Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It sounds like the situation's already over by that point. Last we saw he went into the sea, is he even still alive? If he is, he might not want anything to do with her.
    Gerry has powers on the same scale as his mom. He could easily survive falling off a ship. Also it is even more moronic for Jess to not involve the Avengers because she now has information that Hydra has a program to track and kidnap super powered kids. You think if she told them that the Avengers would act like it isn't something for them to deal with?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    It all remains to be seen what happens to Gerry. I have a feeling editorial is going to screw this up royally. They should have just left him a toddler and in the background. Played it safe instead of this cockamamie age up Green Mamba stuff.
    Maybe it would had been best if Jessica never had a child at all. Would be nice to see a Jessica Drew and Peter Parker adventure that doesn't involve The Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Maybe it would had been best if Jessica never had a child at all. Would be nice to see a Jessica Drew and Peter Parker adventure that doesn't involve The Avengers.
    Maybe, but he’s here so Marvel needs to handle it carefully and not make a mess out of it.

Editorial is putting distance between Jess and Gerry. At this point the best compromise is to make Gerry a Champion.
    I care little for baby/child Gerry. I'm all about Future Adult Gerry the Spider and his stylin' post-apocalyptic outfit...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I care little for baby/child Gerry. I'm all about Future Adult Gerry the Spider and his stylin' post-apocalyptic outfit...
    I would say you need a happy, healthy Gerry growing up normally and having a good relationship with his Mom to get that adult Gerry.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would say you need a happy, healthy Gerry growing up normally and having a good relationship with his Mom to get that adult Gerry.
    Have to agree. Right now Gerry is either dead which I doubt, or still a brainwashed villain. Not something any mother could handle. The scar would forever change that person. Marvel can’t just whack Gerry and write Jess like it’s no big deal. Gerry might not be the only one getting whacked. If this doesn’t sell well Jess is going to get it too.

Astonishing Member

This just shows that editorial should never have okayed the pregnancy story to begin with. Too much time being invested into a character that shouldn't even exist. No one is happy right now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    This just shows that editorial should never have okayed the pregnancy story to begin with. Too much time being invested into a character that shouldn't even exist. No one is happy right now.
    Or once okayed should have stuck with it and if a writer tried to get rid of him put their foot down.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 03-07-2024 at 06:21 PM.

Welcome back to the Avengers, Jess.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

Spider-Boy? Really?!

Have to agree. Right now Gerry is either dead which I doubt, or still a brainwashed villain. Not something any mother could handle. The scar would forever change that person. Marvel can’t just whack Gerry and write Jess like it’s no big deal. Gerry might not be the only one getting whacked. If this doesn’t sell well Jess is going to get it too.
    I don't believe that. She is a part of the Spider-Man franchise now. Being able to have a "Spider-Woman" is too big of a deal. If anything this a "clear the decks" run to get the character to where she needs to be to start over in earnest.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I don't believe that. She is a part of the Spider-Man franchise now. Being able to have a "Spider-Woman" is too big of a deal. If anything this a "clear the decks" run to get the character to where she needs to be to start over in earnest.
    Not everyone was against Gerry (or Jess's relationship with Roger). Some of us think he was a fun addition and helped Jessica have a real life outside the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Spider-Boy? Really?!
    After the shock of the terrible creative decision to do this to Gerry...I think it is time to move on to the 2nd stage of dealing with terrible writing. Bargaining. I feel that it would be perfectly acceptable to kill Spider-Boy off in an extremely horrific manner to give us Gerry back.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Not everyone was against Gerry (or Jess's relationship with Roger). Some of us think he was a fun addition and helped Jessica have a real life outside the suit.

After the shock of the terrible creative decision to do this to Gerry...I think it is time to move on to the 2nd stage of dealing with terrible writing. Bargaining. I feel that it would be perfectly acceptable to kill Spider-Boy off in an extremely horrific manner to give us Gerry back.
    Roger was a great addition to Spider-Woman. So was Ben Urich. Hallum got 27 issues with Jess, Gerry, Roger and Ben. Pacheco not as many. We’ll see how long this run lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    To big a deal? Marvel will not publish titles that don’t sell. Plus now that Madame Web was a total flop they may consider shelving any Spider-Woman movies. Peter is his own franchise. He carry’s all the spiders.