Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I can't get used to the purple haired or blue to purple balayage haired version of Goth Raven. I much preferred the previous manifestation of youthful Raven when she had a buzzcut and got a tramp stamp tattoo...

Vintage Raven headlining House Ad!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I can't get used to the purple haired or blue to purple balayage haired version of Goth Raven. I much preferred the previous manifestation of youthful Raven when she had a buzzcut and got a tramp stamp tattoo...
    The reborn look was not bad, it felt like somewhat a cross between NTT and the cartoon. Making her 15-16? again was an interesting choice?

Vintage Raven headlining House Ad!
    It would be interesting to know if it was the artists decision or not if to go with only one set of eyes for that story arc. Other then that they were replicating her Terror of Trigon look, but the lack of the second set of eyes stood out from her demony arcs before and after that.

Last edited by jmc247; 03-15-2024 at 07:01 AM.

The Dark Winged Queen part II preview

TITANS #12 CVR A CHRIS SAMNEE

(W) Tom Taylor (A) Lucas Meyer (CA) Chris Samnee
    HELL COMES FOR BLUDHAVEN! With the team on the ropes and Waller to blame, Nightwing and his allies must look within for the answers to their never-ending problems. Will Raven, the demon's daughter, lead them to salvation or to slaughter at the hands of her father, Trigon? Retail: $3.99 In-Store Date: 6/18/2024
    Last edited by jmc247; 03-15-2024 at 08:52 AM.

Right off the TT movie announcement, James Gunn revealed his favorite Titan is Raven

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Right off the TT movie announcement, James Gunn revealed his favorite Titan is Raven
    It looks like they are probably going with a Teen Titans Rebirth type cast. Raven will likely be 14-16 in terms of age range when she appears. Some online are saying the writer's favorite version of the Titans is New 52 though I can't speak to that. It does look like Damian likely will be on the cast too. Nightwing will probably be around the DC films representing an older generation.

Anyway art.

Link

New 52 Raven digital sculpture.

Last edited by jmc247; 03-16-2024 at 07:43 AM.

I always assumed his favorite Titan would most likely be Beast Boy because James Gunn is well-known to be an animal lover and he is the comedic relief of the Titans which is something up from Gunn's alley (Rocket Racoon, Weasel, King Shark, Peacemaker). It's good to see Raven as his favorite Titan it gives her a likely chance to join the DCU. It seems with Damian and Jaimie in the cinematic universe alongside with Supergirl (who may replace Connor) that the Teen Titans roster would most likely be based on the DCAMU.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    I like when Raven goes multi eyed, they should do it more often in big battles.

Collecting a RAVEN tangent from DCU Movies thread...

Regarding Raven and Azarath, the Indian influences were definitely strong at the beginning

Considering the animated TT show whitewashed an actual Indian character like Jinx, Twitter demanding an Indian Raven seems understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    She still has the bindi on the forehead.In teen titans animated series she new sanskrit and was fluent in it.Trigon isn't anywhere close to indian.It's generic devil character.
    This is what the Indian God of Death looks like

Satan as in the Christian devil and demons in different religions ended up having horns via osmosis from various Pagan imagery. The name Trigon is also very similar to the Sanskrit term Trigun so wouldn't be surprised if that's where Perez got it from while doing research on Hinduism for Azarathi culture inspiration.
    Quote Originally Posted by dswynne View Post
    I thought the "Indian God of Death" was Kali, who has been depicted as gray-skinned/blue in the DCU.
    Hmmm got me wondering if Animated Raven's pale ash colored skin is a reference to that...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Trigon was highly successful in Terror of Trigon in a way he was not in later comics or on the Titans TV show by combining demon/devil imagery from many sources with an other worldly cosmic being/Galactus concepts and imagry.

If they simply make him a demon as we saw them do already other characters in Black Adam or him in the Titans TV show he is going to flop. The only medium that has really gotten it somewhat of late with him was ironically the animated movies.

Forget the cultural issue Trigon is supposed to be a cross between a cosmic being and a demon.

Last edited by jmc247; 03-21-2024 at 03:03 AM.

Link

It sounds like they are basing live action plans off at least in part Teen Titans Rebirth. What do I remember from that? Not a lot a few Raven conversations with Damian. The DCAMU took a similar track with better script writing.

Last edited by jmc247; 03-27-2024 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
    I always assumed his favorite Titan would most likely be Beast Boy because James Gunn is well-known to be an animal lover and he is the comedic relief of the Titans which is something up from Gunn's alley (Rocket Racoon, Weasel, King Shark, Peacemaker). It's good to see Raven as his favorite Titan it gives her a likely chance to join the DCU. It seems with Damian and Jaimie in the cinematic universe alongside with Supergirl (who may replace Connor) that the Teen Titans roster would most likely be based on the DCAMU.
    Keep in mind a bunch of those characters weren't comic relief until Gunn made them so. Also, don't forget how Gunn made Ratcatcher II the big hero of his SS movie and she's not too far off from Raven - almost the other side of the coin in terms of father/daughter relationships. (and we know he likes to mine drama and pathos from characters having a bad parent)

I hope it’s not based on the Rebirth team! I disliked that lineup! I’d prefer the Geoff John’s lineup, though swap around some characters. Either way, Raven is a must!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Last edited by jmc247; 04-12-2024 at 10:21 AM.