Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

The new character pretending to be Hercules.
    Do tell please
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It feels like a modern take on Avengers 17, but with less interesting characters. Instead of a "kooky quartet" it's a "pathetic pentad"
    Me, I can't believe Stan replaced proper Avengers with C-list villains Green Arrow and Flash rip-offs.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I’m really excited about this B-team. We’re finally getting a team that’s different from the MCU formula.
    Steve usually bores me, but I love Herc and Pietro and it’s great seeing Hazmat getting some spotlight.

Any Avenger team that breaks away from the all A-list cast is immediately going to catch my interest. Marvel needs more B-list team books to get other characters in the spotlight. The Avengers use to be that back in the day. It's great seeing a b-lister like Kate and a more rare character like Hazmat get put on a major team. The only way lesser characters are going to get exposure is if they get used. I don't know how long they'll be a team but I'm going to enjoy it.

I'd just be happy to see Mackay write a team of characters without solo's. Maybe he can actually have a good team dynamic!?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Attachment 137818

Avengers Tie-In for the Blood Hunt.

Your thought of this additional line-Up along Captain America?
    The only one that really doesn't do anything for me is Kate Bishop. Cap is always great leading these kinds of teams, Herc is back in his old look and I hope most of his GotG nonsenes is gone for good (I like Ewing, and I like the GotG, but Herc's part in that was really, IMHO, BAD). However, Herc had a lot of good develpment under Pak and Abnett in recent years. I hope that is not all thrown away. Pietro always depends on who is writing him. He can be awsome and he can be awful. Let's see. And I like Hazmat. A lot of potential to be developed there, IMHO. Perhaps the team could use a flyer.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Hazmat! Glad they are using her again. Has she ever been an official avenger? Ironic the lego avengers game did use her.

Didn't that game come out when Avengers Academy was current?

Anyway, she's never been on a proper Avengers team, though this is her third book with Avengers in the title, since she was also in Avengers Arena. After that book ended she vanished for a while, until she came back in Captain Marvel. The last issue of that had Carol at a party with a bunch of other Avengers, and she suggested Hazmat was ready for the big time. I guess this is the result.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    The only one that really doesn't do anything for me is Kate Bishop. Cap is always great leading these kinds of teams, Herc is back in his old look and I hope most of his GotG nonsenes is gone for good (I like Ewing, and I like the GotG, but Herc's part in that was really, IMHO, BAD). However, Herc had a lot of good develpment under Pak and Abnett in recent years. I hope that is not all thrown away. Pietro always depends on who is writing him. He can be awsome and he can be awful. Let's see. And I like Hazmat. A lot of potential to be developed there, IMHO. Perhaps the team could use a flyer.

Peace
    For me, Ewing's characterization of Hercules is just following Abnett's "deconstruction" of the character, which I didn't like. He is now a very nice, respectful, sober, politically correct Space Jesus.
    Characters used to be allowed to not be morally perfect, especially in the early years, but it seems the only character "flaw" tolerated nowadays is to be a freaking murderer.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

I really didn't like his costume or the long hair.

Amazing Member

Most of Ewing's Guardians, which is the only place I read his Hercules, left me fairly unimpressed. I just came away thinking the man desperately wishes he had an Annihilation - Thanos Imperative cosmic run under his belt. You aren't wrong about flaws. If the writer gives characters any real flaws they get harassed and attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    I know, right?! Chris Powell: Darkhawk gets my nomination for that much-needed flyer. Not too old/not too young, he'll provide the middle-ground this team lacks...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I’m really excited about this B-team. We’re finally getting a team that’s different from the MCU formula.
    Steve usually bores me, but I love Herc and Pietro and it’s great seeing Hazmat getting some spotlight.
    My least favorite Avengers have always been Cap, Iron Man and Thor. When I was mainly collecting DC comics as a kid, I wouldn't even touch an Avengers comic book because these guys seemed to be the team. When DC was going downhill in the mid 70s, I finally waded into Marvel -- and the Avengers Marvel Treasury Editions (#17) hooked me. None of the stories focuses on the boring trio. Instead it featured Black Panther, Vision, Goliath,Wasp, Yellowjacket, Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch, and even Valkyrie. Yeah, the team needs one or two anchors, but it needs characters who the writers are free to develop more.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Water Spire View Post
    Most of Ewing's Guardians, which is the only place I read his Hercules, left me fairly unimpressed. I just came away thinking the man desperately wishes he had an Annihilation - Thanos Imperative cosmic run under his belt. You aren't wrong about flaws. If the writer gives characters any real flaws they get harassed and attacked.
    I have yet to read something by Ewing that impresses me -- that definitely includes his Guardians run. There were moments I liked, but not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Characters used to be allowed to not be morally perfect, especially in the early years, but it seems the only character "flaw" tolerated nowadays is to be a freaking murderer.
    I don't know what books you're reading but this is far from the case. Especially if you go outside the Big 2.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Me, I can't believe Stan replaced proper Avengers with C-list villains Green Arrow and Flash rip-offs.
    Didn’t he bring back Giant Man and the Wasp before too long?