Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He's on the main Avengers team as well of course. I assume the reason he mainly appeared in Champions for a few years was because there was no secondary Avengers team during Aaron's run, so if Aaron didn't want to use him there was nowhere for him to go. He was meant to get another solo at one point but it got cancelled - based on the preview art I think it conflicted with Champions and/or Avengers No Road Home.
    It's not like Marvel cares about continuity anymore.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It's not like Marvel cares about continuity anymore.
    But yet restricted Hawkeye on the Thunderbolt NYC team even though no writers even acknowledge that again. How it going to work?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Anyone’s thoughts on Avengers: Twilight?

Really enjoying it so far.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    But yet restricted Hawkeye on the Thunderbolt NYC team even though no writers even acknowledge that again. How it going to work?
    It is all about what the writers want to write and the editors approve....not what makes sense to us as fans.
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It is all about what the writers want to write and the editors approve....not what makes sense to us as fans.
    It feels more and more like the editors come up with a story and then find a writer to do it.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    It feels more and more like the editors come up with a story and then find a writer to do it.
    Even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post

It's challenging to me, in a good way. I've read reviews stating that it's Captain America's "Dark Knight Returns" and I can see the parallels. It's always a pleasure to look at Acuna's work.

What challenges me though is it's relevance. There are a of beats in the story that are relevant to today. For a dystopian future story about the manipulation of truth, yeah, it hits very close to home. However, it's again challenging because I don't know if it's commenting on the conservative or liberal elements in the country. Maybe that's why it's compelling, either side could say that it's reflective of the what's going on in the world right now.

I'll collect the issues and hopefully after a cumulative read through, I'll get a better idea of what the story is all about. But for now, yeah, I like it.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Like what happened to Spider-Man run since it's all a complete trainwreck. No MJ and Peter together married.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I wouldn't mind an Avengers Spotlight series that showcases one or more lesser used characters per single issue/arc. My only concern is if they will hire lesser known/talented writers and artists to "cut their teeth" on these stories. You want my $4.00/$5.00 you have to give me something I think is of consistent quality.
    That would be awesome. It would probably be cancelled in less than year though.

Nah, I called that reveal in 2 a mile away and rolled my eyes. Kinda done with dystopias, felt like Chip wanted to a Blade Runner but Avengers story, Skipping all of it now and I hate Marvel has suddenly forgot to promote the actual Avengers book for this and Blood Hunt.

Honestly? Avengers: Twilight has the same problem for me that something like the Judgement day event had. And this is just a personal issue for me not against the event itself.

Both ideas were good and interesting. But because Marvel is so bloated with characters and lore only the popular/currently pushed characters will participate in the event. I would love to have seen characters like Ant-Man, Songbird, Atlas, Kate Bishop or any YA member really be judged by a space god and see if they pass. They don't get it but Captain Marvel's cat gets judged because it's in a movie?

This twilight even is the same thing. I'd love to see a far future for the Avengers but I know only selective characters are going to be featured just like Judgement day and it's the same ones it always is and it makes the universe feel far smaller and less crowded then it actually is.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 02-06-2024 at 02:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Not reading it. I want them to do more Avengers books with different teams in the main timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    Honestly? Avengers: Twilight has the same problem for me that something like the Judgement day event had. And this is just a personal issue for me not against the event itself.

Both ideas were good and interesting. But because Marvel is so bloated with characters and lore only the popular/currently pushed characters will participate in the event. I would love to have seen characters like Ant-Man, Songbird, Atlas, Kate Bishop or any YA member really be judged by a space god and see if they pass. They don't get it but Captain Marvel's cat gets judged because it's in a movie?

This twilight even is the same thing. I'd love to see a far future for the Avengers but I know only selective characters are going to be featured just like Judgement day and it's the same ones it always is and it makes the universe feel far smaller and less crowded then it actually is.
    I think they might have screwed up the timeline for Twilight actually. It's set in roughly 2050 (Kamala Khan would be about 45 years old, and has two young kids), but Luke Cage seems to have been aged up too much - he's decrepit. He's only meant to be maybe about 40 in the present day, which makes him in his mid 60s in 2050. He looks more like he's in his 80s. Same for Matt Murdock. Steve Rogers actually seems to be too young - he looks like he's in his 60s but if his powers are gone (he had to be re-dosed with a recreated serum) he should've ended up just like he was either side of Secret Wars, when Sam first became Cap.

It makes sense that Kamala's the one young hero it uses. It's mentioned that a lot of heroes have been killed, but one of Ms. Marvel's powers is healing factor. I'd bet most of the other New Warriors, Champions, and Young Avengers are deceased, killed in action in the H-Day disaster. If Nadia was alive for example she'd surely have been mentioned already - given that the new Iron Man is her adoptive brother (Janet's his Mom).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Its fine but its a pretty typical dystopian future setting.

Though Cap focused and rather boring that most heroes are forcibly retired instead of doing more varied in what they are doing.

Also gotta note how funny how the Thunderbolts are introduced and they are..... just 2 regular women soldiers. Like one of them is called Bullseye and she's a sniper but otherwise her only visual trait is she likes to chew bubblegum while shooting. There's another woman but her name is unclear and the only detail I got is she got punched by Steve.

Kinda underwhelming.

spoilers:
    Kang is back! And it seems like this is all building up to the Tribulation Events that he and Myrddin are building up their own respective hero team to unlock for them as part of their personal rivalries. You know, typical shady plots.

Though now Kang is at a disadvantage because he's lost all his knowledge of said Events and has ticked him off enough that he's now back to being an enemy of The Avengers instead of working with them. Definitely no more hand-holding on his part.

There's the denoument with Nightmare and that the Avengers see through him, though also teasing the world-shattering event that the team will be part of...that seems like has to be the climax of every Avengers run nowadays (except Waid's, I guess?).
    end of spoilers