Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

The funniest thing about all this, is the fact that Aquaman 2 has already made more than The Marvels has. After a month in theaters Marvels is at 205 million while Aquaman 2 2 weeks in is at 260 million, even doing better domestically.

So I guess DC won this round.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    A final note, Justice has been done with Aquababy, this poor little fellow is one of the few characters in comic to have died and remained dead.
    Aquaman ends up being the only DCEU superhero to be a married guy and a father. A family guy for a family flick.
    I giggled when Arthur's dad mentions how he should give Jr a sibling, knowing that Andy exists too. Its nice to think there's a universe where Jr and Andy will grow up happily as siblings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    The funniest thing about all this, is the fact that Aquaman 2 has already made more than The Marvels has. After a month in theaters Marvels is at 205 million while Aquaman 2 2 weeks in is at 260 million, even doing better domestically.

I giggled when Arthur's dad mentions how he should give Jr a sibling, knowing that Andy exists too. Its nice to think there's a universe where Jr and Andy will grow up happily as siblings.
    I believe it is near 290 million now. This without marketing, not even a decent premiere and no hype by DC. All through word of mouth.

the last scene between Aquaman and Mera(while Arthur addresses the UN) could mean he has warmed to the idea of a brother or sister for Jr.
    If you noticed certains issues that are brought up early on in the movie, like Atlantis needs to make itself known to the surface, Arthur's doubts on a second child because of his relationship with Orm. Are all resolved at the end. So yeah Andy could be on the way.

PS - Some time ago there was really a possibility that the original Aquababy was to be brought back in comics, even though Andy was already around. However they opted for the Becoming etc

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

EpxHLxUWMAMeuRy.jpg

the last pic you posted was originally done with Arthur having short hair, however since they know Frontier is keen that Arthur has long hair they altered it .
    This came after KSD run ended, to her credit she made changes to Aquaman's looks after fans told her that they prefered him clean shaven and with short hair, she went for a comprise, but at DC despite all talk they listen to fans, once she was gone they reverted back to the old style.

EpxHLxUWMAMeuRy.jpg

the last pic you posted was originally done with Arthur having short hair, however since they know Frontier is keen that Arthur has long hair they altered it .
    This came after KSD run ended, to her credit she made changes to Aquaman's looks after fans told her that they prefered him clean shaven and with short hair, she went for a comprise, but at DC despite all talk they listen to fans, once she was gone they reverted back to the old style.
    Personally I really like the beard/short hair look. But it becomes a problem if he's ever around Oliver lol.

I remember when they were advertising the return of clean shaven Aquaman for Dawn of DC, but that never happened .

Personally I really like the beard/short hair look. But it becomes a problem if he's ever around Oliver lol.
    As a PAD run stan I don't mind a beard but .. consistency? Is that gone for like ever now?

Disso_IX0AAjHG2.jpg

Another Mera version by Artgerm

Extraordinary Member

IMG_7869.jpg

Art by Bruno_artist

I love how many fans Tempest has pulled
    2023 was a great year for him and hopefully more is in store

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    IMG_7869.jpg

Art by Bruno_artist

I love how many fans Tempest has pulled
    2023 was a great year for him and hopefully more is in store
    He's come a long way from Dan Abnett having no idea what to do with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

The tide has turned. *Rim shot*

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    The tide has turned. *Rim shot*
    seems Aquaman 2 is to be the best DCEU movie since the first Aquaman.

Not bad for a movie which everyone labeled as a failure before its release, had no marketing not even a premiere, not even Gunn uttered a word in favour of this movie, that babies are not liked in superhero movies, that Aquaman character is not liked, that Heard was considered a liability,

WB/DC should review their outlook about this character, he is loved more than people think.

seems Aquaman 2 is to be the best DCEU movie since the first Aquaman.

Not bad for a movie which everyone labeled as a failure before its release, had no marketing not even a premiere, not even Gunn uttered a word in favour of this movie, that babies are not liked in superhero movies, that Aquaman character is not liked, that Heard was considered a liability,

WB/DC should review their outlook about this character, he is loved more than people think.
    It still is a box office failure. And critically a failure.

It still is a box office failure. And critically a failure.
    It is still on the path to breakeven, the movie is showing legs. Without any marketing.
    As for critical failure, first movie did not get any outstanding reviews by critics and it went to be the 3rd Best ever WB movie and Best ever DC movie. Not the first time that Critics praised movies that afterwards turned to be failures at box office.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 01-07-2024 at 12:12 PM.