultimate origin.

Extraordinary Member

With the liberties already taken with the High Evolutionary in GOTG, I think he's likely off the table for Jess. She's Spider-Family so primarily Sony anyway. We'll probably get some variation on the child of scientist that is affected by the subject of research being conducted via radiation etc.
    Or Wilde might go for the deep cut origin of Jessica being an Spider evolved to believe its human (which would work with High Evolutionary), but hopefully not the clone of Peter Ultimate origin.
    Oh...HELLS NO!!! Keep Jess her own thing.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Oh...HELLS NO!!! Keep Jess her own thing.
    Would like to see Jessica appear in the pages of ASM as often as Black Cat does. Would love to see more interaction between Peter and Jessica that has less to do with The Avengers and more about a common foe whose tied to them like The Taskmaster and Hydra...