Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

The latest issue of Avengers has fully made me onboard with a pairing I didn't know I wanted until right now. spoilers:
    Thor and Scarlet Witch. Every time they stand together they look like a OP power couple and I'm becoming more and more onboard with it. Sorry Vision, but you had your chance to be with the Scarlet Queen and you malfunctioned. Time for Thor to make lightning strike!

Also next issue Jarvis! I can't wait for Jarvis
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    The latest issue of Avengers has fully made me onboard with a pairing I didn't know I wanted until right now. spoilers:
    Thor and Scarlet Witch. Every time they stand together they look like a OP power couple and I'm becoming more and more onboard with it. Sorry Vision, but you had your chance to be with the Scarlet Queen and you malfunctioned. Time for Thor to make lightning strike!

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Probably more likely than doing anything between Wanda and Vision at this point despite claims otherwise. But it probably won't happen because they have their own books and this is too afraid to step on the toes of other characters' solos (even though Thor hasn't had a good romance in ages).
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Probably more likely than doing anything between Wanda and Vision at this point despite claims otherwise. But it probably won't happen because they have their own books and this is too afraid to step on the toes of other characters' solos (even though Thor hasn't had a good romance in ages).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    OMG! Can't wait for the inevitable, family get-together when Odinson brings her home & presents her to Big Daddy Odin (LOL):

end of spoilers
    Last edited by K7P5V; 02-08-2024 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Another solid issue, but it reads too quickly. English is not even my first language and I read it all in under 10 minutes with no rush.
    It doesn’t help that the art is not as… polished. Villa is a decent artist, but I think this story would be really elevated if they got someone who can more easily sell the epic elements like Esad Ribic.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Then why have a roster with five out of seven heroes who have solos? Other than Vision, the only other one who doesn't have one is Captain America - and he DID have one when this Avengers run started, before both Cap books ended and only Steve's relaunched.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

end of spoilers
    I am so onboard with this. Always wanted Wanda with Thor or Cap. Thor is awesome and a good match for her.

Unless it already has a name I shall call this new power couple "Crimson Lightning!" Sounds like a Digimon attack lol.

One other thing about the latest issue of Avengers
    spoilers:
    If Kang wanted 'his' Avengers then he should have gone to his real ones. The Young Avengers. They would have got this done! Missed opportunity right there as Kang's Avengers. It's blunders like this that shows why Kang fails as a villain and is not cool.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    spoilers:
    OMG! Can't wait for the inevitable, family get-together when Odinson brings her home & presents her to Big Daddy Odin (LOL):

end of spoilers
    One of my favorite issues. That whole bit about Wanda's Hex powers confounding Asgardian magic is so awesome. The Scarlet Witch has powers which subvert and work around the power of Asgard. Fantastic.

The latest issue of Avengers was solid. The action was nice and I like how Nightmare is used. Thor and Scarlet Witch confronting Nightmare makes sense. Both of them are used to dealing with magical and demonic entities.

I found the conversation between Kang and Myrridin (sp?) to be the standout part of the story. We see Kang's ego on display here. He can't handle not knowing what is this Missing Moment and he is driven to losing trust with the Avengers. Now, I've said before how McKay's run has been about Avengers taking big stands against big threats and being victorious in the end. This felt like a loss. That makes for good storytelling.

THe only confusing part for me was the fight against the Twilight Court. How did it end? Were they called back? That was unclear to me.

Again, this was a solid issue. The next one appears to be a quieter one. Great to see Jarvis is coming back!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    One of my favorite issues. That whole bit about Wanda's Hex powers confounding Asgardian magic is so awesome. The Scarlet Witch has powers which subvert and work around the power of Asgard. Fantastic.

The latest issue of Avengers was solid. The action was nice and I like how Nightmare is used. Thor and Scarlet Witch confronting Nightmare makes sense. Both of them are used to dealing with magical and demonic entities.

I found the conversation between Kang and Myrridin (sp?) to be the standout part of the story. We see Kang's ego on display here. He can't handle not knowing what is this Missing Moment and he is driven to losing trust with the Avengers. Now, I've said before how McKay's run has been about Avengers taking big stands against big threats and being victorious in the end. This felt like a loss. That makes for good storytelling.

THe only confusing part for me was the fight against the Twilight Court. How did it end? Were they called back? That was unclear to me.

Again, this was a solid issue. The next one appears to be a quieter one. Great to see Jarvis is coming back!
    I enjoyed this issue as well and of course loved the Kang parts of the story. I do wonder what kind of impact the missing moment will have once it's revealed
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Another fun issue, as ever, but as another poster mentioned these issues are such quick reads. I’m contemplating waiting for the trades on this one.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Another fun issue, as ever, but as another poster mentioned these issues are such quick reads. I’m contemplating waiting for the trades on this one.
    Trades are coming out quickly at least.

I already found the trade for volume 1 at my university's book store, way cool find.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

I already found the trade for volume 1 at my university's book store, way cool find.
    Are there trades of this already? If so I want to get a collection for it. I've really enjoyed most of the artwork for this run and would certainly like to have them collected!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

My local library has one too.

Mighty Member

aven2023014_cover_bh.jpg

Avengers Tie-In for the Blood Hunt.

Your thought of this additional line-Up along Captain America?

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    aven2023014_cover_bh.jpg

Avengers Tie-In for the Blood Hunt.

Your thought of this additional line-Up along Captain America?
    Looks like it could be a fun team! Two classic Avengers, two young adults, Jed Mackay finally gets to write Steve .

I wish Kate had a better costume though. Glad Hercules is back to his classic look, I really didn't like his Guardians costume.