Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default J Jonah Jameson Jr, Newsman of the People Appreciation 2024

Here's a thread to post all things Jameson related. whenever it happened this year and here's hoping another year where the character work that Chip Zdarsky did with him and other writers after won't get undone because Jameson been a great character lately and I rather have that progression stay that way.

if anyone can post images here I appreciate it because I trying to do it here but the images are too big or link invalid.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

It's cool, and I generally share your hopes for Jameson, as well as the hope that Jonathan Hickman in Ultimate Spider-Man does great work with him, too.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Happy New Year to Jolly Jonah and his fans .

Hoping 2024 will be Awesome for J.J.J.

Last edited by K7P5V; 01-02-2024 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Jameson was the only Marvel character to appear in Marvel's G.I. Joe series.

He also got to meet Godzilla.

And here's a quick cameo appearance in The Mask.

Manga version of J.J.J. from Spider-Man: Fake Red (スパイダーマン/偽りの赤):

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Manga version of J.J.J. from Spider-Man: Fake Red (スパイダーマン/偽りの赤):

Ha, yeah. Wonder if he's going to appear in the current Octopus Girl manga, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ha, yeah. Wonder if he's going to appear in the current Octopus Girl manga, too.
    Octopus Girl manga!? Some kind of Marvel Hentai story!?

Astonishing Member

I find some of Stan Lee’s humor from early ASM to be dated (especially Spidey’s quips), but his scenes with JJJ still hold up. This is from the Lifeline tablet arc, one of the first times a storyline continued for more than a couple issues. I think it ran from ASM#68-75. I forget why JJJ is in the hospital but this exchange is comedy gold.

IMG_4016.jpg
    Former CBR writer. See my old articles here.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Octopus Girl manga!? Some kind of Marvel Hentai story!?
    It isn't hentai, though the basic premise is that Otto Octavius accidentally uploads his brainwaves into a Japanese middle school student, which kicks off a pretty wild comedy of errors, with the Superior Octopus showing up down the line as a "heroic" rival to Doc Ock.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It isn't hentai, though the basic premise is that Otto Octavius accidentally uploads his brainwaves into a Japanese middle school student, which kicks off a pretty wild comedy of errors, with the Superior Octopus showing up down the line as a "heroic" rival to Doc Ock.
    Oh, I'm gonna read the hell out of this. Pairs nicely with One Operation Joker (Batman is now a baby and Joker must raise him!).
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    Oh, I'm gonna read the hell out of this. Pairs nicely with One Operation Joker (Batman is now a baby and Joker must raise him!).
    Oh, yeah. It's an insane premise, but that's the fun of it. Going back to J. Jonah Jameson, given contemporary events in the Marvel Universe, I'm reminded of his stand against Bastion in the X-Men's Operation: Zero Tolerance arc, where he made the point that despite having no love for the X-Men as costumed superpowered vigilantes acting like they were above the law, he had even less love for those unjustly and unfairly targeting citizens trying their best to live their lives simply because they were different from everyone else, especially not after he tried to have Bastion investigated by one of his journalists, only for said journalist to turn up dead.

Astonishing Member

Anyone a fan of Jameson should really enjoy this week first issue of Ultimate Spider-man. Hickman does solid work with the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Anyone a fan of Jameson should really enjoy this week first issue of Ultimate Spider-man. Hickman does solid work with the character.
    I really liked that him and - don't know how to add spoiler tags, sorry - the spoiler character are friends.
    harryosborn.net -Me rereading every single comic that has Harry Osborn in it, and also writing some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    It's funny how Jonah has become Robbie.