Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Never expected to see a "Go read Future State!" plug.

I forget Garth has eyebeams.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Pew Pew

Has Tulla ever done anything?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The most random Future State plug is probably still Jesse Chambers appearance in the World Without a Justice League Aquaman story.

Cause it doesn't make sense that in Aquaman's hypothetical dream world featuring all his supporting cast, it also includes his daughter dating a Flash he has no idea exists and is too old for his daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    I liked Voidsong very much, agreed that it was one the best stories in the last years.

Personally I liked Endless Winter Aquaman more. In one issue they managed to capture the essence of Aquaman and tie in, with what came before and the current story. However as I said before, you need creative teams that can give the book a boost in sales.

Since you mentioned Parker, I would like him to return and continue his run, which I consider unjustly underestimated. He was removed from that run because of infighting at DC, a stupid decision as he was delivering a solid run with very good sales for an Aquaman comic.
    I have not read Endless Winter crossover, but I keep hearing somewhat positive reviews of it so I might have to try it at some point.

I think Graduation Day was the first time he used them.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I have not read Endless Winter crossover, but I keep hearing somewhat positive reviews of it so I might have to try it at some point.
    Endless Winter Aquaman in my opinion is perfect, Arthur and Mera as they should be, it has vibes of the silver age mixed with modern Aquaman, Andy is also adorable. There is also an awesome spread of Arthur and Mera leading the charge ON Seahorse of a troll army. At which Arthur joking tells Mera, he has married the Queen of trolls.

BTW good luck in finding the issue, it was sold out, the copies that are available aren't cheap.

Epd7MeSXcAMp2jX.jpg
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-04-2024 at 08:59 AM.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Looking forward to more Aqua Family adventures in 2024 also, hope that there will be another movie Mamoa does Aquaman justice second movie was incredible better than the Ant Man movies
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

I assume it's collected in trade though.

Incredible Member

by Taratara Studio

GA_jbBaaEAIg4aO.jpg

I assume it's collected in trade though.
    Doesn't seem to be collected in trade.

Checked prices of single issues you can find Endless Winter Superman at $3.95 while Aquaman at $15, some are even charging $30.
    If you can find a bargain Aquaman Endless Winter I recommended it. One of the best issues since New52.

They made toys of the characters for Endless Winter but no trade it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Britain of Earth 20 View Post
    Looking forward to more Aqua Family adventures in 2024 also, hope that there will be another movie Mamoa does Aquaman justice second movie was incredible better than the Ant Man movies
    The second movie is quite enjoyable.

It reminds me why I love the underwater setting. The cool armors, Thaddeus played the incredible Dolph Lundgren has a great suit, and all the fun fish-people designs especially since the Brine King got a heavier role in this movie who was a hoot.

Thats what the comic should focusing on, more fun epic adventures under the sea than just another rigamarole about how Atlantis hates the surface world again.

Doesn't seem to be collected in trade.

Checked prices of single issues you can find Endless Winter Superman at $3.95 while Aquaman at $15, some are even charging $30.
    If you can find a bargain Aquaman Endless Winter I recommended it. One of the best issues since New52.

They made toys of the characters for Endless Winter but no trade it seems.
    Found the hardcover for it at 26 bucks. Don't worry it contains the Aquaman issue plus the whole story.

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...s%2C136&sr=8-1
    Last edited by Mantis-Ray; 01-04-2024 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Found the hardcover for it at 26 bucks. Don't worry it contains the Aquaman issue plus the whole story.

https://www.amazon.com/Justice-Leagu...s%2C136&sr=8-1
    The Justice League Endless winter was a separate issue, so be sure it includes the Aquaman issue. He does appear in JL but his solo issue is much better.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-04-2024 at 12:52 PM.

The Justice League Endless winter was a separate issue, so be sure it includes the Aquaman issue. He does appear in JL but his solo issue is much better.
    From what I recall the story was released in parts, with every Endless Winter issue being a numbered part of the story, so I see no reason why it wouldn't be collected.

Plus clicking on the digital version actually shows the collected the issues in the book. It says Aquaman issue 66 which is Part 4 of the Endless Winter story written by Andy Lanning, Ron Marz and drawn by Miguel Mendonca, Marco Santucci.

There’s an extinction-level storm wreaking havoc on the entirety of Earth, and the Justice League finds themselves fighting a literal force of nature! Enter the Frost King, a monster mad with power, with an ice army at his command! What devastating secrets lie in the Frost King’s past? Justice League: Endless Winter is a crossover event collection that includes Aquaman #66, The Flash #767, Justice League #58, Justice League Dark #29, Justice League: Endless Winter #1-2, Teen Titans: Endless Winter Special #1, Black Adam: Endless Winter Special #1, and Superman: Endless Winter Special #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

It reminds me why I love the underwater setting. The cool armors, Thaddeus played the incredible Dolph Lundgren has a great suit, and all the fun fish-people designs especially since the Brine King got a heavier role in this movie who was a hoot.

Thats what the comic should focusing on, more fun epic adventures under the sea than just another rigamarole about how Atlantis hates the surface world again.
    Since you brought it up, this is my opinion a bit long hope it is not boring.

It is an enjoyable family flick. The movie has proven that all those who claimed to have seen test screenings to be liars. I lost count of all the characters they said will die, without giving into spoilers we have another proof of their lies. Aquaman is showing that out there, he is loved by audiences, Gunn and WB should take notice that without any hype or marketing, he is achieving a respectable result. This despite the doomsters saying that superhero fatigue, end of DCEU, Amber heard, screenings etc. James Wan proofs again he is a great director and despite studio interference he managed to make a good movie. Visuals and action are great.
    Aquaman considered as a punchline even by some on this forum, its seem that he annoyed some DC fans that his first movie did so well. they try and diminish it at all turns. Well he gave DC their biggest BO office ever and is bringing DCEU to a respectable ending all by himself.

Mind it, not close to the first movie, the dialogue is certainly not a strong point but this is not Shakespeare movie after all, some silly jokes they could have done without, Momoa acted at times like Momoa not Arthur Curry which is annoying.
    I believe that the deleted scenes have made somehow the characters look emotionless.
    The fight with the evil villain is a let down, after all the central theme is this ancient terrifying evil and he wakes up for 30 seconds.

It certainly needed more Mera, her absence in certain instances feels like something is missing. When she appears it is too brief, although she does save the day. After all they could have kept the scenes with Heard, her presence doesn't seem to have impacted negatively the movie. DC should stop listening to the twitter mob, they don't represent the audiences.

Maybe few have noticed but Manta searching with Shin for Atlantean relics is loosely adapted from New 52 The Others and Kordax imprisoned in Antarctica recalls the Dead King also in New52, only difference that this was Kordax not Atlan.

A final note, Justice has been done with Aquababy, this poor little fellow is one of the few characters in comic to have died and remained dead.
    Aquaman ends up being the only DCEU superhero to be a married guy and a father. A family guy for a family flick.