Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    I remember people not liking it at the time, but I genuinely enjoyed when Mera changed her costume and was with Arthur as Aquawoman.
    She wore it well but deserves her own unique look .

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    Mera: beautiful, powerful and graceful. Love to see it! I need her back prominently in the comics. I was too spoiled by Geoff Johns and Dan Abnett.
    We all were!!!

Mera was great when they were writing her!
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Yeah, thats a good write up. But you might be wondering what changed since this connection existed back when Aquaman was created? In recent years interest in ancient mythical civilizations has been slowly getting "integrated" into Qanon and various other far right groups. For example, there was recently Netflix series by pseudo archeologist Graham Hancock that caused some pushback.

Note that, if I'm not mistaken, MCU changed the name of Atlantis.

And I don't think that DC has something against Aquaman, but I wonder if due to that context Aquaman jusn't isn't a priority for DC now.
    After reading and entertaining the though, I vote no! I have noticed that lots of heroes with mythical homelands as origins just don't have those places included or emphasized as much for DC or Marvel. Namor, Doom, and Thor. The slight exception is Wakanda and the writers are doing everything they can to squeeze out anything magical, mysterious and special about his realm. I think writers are into the cynical, realism of all things right now.

Fantastic Member

I love how Aquaman uses control over sea birds just often enough to remind us that he has that power but not often enough to make enemies plan against it. It's the ultimate wild card.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    After reading and entertaining the though, I vote no! I have noticed that lots of heroes with mythical homelands as origins just don't have those places included or emphasized as much for DC or Marvel. Namor, Doom, and Thor. The slight exception is Wakanda and the writers are doing everything they can to squeeze out anything magical, mysterious and special about his realm. I think writers are into the cynical, realism of all things right now.
    What are you talking about? Atlantis (both DC and Marvel) and Themyscira have been a major topic of focus since their main leads debuted.

Incredible Member

Fantastic Member

In More Fun Comics #85, Aquaman threw a polar bear at poachers. The moment was so awesome the splash page for the story also featured it, meaning we get to see it twice!

Nice Dolphin art and polar bear action .

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

So apparently the Black Manta story in the latest Power Special mentioned Arthur Jr.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/DC_Power_...The_Session%22

Appearing in Black Manta: "Lost at Sea"
    Featured Characters:

Black Manta
    Supporting Characters:

Ajani (Single appearance; dies)
    Basil (Single appearance) (Joins Manta Men)
    Antagonists:

Knotty Dread (Single appearance)
    Other Characters:

Jackson Hyde (Flashback only) (Cameo)
    Aquababy (Arthur Curry, Jr.) (Deceased) (Mentioned only)
    Aquaman (Mentioned only)
    Brucknor (Mentioned only)
    Cecil (Mentioned only)
    Jesse Hyde (Deceased) (Mentioned only)
    Manta Men (Mentioned only)
    Teen Titans (Mentioned only)
    Xebelians (Mentioned only)
    Lucia (Mentioned only)
    Looks like Aquababy is canon again

Fantastic Member

Let's hope Andy stays safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    So apparently the Black Manta story in the latest Power Special mentioned Arthur Jr.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/DC_Power_...The_Session%22

Looks like Aquababy is canon again
    If this is true and Aquaman and Mera remember having a baby MURDERED by Black Manta, can we please have them act like it? Meaning no more of this crap where DC tries to paint Black Manta as an anti-hero. The dude MURDERED a baby of a super-hero couple. That Aquamen mini was ridiculous considering BM's past. No one in the DCU should ever give this guy a pass on his past.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    If this is true and Aquaman and Mera remember having a baby MURDERED by Black Manta, can we please have them act like it? Meaning no more of this crap where DC tries to paint Black Manta as an anti-hero. The dude MURDERED a baby of a super-hero couple. That Aquamen mini was ridiculous considering BM's past. No one in the DCU should ever give this guy a pass on his past.
    Andy being playful with Black Manta and no one batting an eye was...surreal.

Made any sense only in continuity where Death of a prince never happened.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Has anyone read the Manta story for the Power Special?

Apparently Manta takes a kid under his protection after being reminded of Jackson or something.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Andy being playful with Black Manta and no one batting an eye was...surreal.
    IIRC Andy said "Dead! Dead!" and Mera corrected her as "Red" but I imagine Andy wanted Manta dead and was just too young/cute to express it properly. XD

Manta: Why is that baby staring at me?
    Mera, holding baby Andy: It's a baby, they're naturally curious.
    Manta: I think it's plotting against me.