Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Higher faster further captain marvel appreciation 2024

Happy New Year Carol Corps.

Happy New Year to Carol and the Carol Corps. !

This partnership is really coming together!

Now I wonder if we'll find out where Yuna gets her tech from.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Now that Carol got into a similar problem... how did Rick Jones and the original Captain Marvel solved their little negaband problem?

Negative Zone portal at the Baxter Building, in Avengers #89.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Richa...es_(Earth-616)
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This partnership is really coming together!

Gotta admit. I'm not hating the heist chemistry.
    What I don't like is that when Carol and Yuna are shown face to face in profile...they have the SAME face. Cmon artist!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Yes, but it was a brief time, they got bonded again by the end of the Kree-Skrull war. I mean the permanent solution, at some point after it.

Carol was a question on the new UK version of Jeopardy! today. The category was called Oh Captain, My Captain, and said Carol Danvers took the title of which superhero in 2012, the answer of course being "Who is Captain Marvel".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Now that Carol got into a similar problem... how did Rick Jones and the original Captain Marvel solved their little negaband problem?
    The Super-Adaptoid was fighting the Avengers and Mar-Vell. Adaptoid formed his own nega-bands, but became overwhelmed when he gained Mar's cosmic awareness. Cap forced Adaptoids wrists together -- and viola, Adaptoid was switched out with Rick in the Negative Zone. Finally Rick and Cap were both free of each other.

Astonishing Member

I still don't like Carols' new looks -- mostly because of the jacket, but the art on this series id solid -- as it was on her previous series.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Given that Tinkerer is portrayed as an elder, I'm surprised no one has introduced a next generation legacy Tinkerer of sorts. Or perhaps they have?
    Yuna's statement that her guy might actually be a wizard points in other directions...maybe she literally meant THE WIZARD and he's got a new side hustle selling tech since his criminal activities haven't been a rousing success. Could be a good reinvention of that old character.

I got a chuckle from this particular identity baffler tape that Yuna displayed because it reminded me of the similar tech that was used by the Agents in GRAYSON:AGENT OF SPYRAL over at DC (Dick Grayson works for a spy agency) - which led to one of the funniest bits with Dick being recognized by something other than his face...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Given that Tinkerer is portrayed as an elder, I'm surprised no one has introduced a next generation legacy Tinkerer of sorts. Or perhaps they have?
    Yuna's statement that her guy might actually be a wizard points in other directions...maybe she literally meant THE WIZARD and he's got a new side hustle selling tech since his criminal activities haven't been a rousing success. Could be a good reinvention of that old character.

I got a chuckle from this particular identity baffler tape that Yuna displayed because it reminded me of the similar tech that was used by the Agents in GRAYSON:AGENT OF SPYRAL over at DC (Dick Grayson works for a spy agency) - which led to one of the funniest bits with Dick being recognized by something other than his face...
    There's Ceres who is basically younger (and hotter) Tinkerer.

There's Ceres who is basically younger (and hotter) Tinkerer.
    Nah, most probably a new non-binary character.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin