Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Really don't like the art, but I kind of liked the update of Herc's costume. I'm willing to see more of it. Also liked to see that he continues to make use of his mystic weapons arsenal. Kate Bishop, on the other hand ( I refuse to call her Hawkeye) continues to bore me.

Peace
    Definitely better than Herc's Guardians costume.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like that he's looking huge here instead of being realistically proportioned.

I like the costume. Yeah, though open to the GotG costume, I'm glad to see Hercules sporting something more in line with classical looks.

As for the story itself, it looks good, but I'm still waiting to be sold on it. Sometimes I like random groups of characters who use the term Avengers, and other times it falls flat. (Let's just say Captain America, Mr. Fantastic, The Invisible Woman, and the Forgotten One weren't exactly a sterling example of Earth's Mightiest Heroes for me). Part of me wishes there was a 5th member here. Still, the story looks promising.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

That team you mentioned only lasted a few issues didn't it? And then Reed and Sue went back to the FF and Avengers got a new lineup.

As for the current reserve team, it does have five members. The preview only showed three, we're still missing Quicksilver (who you can see in the background on the last panel of Kate's page) and Hazmat.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That team you mentioned only lasted a few issues didn't it? And then Reed and Sue went back to the FF and Avengers got a new lineup.

As for the current reserve team, it does have five members. The preview only showed three, we're still missing Quicksilver (who you can see in the background on the last panel of Kate's page) and Hazmat.
    Hmmm, apologies. Maybe there will be something to this then. The beauty of the Avengers is somehow getting all of these random characters and turning them into Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    As for the story itself, it looks good, but I'm still waiting to be sold on it. Sometimes I like random groups of characters who use the term Avengers, and other times it falls flat. (Let's just say Captain America, Mr. Fantastic, The Invisible Woman, and the Forgotten One weren't exactly a sterling example of Earth's Mightiest Heroes for me).
    That team you mentioned only lasted a few issues, didn't it? And then Reed and Sue went back to the FF and Avengers got a new lineup.
    I know, right?! You also forgot to mention the fifth member of Simonson's team, THOR
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Kate Bishop, on the other hand ( I refuse to call her Hawkeye) continues to bore me. Peace
    If there is one character that represents everything wrong with Marvel's legacy characters it's Kate Bishop.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Neat that Mackay is writing from everyone's internal perspective though Kate's sounds more like Clint.
    Of course it does, because Kate is bland.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Whats the opinion of Geoff Johns Avengers?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.