Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    He gets a bath and food and costume cleaned at the stories end.

As for jla that book got me back into dc. Yeah, it was an "action movie" with less character moments but really enjoyed it at the time. Plus I will take wally and kyle or dull hal and barry any day of the week. Still have a soft spot for that run.

Still wish marvel would bring back avengers spotlight to give us tales of lesser used members.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    I would like a broader concept like Marvel Fanfare of Marvel Spotlight that tells stories of characters...of any affiliation...who are not regular or recurring in ongoing books...but if it is an Avengers only title I would still get it. There have been enough over the years that they could tell meaningful stories of the Avengers who don't show up in ongoing books.

The only question is do you split the book like it used to with a Hawkeye story and another character? Or just rotating creative team who focuses on 1 character for 1 or more issues then another character in the next arc?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I wouldn't mind an Avengers Spotlight series that showcases one or more lesser used characters per single issue/arc. My only concern is if they will hire lesser known/talented writers and artists to "cut their teeth" on these stories. You want my $4.00/$5.00 you have to give me something I think is of consistent quality.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yeah. There was a recent Titans mini-series where each issue focused on a character from the current team who doesn't have their own book (i.e. not Cyborg, Flash, or Nightwing). Raven's was bad. Starfire's and Beast Boy's were just OK. Donna Troy's was the best - hardly surprising considering it was written by Steve Orlando. The others weren't by big names.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wouldn't mind an Avengers Spotlight series that showcases one or more lesser used characters per single issue/arc. My only concern is if they will hire lesser known/talented writers and artists to "cut their teeth" on these stories. You want my $4.00/$5.00 you have to give me something I think is of consistent quality.
    Those would be cool...minus the possible price point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would like a broader concept like Marvel Fanfare of Marvel Spotlight that tells stories of characters...of any affiliation...who are not regular or recurring in ongoing books...but if it is an Avengers only title I would still get it. There have been enough over the years that they could tell meaningful stories of the Avengers who don't show up in ongoing books.

The only question is do you split the book like it used to with a Hawkeye story and another character? Or just rotating creative team who focuses on 1 character for 1 or more issues then another character in the next arc?
    As others have mentioned, the problem with this is two-fold. One: Comics are much more expensive nowadays. The rotating cast of characters would certainly translate into uneven sells.
    The second problem is the quality of the product. Mini-series and anthology books traditionally have always been used to test the waters not only with the characters, but also with the creative teams. Once, you had people with really good potential handling these books (of the top of my head, I remember guys like Mike Mignola, Jeff Matsuda, Rob Liefeld - who I personally don't like, but can't deny the impact he had in the industry - Ed Benes, Ethan Van Scriver, and many others getting their start in books like this. And for an anthology book, Solo Avengers/Avengers Spotlight had quite a lot of great artists working in it, such as Paul Ryan, Bob Layton, Jackson Guice, Steve Lightle, Kieron Dwyer, Ron Lim, etc...), nowadays, really not so much. I sometimes read mini and anthologies and ask myself, "who pushed this?" I mean, did editorial have a story they wanted out, and did they chose a creative team to do it, did the writers propose it to the editors, or what? In the past, many times you saw stories hinted in other books and concluded in minis or anthologies, or the other way around. Nowadays, with the much less tight in-universe continuity, what's the point? While I have enjoyed the format, I really doubt it's chances os success in today's market.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Kang's back!

I really wish Stuart Immonen was the one doing the interiors, and not just the covers. And, I'm sorry (and I'm not sure if I haven't said this before, for it's something that bugs me every time I see a preview of the book), but Sam is not the Captain America who is an Icon.

Peace

I almost forgot Kang was in the book. Not because he didn't have a presence, but because I can't remember seeing him outside his armor and blue face for this long in a Avengers comic series. Nathaniel almost feels naked without it and unrecognizable lol.

Preview looks good and should be another action packed issue.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

A friend asked me if Hawkeye was dead or not because he said that he didn't show up anywhere during the X-Men's Krakoa era. Consider how Hawkeye has been irrelevant these days. He said he couldn't find any issues run with him instead. But when he heard that "Black Widow & Hawkeye" is getting a series, he message me where was he the whole time. Why no writers want to use archer nowadays in any runs? A running joke he make that bow and archer is behind the trend.

He was last used in the Thunderbolts series with Luke Cage and Monica Rambeau. In the Black Widow and Hawkeye series he'll actually still have his Thunderbolts costume (likewise, Widow has her current symbiote costume from Venom). Avengers Inc just handwaved that Thunderbolts team away - when Jan summoned a team, Luke said if anyone asks it's a Thunderbolts operation - the last - but "Avengers Assemble, baby". It's set before Gang War, where Luke fights himself having apparently disbanded his team.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-02-2024 at 05:14 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

^^^Indeed. Here's proof...

"Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

It's nice to see Vision being used again and not just as a dad.

He's on the main Avengers team as well of course. I assume the reason he mainly appeared in Champions for a few years was because there was no secondary Avengers team during Aaron's run, so if Aaron didn't want to use him there was nowhere for him to go. He was meant to get another solo at one point but it got cancelled - based on the preview art I think it conflicted with Champions and/or Avengers No Road Home.