Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Foxe just keeps pissing me off with this crap. spoilers:
    Wouldn't Lindsay or her niece Rebecca make more sense for a babysitter considering the break up? And Roger finds himself in an apartment with a kid and just abandons him? And since everyone forgot Gerry because Jess got erased...wouldn't they remember the little guy when Jess came back?
    end of spoilers
    Yes and no. spoilers:
    Lindsay maybe hasn't come back from Madripoor yet -- when the last series ended Lindsay had unfinished business there she needed to resolve. I agree that Roger wouldn't likely be the FIRST call Jessica would make if she needed a sitter, but sometimes the regular sitter isn't available and you have to call on your back-up options.

As for Roger abandoning the baby, if Gerry was asleep in his crib at the time when Jessica was erased and Roger wasn't in the baby's room to see him he would not have had any clue that there was a baby there. He would just suddenly find himself in a strange apartment...and left. Its tragic and horrific but technically not him 'abandoning' a baby if he didn't know the baby was there. And then Hydra swooped in and grabbed the kid before anyone could remember him and come looking.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Based on future solicitations, this doesn't look like it has a happy ending.
    Assassinate Putin!

It'll probably be impossible for Gerry to be de-aged, which means Jess has lost her son. I guess the New Champions will distract her from the grief though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

During the last volume, I tweeted at the writer that that she better not get rid of Gerry. She assured me she wouldn't. I forgot to do that for this volume.

I'm enjoying the series. A whole lot. Are bad things happening that we are not supposed to like? YES - that is comics.

For as long as this series lasts I am just going to enjoy the ride and hope for the best possible outcome for a certain supporting character. Otherwise, to me this is the best SW comic over the last couple of volumes.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Sadly this book has taken absolutely everything I loved about the Hopeless book and thrown it out. I gave it a chance, but this one isn't for me

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    To be fair that was just an edgy and rather disgusting rape/manipulation/forced pregnancy story. It's probably for the best it's been forgotten.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 02-21-2024 at 11:02 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It'll probably be impossible for Gerry to be de-aged, which means Jess has lost her son. I guess the New Champions will distract her from the grief though.
    So they pulled a Jon Kent, but unlike Jon Kent this is going to be for the best?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    So they pulled a Jon Kent, but unlike Jon Kent this is going to be for the best?
    Still feels super forced.

I suppose the "age up/turned into a villain" thing is inevitable with every super hero's kid but given Marvel's track record of just getting rid of things some editor doesn't like, I don't trust them to undo this. The Spider-Marriage seems to be permanently gone. Wanda's kids were erased from history for over 20 years. I have no idea how popular Gerry was but the Spider Marriage was supported by most fans and that didn't stop them from undoing it.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Sadly this book has taken absolutely everything I loved about the Hopeless book and thrown it out. I gave it a chance, but this one isn't for me

To be fair that was just an edgy and rather disgusting rape/manipulation/forced pregnancy story. It's probably for the best it's been forgotten.
    I get the negative aspect of the pregnancy story in that FF issue...but at the same time Johnny does get around and a woman turning up saying she is pregnant with his kid should be a story of Johnny stepping up and taking responsibility...not of "let's get rid of the woman by throwing her into the time stream so Johnny doesn't have to take responsibility". Not necessarily saying he needed to marry the woman...but step up and be the baby's daddy.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I suppose the "age up/turned into a villain" thing is inevitable with every super hero's kid but given Marvel's track record of just getting rid of things some editor doesn't like, I don't trust them to undo this. The Spider-Marriage seems to be permanently gone. Wanda's kids were erased from history for over 20 years. I have no idea how popular Gerry was but the Spider Marriage was supported by most fans and that didn't stop them from undoing it.
    Gerry was supposed to grow up to become MC2's Spider-Man. So in Mayday's world, Hydra kidnapping and aging him didn't happen.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oof, something easy to miss here, Jess's origin has been altered again. Gerry said what happened to him is the same thing that happened to her. She was aged up as well! So had Hydra not grabbed her back then, she'd probably be a decade or so younger.

Foxe is doing a good job with his X-books, but ageing up Jessica’s baby and turning him into a Hydra agent is such a terrible idea.

Extraordinary Member

To broaden this a bit...why would Hydra go around snatching kids and going through all the trouble or aging them up and making people forget them? Why not just get some scientist who can create super humans out of their loyal soldiers??
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Foxe is doing a good job with his X-books, but ageing up Jessica’s baby and turning him into a Hydra agent is such a terrible idea.
    This whole thing smacks of editorial mandate.
    Assassinate Putin!