Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

As always the action is great in this title. The art is funny. Carol looks really weird in some scenes, especially her face. But other characters like Wanda look great. I know it's mainly because Wanda is a queen but still it was something I found amusing while checking the issue out. The Twilight Court have cool designs. Especially the hammer girl who fought Thor.

I guess I should just make peace with the fact that this is an action-character spotlight book rather than a character-focused team book.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Interesting to note that apparently the hammer Galehaut (big woman who fought Thor) is one of the Serpent's hammers from Fear Itself. Wanda also notes that the Court are using ancient magic that contrasts with their apparently young nature going by the "genesprung" comments.

Guess the Court is a lot younger than they look.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Interesting to note that apparently the hammer Galehaut (big woman who fought Thor) is one of the Serpent's hammers from Fear Itself. Wanda also notes that the Court are using ancient magic that contrasts with their apparently young nature going by the "genesprung" comments.

Guess the Court is a lot younger than they look.
    Nice little shout outs to continuity there. And that seems to be in line with what Myriddin (sp?) can do. He's a fellow time traveler like Kang so he can get all of these particular items. McKay mentions this in an interview here:

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-9-jed-mackay-interview/
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post

Justice for Dennis!!! It is well past time they brought him back and treated him right.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I should just make peace with the fact that this is an action-character spotlight book rather than a character-focused team book.
    The book feels more like Grant Morrison's Justice League Of America then the Avengers, but Morrison's JLA was a great read and convinced me (a Marvel Zombie at the time) that DC comics could be just as fun. So I still enjoy it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Justice for Dennis!!! It is well past time they brought him back and treated him right.
    Give him a bath???

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    The book feels more like Grant Morrison's Justice League Of America then the Avengers, but Morrison's JLA was a great read and convinced me (a Marvel Zombie at the time) that DC comics could be just as fun. So I still enjoy it.
    I don't consider Morrison's JLA as vapid in terms of character development as most do. He coordinated quite well with the developments in the heroes own books, rarely missing a beat and he did give us a couple of gems such as the Flash (Wally's) budding friendship with GL (Kyle) or even J'onn's personal doubts in remaining with the League. Most of his big beats in the book were, in some way, defining character moments for the featured character(such as the "Batgod" becoming a real thing). Eveybody's voice was, IMHO, pitch perfect in the book. I'm not a fan of eveything Morrison does, however, when I do like something he does, I usually like it a lot, and that is the case with JLA.

Peace
    Last edited by Nomads1; 01-22-2024 at 06:56 AM.

Give him a bath???
    He gets a bath and food and costume cleaned at the stories end.

As for jla that book got me back into dc. Yeah, it was an "action movie" with less character moments but really enjoyed it at the time. Plus I will take wally and kyle or dull hal and barry any day of the week. Still have a soft spot for that run.

Still wish marvel would bring back avengers spotlight to give us tales of lesser used members.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-22-2024 at 06:55 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I don't consider Morrison's JLA as vapid in terms of character development as most do. He coordinated quite well with the developments in the heroes own books, rarely missing a beat and he did give us a couple of gems such as the Flash (Wally's) budding friendship with GL (Kyle) or even J'onn's personal doubts in remaining with the League. Most of his big beats in the book were, in some way, defining character moments for the featured character moments (such as the "Batgod" becoming a real thing). Eveybody's voice was, IMHO, pitch perfect in the book. I'm not a fan of eveything Morrison does, however, when I do like something he does, I usually like it a lot, and that is the case with JLA.

Peace
    Poor Morrison tho.

Morrison: I'm bringing back Hawkman.
    DC: You can't
    Morrison: Fine but at least I can use Wonder Woman in this next story. I'm bringing in Circe too.
    DC: Diana's dead, bruv.
    Morrison: *British swears*
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Poor Morrison tho.

Morrison: I'm bringing back Hawkman.
    DC: You can't
    Morrison: Fine but at least I can use Wonder Woman in this next story. I'm bringing in Circe too.
    DC: Diana's dead, bruv.
    Morrison: *British swears*
    Not to mention Electric Blue Superman .

Extraordinary Member

Give him a bath???

Peace
    They at least moved him past that. He was in the Lockhaw limited series and was a guard at Ravencroft during one of the Carnage events.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

BANNED

I don't consider Morrison's JLA as vapid in terms of character development as most do. He coordinated quite well with the developments in the heroes own books, rarely missing a beat and he did give us a couple of gems such as the Flash (Wally's) budding friendship with GL (Kyle) or even J'onn's personal doubts in remaining with the League. Most of his big beats in the book were, in some way, defining character moments for the featured character(such as the "Batgod" becoming a real thing). Eveybody's voice was, IMHO, pitch perfect in the book. I'm not a fan of eveything Morrison does, however, when I do like something he does, I usually like it a lot, and that is the case with JLA.

Peace
    Yeah, I think the group interactions and characterizations in that JLA run were great. The rivalry/friendship between Kyle Rayner and Wally, the comraderie between the veteran members, Aquaman's gruff demeanor mixed with understated humor, and obviously Morrison's always-excellent take on Superman really worked for me. Some of the little idiosyncrasies in the dialogue made the characters feel a bit more real, too. I loved that run just as much for the characters as the big event feel. It was a perfect mix.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He gets a bath and food and costume cleaned at the stories end.

As for jla that book got me back into dc. Yeah, it was an "action movie" with less character moments but really enjoyed it at the time. Plus I will take wally and kyle or dull hal and barry any day of the week. Still have a soft spot for that run.

Still wish marvel would bring back avengers spotlight to give us tales of lesser used members.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Is this why We didn't see Hawkeye nowadays? He has completely vanished and never seen again until his 60th Anniversary but idk after this.