Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Classic suit is back.The Gerry problem being taken care of. Marvel seems really committed to putting this character back on track.
    I think it’s more that they’re getting her synergized for an upcoming MCU appearance.

Extraordinary Member

Are we ignoring the plot hole you could fly a jumbo jet through? That Jess didn't say 4 little words to her BFF Carol..."My baby is missing!" Is there any doubt that saying that as soon as she saw Gerry was missing that the full might and technological resources of the Avengers would be tracking down a missing child? They would have Dr Strange using magic and Tony and T'Challa using their tech. while the Avengers don't have deep bench of telepaths they would get one to check Jess's mind and other people's as well and discover any tampering iwth memories. Roger was watching Gerry...so he would be interrogated over what happened. Would they break through the altered memories and Roger remembers everything? Not to mention Avengers all over the city kicking in door and busting heads looking for answers.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

She DID tell Carol her baby was missing, but Carol thought she was delusional.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Are we ignoring the plot hole you could fly a jumbo jet through? That Jess didn't say 4 little words to her BFF Carol..."My baby is missing!" Is there any doubt that saying that as soon as she saw Gerry was missing that the full might and technological resources of the Avengers would be tracking down a missing child? They would have Dr Strange using magic and Tony and T'Challa using their tech. while the Avengers don't have deep bench of telepaths they would get one to check Jess's mind and other people's as well and discover any tampering iwth memories. Roger was watching Gerry...so he would be interrogated over what happened. Would they break through the altered memories and Roger remembers everything? Not to mention Avengers all over the city kicking in door and busting heads looking for answers.
    How? The Avengers forgot he existed and Jess keeps trying to explain to them that he does. Maybe now Jess can use the captured Diamondback to admit it though.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Come to think of it, with Anya reverted to Arana and Mayday being AU, 616 has no current Spider-Girl. There's something that, with Madame Web in mind, they could've done for synergy - revive Mattie Franklin, Spider-Woman III (though she wouldn't look like her movie counterpart due to being race-lifted there). Since she's probably only called Spider-Woman because Jessica and Julia were both depowered at the time and Mayday's book debuted at around the same time her's did, it would make more sense for her to be Spider-Girl if she came back to life, since Jessica's already using the Spider-Woman name, Spider-Girl is vacant, and Mattie's a teenager, so young enough for it to fit.
    I’m waiting to see what that new Champion female variant of Miles is called.

Extraordinary Member

She DID tell Carol her baby was missing, but Carol thought she was delusional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    How? The Avengers forgot he existed and Jess keeps trying to explain to them that he does. Maybe now Jess can use the captured Diamondback to admit it though.
    Those just seem like cop outs to me. With everything the Avengers have been through and have seen others going through why would they just ignore Jess. She is adamant she has a kid and all the people she tells just blow her off? Jess found a the lock of Gerry's hair. So there are most likely traces of Gerry all over the apartment. Skin cells, hairs that fell out, saliva from him teething on things. As soon as Jess says the words then there should be a forensic search of her apartment. That would have found the lock of hair sooner. Julia has telepathy....so why not do a telepathic scan of Jess who says "I have a kid" and all her friends who knew about Gerry but now say "No you don't". They would have physical evidence of a child with her DNA and telepathic evidence of people's minds being altered.

Having everyone just ignore Jess because they think she has mental issues is just pathetic. Especially in this modern era of mental health awareness.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Those just seem like cop outs to me. With everything the Avengers have been through and have seen others going through why would they just ignore Jess. She is adamant she has a kid and all the people she tells just blow her off? Jess found a the lock of Gerry's hair. So there are most likely traces of Gerry all over the apartment. Skin cells, hairs that fell out, saliva from him teething on things. As soon as Jess says the words then there should be a forensic search of her apartment. That would have found the lock of hair sooner. Julia has telepathy....so why not do a telepathic scan of Jess who says "I have a kid" and all her friends who knew about Gerry but now say "No you don't". They would have physical evidence of a child with her DNA and telepathic evidence of people's minds being altered.

Having everyone just ignore Jess because they think she has mental issues is just pathetic. Especially in this modern era of mental health awareness.
    Editorial didn’t consider or think of any of this. They probably didn’t care either. Gerry has got to go by any means necessary. Editorial put a hit out on a baby! Gerry is going to get whacked.

Extraordinary Member

This really puts Viper back as Jessica’s #1 archenemy.

I think it’s more that they’re getting her synergized for an upcoming MCU appearance.
    The Jessica Drew Spider-Woman movie is SO far off (if it's still happening) that I can't imagine there's anything to synergize with yet. Any moves they make now to adjust the comics to the movie would be worse than the suspected making Carol Danvers half-Kree based on early casting.
    Anyone seen any of Olivia Wilde's directing work? "Don't Worry Darling" had it behind the scenes problems but I haven't read much about the actual film.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

I’m waiting to see what that new Champion female variant of Miles is called.
    We know they aren't all on the team that'll appear in Spider-Woman. Storm's, Maystorm, is in Ultimate X-Men instead. Given that Miles's looks almost the same as him, I doubt she'll be used. The costume is identical except for the hole at the top of the mask for the hair. It was probably the laziest design of the lot (there was 22 of them in total, which is far too many for a team, I expect to only see half of them).

The one I'm wondering about is Captain America's, who is on the latest solicited cover for Spider-Woman. She looks like she's got a copy of Nadia's wings, so I can see GIRL being in her origin - as well as the Captains Network from United States of Captain America. The codename for that one seems obvious - a new Miss America, since the current one America Chavez doesn't seem to use a codename any more (her last book used her full name, and the one before that was just called America).

And I just realised that solicit was never posted here!

STEVE FOXE (W) • Ig Guara (A)
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVI GO
    BLACK COSTUME VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    Following the shocking revelations about her son's fate, Spider-Woman has returned to her old stomping grounds of San Francisco...where she discovers that a brand-new group of young heroes have burst onto the scene! But why does Jess have a sinking feeling that there's more to these teens than meets the eye?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-03-2024 at 05:02 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    The Jessica Drew Spider-Woman movie is SO far off (if it's still happening) that I can't imagine there's anything to synergize with yet. Any moves they make now to adjust the comics to the movie would be worse than the suspected making Carol Danvers half-Kree based on early casting.
    Anyone seen any of Olivia Wilde's directing work? "Don't Worry Darling" had it behind the scenes problems but I haven't read much about the actual film.
    I would think the Jess movie would be an origin story. Why would they synergize to that?

STEVE FOXE (W) • Ig Guara (A)
    Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    VARIANT COVER BY DAVI GO
    BLACK COSTUME VARIANT COVER BY PEACH MOMOKO
    Following the shocking revelations about her son's fate, Spider-Woman has returned to her old stomping grounds of San Francisco...where she discovers that a brand-new group of young heroes have burst onto the scene! But why does Jess have a sinking feeling that there's more to these teens than meets the eye?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Unless these new kids are other Hydra kidnapped and abused kids and a path for Jess to find Gerry and save him...this is a bad look for Jess. Her child is kidnapped and abused by Hydra and instead of using all the resources available to her she runs off to the other side of the country.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-03-2024 at 06:30 AM.

I would think the Jess movie would be an origin story. Why would they synergize to that?

Unless these new kids are other Hydra kidnapped and abused kids and a path for Jess to find Gerry and save him...this is a bad look for Jess. Her child is kidnapped and abused by Hydra and instead of using all the resources available to her she runs off to the other side of the country.
    Editorial is putting distance between Jess and Gerry. At this point the best compromise is to make Gerry a Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Editorial is putting distance between Jess and Gerry. At this point the best compromise is to make Gerry a Champion.
    Gerry seems to have been aged up past their age group though. Green Mamba looked like a full grown adult. And I don't think the team is even active any more since the events of ASM #26. It appears that the team fell apart after losing their leader. Miles's solo book should really explain their status, since Kamala seems to have joined his supporting cast (while still having her own book and being an X-Man, for now!).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-03-2024 at 09:35 AM.

It sounds like the situation's already over by that point. Last we saw he went into the sea, is he even still alive? If he is, he might not want anything to do with her.

It sounds like the situation's already over by that point. Last we saw he went into the sea, is he even still alive? If he is, he might not want anything to do with her.
    It all remains to be seen what happens to Gerry. I have a feeling editorial is going to screw this up royally. They should have just left him a toddler and in the background. Played it safe instead of this cockamamie age up Green Mamba stuff.