Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Looks a bit like a Spider-Woman custome if it was a CW show.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Astonishing Member

It's acceptable, but not great. The webbing is too subtle.

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    Looks a bit like a Spider-Woman custome if it was a CW show.
    It DOES look similar to the earlier Flash costumes, yeah. Similar material and colour.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The other "Spider-Women"'s costumes look good IMO.

Hopefully if/When Jessica gets a movie the costume will look as good. I just hope the eyes are covered and not open.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Nice to see Julia using her psi-webs! Its always been rather ambiguous since she became the new Madame Web whether or not Julia still retained the other powers she had as Spider-Woman/Arachne, since writers haven't been consistent about it and have mostly limited her to just making cryptic comments about her psychic premonitions. Hopefully writers will start using her full range of powers and talents again. The Madame Web psychic stuff is fine...but its a waste of a good character and very capable heroine to have her limited to just standing in the background with vague prophecies.

The other "Spider-Women"'s costumes look good IMO.

Hopefully if/When Jessica gets a movie the costume will look as good. I just hope the eyes are covered and not open.
    The covered eyes/open eyes costuming factor - and how it usually is decided to allow actors to make use of more of their faces in their performance - got me looking for examples of Jessica's mask being portrayed as dynamic and expressive (as Spider-Man's often are and have been successfully adapted Tom Holland's Spidey) vs just being static expressionless lenses. Not a lot of examples of Jessica's classic mask having expressions...so I wonder which way a movie adaptation would chose to go...or if they would go with the sunglasses lenses/mask as a happy medium (as seen in the Mattie Franklin and Arana characters in MADAME WEB).

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Nice to see Julia using her psi-webs! Its always been rather ambiguous since she became the new Madame Web whether or not Julia still retained the other powers she had as Spider-Woman/Arachne, since writers haven't been consistent about it and have mostly limited her to just making cryptic comments about her psychic premonitions. Hopefully writers will start using her full range of powers and talents again. The Madame Web psychic stuff is fine...but its a waste of a good character and very capable heroine to have her limited to just standing in the background with vague prophecies.
    I thought the same thing about Julia's Psi-Webs! Hopefully she will start losing the Madam Web persona and become Arachne again. It's only a matter of time before Marvel brings back Cassandra once the movie comes out. It would be even better if she gets resurrected by The Five.

Maybe this series will also make Jessica and Julia close friends.

We also need to see Sybil. I don't think she's "interacted" with Spider-Woman since the Spider-Island story which was a throwback to Jessica's second appearance int the Marvel Two-in-One series.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Astonishing Member

Are her web gliders now suppressed until she activates them? Personally, it looks like something is missing when they are not showing.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Are her web gliders now suppressed until she activates them? Personally, it looks like something is missing when they are not showing.
    As a fan of the Brian Postman SW costume with the huge gliders....I agree!

I hate when they are tiny like Asian paper hand-fans. HTF would you glide on those?!?
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-19-2024 at 08:28 AM.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

As a fan of the Brian Postman SW costume with the huge gliders....I agree!

I hate when they are tiny like Asian paper hand-fans. HTF would you glide on those?!?
    While looking for images of the weaponized hand-fan functionality of the glider wings, I discovered that another innovation of the last volume was a body flashlight feature!

Last edited by Thirteen; 01-19-2024 at 11:21 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

How is it that Hydra (or at least Viper) knows about Gerry but Julia and Carol don't?? That is the thing that confuses me. Did Gerry get poofed when the magic knife erased Jess? Or did Hydra take him and somehow make people forget him??
    Last edited by Chris0013; 01-19-2024 at 03:19 PM.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Now this is a Julia I want to see more of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Becoming Madame Web is possibly one of the worst things to happen to Julia with the way they often write her.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Becoming Madame Web is possibly one of the worst things to happen to Julia with the way they often write her.
    AGREED!!!

As for the glider wings, I kind of thought that would be how Jess got out of her predicament of falling (but it was nice to see Julia.) As for the size...something between the Leialoha and Postman would be perfect. Absolutely no to the japanese fighting fan versions though...that's just not Jess' style.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

I agree, with the key there being the way they have often written her since becoming Madame Web. It isn't so much being "Madame Web" itself that's the problem; its the way it changed her portrayal so much. Many times her personality has been unrecognizable. Her daughter Rachel has been almost entirely forgotten or ignored. Julia as Madame Web should still be Julia -- just with some new powers in the mix. I am grateful that Steve Foxe seems to be restoring Madame Web to being "Julia Carpenter" again instead of just "generic cryptic precog".