Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Exhibit C: Raven is upset after meeting her new siblings. Her emotions are thrown out of wack. She quickly starts not looking or sounding like a 16 year old.

Half of her being is a pure form negative energy. Trigon was emotionally rattling her cages in the lead up to ToT to bring that part of her slowly out to the surface. But, ultimately her losing control was what did it. Her emotions influence who and what she is rather directly.

That part of her still loves what she loves. Still wants to help people as she does, but how that manifests is twisted by its nature. When she altered herself in the 90s she started looking in her mid 40s with a streak of white hair.

Well first, I said " in this panel". I was specifically referring to the incorrect assumption in this, original version of Raven, that her emotions impacted her age. That is not what was going on with original Raven. Trigon' s influence over her corrupted her, basically slowly making her evil-- and that evil reflected in her personal appearance. Think of Regan in The Exorcist.

Regarding " exhibit C"..... That's a different Raven. Supposed to be her soul put into a you ger body ( barf) but Raven was one of the older New Teen Titans. 18. Gar was the youngest at 16. And by the time she had finally defeated Trigon, gone evil again ( ugh) been stripped of her body, become a golden spirit, she had to at least have been 20. So " Raven" worrying about not sounding like a 16 year old girl doesn't make sense. (1) when her soul was attached to that 16 year old body, Raven was about 20, and (2) Raven never, ever sounded like a normal 16 year old girl....lol

I never said her emotions didn't impact her. She had to keep her emotions on check, lest Trigon would take her over. But her emotions didn't impact her " age" Her emotions facilitated Trigon' s corruption, and the more she was corrupted by his influence, the more her body reflected that corruption. Four eyes and red skin aren't due to age. That's the evil of Trigon.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Four eyes and red skin aren't due to age.
    Don't demon-shame, we all go through different changes as we get older!

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Well first, I said " in this panel". I was specifically referring to the incorrect assumption in this, original version of Raven, that her emotions impacted her age. That is not what was going on with original Raven. Trigon' s influence over her corrupted her, basically slowly making her evil-- and that evil reflected in her personal appearance. Think of Regan in The Exorcist.
    Regan was a human infected with a demon and that demon was reeking havok with her body. Was Raven going through a possession? No. Raven is the demon or at least half of her.

The issue is confused because she called her demon side Trigon because it was made from him. Now Trigon himself was agitating her demonic side and setting her emotions alight, but her visual changes were coming about from a complex internal interplay inside Raven.

I never said her emotions didn't impact her. She had to keep her emotions on check, lest Trigon would take her over. But her emotions didn't impact her " age" Her emotions facilitated Trigon' s corruption, and the more she was corrupted by his influence, the more her body reflected that corruption. Four eyes and red skin aren't due to age. That's the evil of Trigon.
    There are two issues of age here how long she actually lived in years and what age her appearance appears to be. We don't know how many years she has actually lived through its higher, perhaps far higher than her typical appearance.

My point about Raven as a character is she is half being of pure form negative energy. She can look as young or as old as she wants to appear as can Trigon appear as human or demon as he wants to appear. Appearance in not real age. Obviously, letting her demonic features surface isn't age, but white hair tends to be a look of age.

In more important news a trailer will be out today for the next animated Crisis film. Here is hoping for an appearance from a certain someone.

https://i.postimg.cc/cCWnN8ZX/Raven-White-Profile.webp
    Last edited by jmc247; 01-18-2024 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Don't demon-shame, we all go through different changes as we get older!
    Trust... I have her " evil era" hairline, so I know! Lol!

TITANS #10
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by LUCAS MEYER
    Cover by CHRIS SAMNEE
    Variant covers by BRADLEY WALKER and DANIEL BAYLISS
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 4/16/24
    The Titans are committed to helping humanity, whether humanity believes in them or not. The team is fighting on several fronts, but they refuse to back down. They refuse to buckle under overwhelming pressure. But are the Titans being manipulated? Are they on the wrong side of a conflict that could consume the world?
    I think they are setting up an internal Titans conflict of some kind, but how it will play out is unclear at this point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

I think they are setting up an internal Titans conflict of some kind, but how it will play out is unclear at this point.
    What is that raccoon-Garfield? Did he just completely forget how to cat?

Loving Ivan Reis take on Raven's hood over inn BEAST WORLD. It's not even Reis at his best but looks great. A shame the hood comes down eventually...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Loving Ivan Reis take on Raven's hood over inn BEAST WORLD. It's not even Reis at his best but looks great. A shame the hood comes down eventually...
    It does look quite good. It reminds me of the art in Injustice, but even more crisp and emotive.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-28-2024 at 06:52 AM.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-21-2024 at 04:11 PM.

Cool Raven art .

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    That more like Raven. I hate when her hood shadow is only hinted at and you see her face. Or when it's not pointed like the hood itself.

Now give her back her slender features and long black hair and I'm good. Well, once they break up her and Gar...lol

Also, everyone in the comics can please stop calling her Rae

What's wrong with the name Rae? It's actually a pretty clever nickname as it can be short for both Raven and her secret identity Rachel Roth.

Also, plot twist...
    spoilers:
    There's two Ravens. Her evil side is Doctor Hate, so that forehead gem is just a useless trinket now. Though if Raven is pure good now, shouldn't she be White Raven?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Also, plot twist...
    spoilers:
    There's two Ravens. Her evil side is Doctor Hate, so that forehead gem is just a useless trinket now. Though if Raven is pure good now, shouldn't she be White Raven?
    end of spoilers

In Teen Titans Go Raven’s demon resides in her gem and when it’s gone she is split between her human half and demon.

In the comics it was called her Soul Self and it couldn’t detach from her long without combusting.

Last edited by jmc247; 01-28-2024 at 05:08 AM.

Preview for Beast World #6

Seems to be playing up her demon existence vs that of her human existence. Raven is of course a three world citizen.

The writer that really played up her existence as an Azarathian was of course Wolfman. Some ideas from that era don’t play well today like the pacifism or being romantically/sexually immature being raised by monks and having only her father and mother as not so healthy guides in those areas.

Many writers of course played up her human existence with the Titans and sometimes in high school or higher ed. Only a small handful played up the idea of her as a citizen of Trigon’s universe most notably Lobdell.

I like how the hair doesn't look red there.