Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    We all like Spider-Woman, but I don't think she is an easy sell to general audiences. I'd love to see a movie with a noir feel (but not black & white) to set it apart from traditional superhero movies. But I also like the supernatural elements of her original series. I wonder if Chris Claremont or even Marv Wolfman would be interested in revisiting Jess?
    Wouldn't mind seeing Claremont write Amazing Spider-Man and have Jessica Drew as a reoccuring ally in the series... But I want to see Claremont do a Spider-Man x Captain Britain series that would feature Jessica Drew working alongside them....

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    She's Spider-Family so primarily Sony anyway.
    She should be shared, like Quicksilver was when 20th Century Fox had X-Men (Scarlet Witch was too, but Fox never used her). Jessica was actually created by Avengers editors and didn't get handed over to the Spider office until Spider-Verse... which of course was published long after Sony acquired the Spider-Man rights.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She should be shared, like Quicksilver was when 20th Century Fox had X-Men (Scarlet Witch was too, but Fox never used her). Jessica was actually created by Avengers editors and didn't get handed over to the Spider office until Spider-Verse... which of course was published long after Sony acquired the Spider-Man rights.
    It's enough that she's shared like Spider-Man is btw Sony and MCU. We don't need 2 different takes on Spider-Woman running around onscreen. What would the piece of the character that MCU couldn't use as was the case with the Pietro/Wanda deal - MCU couldn't use them as "mutants". Sony wouldn't be able to use Hydra? MCU having to keep references to her origin murky?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Fantastic Member

I don't really like the retcon of Spider-Woman's origin in 2005. Why not do a clean retcon... the fact that she hallucinates Bova, High Evolutionary... makes no sense. Why was the general named "General Wyndham" in clear reference to the High Evolutionary?

Just seems like ways for Marvel to re-insert Spider-woman's old origin if they change their mind in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionaryFan View Post
    I don't really like the retcon of Spider-Woman's origin in 2005. Why not do a clean retcon... the fact that she hallucinates Bova, High Evolutionary... makes no sense. Why was the general named "General Wyndham" in clear reference to the High Evolutionary?

Just seems like ways for Marvel to re-insert Spider-woman's old origin if they change their mind in the future.
    I pretend the Bendis thing was really her brainwashed memories and that the origin from issue 1 is still legit.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I pretend the Bendis thing was really her brainwashed memories and that the origin from issue 1 is still legit.
    Speaking of Bendis, what is he up to these day?

Non-Big Two work. I think he's doing some creator owned stuff for Dark Horse.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Jess has two pages in todays Web of Spider-Man one-shot. It looks like the New Champions mentioned in the solicits have been renamed The Assembly.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jess has two pages in todays Web of Spider-Man one-shot. It looks like the New Champions mentioned in the solicits have been renamed The Assembly.
    I find these "New Champions/The Assembly" to be a disappointment without even seeing them. More new characters who will be thrown away soon after their introduction.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Thoroughly enjoyed today’s issue. Looking forward to west coast adventures.

I’d love to see the reappearances of David Ishma, Poltergeist & Link, Daddy Longlegs, Skein and others.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Astonishing Member

Is the new Moon Knight is who people are guessing he is, I'd like to see a crossover with he and Jess -- since they have history.

Extraordinary Member

I wish they would stop pushing Spider-Boy. I thought he was a stupid idea when he was introduced and when I read him in that Spider-Man series. He has replaced Hulkverine in my mind as the worst character ever created.

This could have been a great issue with Jess talking to her friends and dealing with what is going on with Gerry...but instead they put S-B in the book and have a crappy story.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I wish they would stop pushing Spider-Boy. I thought he was a stupid idea when he was introduced and when I read him in that Spider-Man series. He has replaced Hulkverine in my mind as the worst character ever created.

This could have been a great issue with Jess talking to her friends and dealing with what is going on with Gerry...but instead they put S-B in the book and have a crappy story.
    I thought he was cool. This was my very first exposure to him. It wasn't crappy story at all. I love the writer's work here and in the X-books. He provides a good voice for each and every character as well as brings in many forgotten characters.

As for Gerry, I want to see that play out long term, not have Jessica crying over it every issue. In fact, seeing her talk about it with Carol was enough. When Franklin Richards was aged up to Psi-Lord in the 90's we didn't have Sue crying to all her friends, instead she became a stronger character because of it. And in the end, your Franks returned just as Gerry probably will.

On with Spider-Woman adventures.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 03-20-2024 at 05:45 PM.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Is the new Moon Knight is who people are guessing he is, I'd like to see a crossover with he and Jess -- since they have history.
    I don't read it. Is it Jack Russell?

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Astonishing Member

Some people are guessing that he's the Shroud.