Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Being a teamup film should not be a problem. The first Avengers film was a teamup film between Iron Man and characters from films that barely got more earning than their cost. And yet, it was one of the highest successes of cinematic history, dwarfing even Iron Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    But here you are assuming for sure tan all the people who saw the movie also would had sen the series and most of moviegoers don't see all the Marvel series. A movie have to explain by itself, even if it is part of a trilogy or a bigger story. If you are telling than you need to have seen two series or to be subscribed to Disney+ to understand a movie, a lot of people are going to let it pass.
    That has explicitly NOT been the case with the MCU. It thrived because there was as sense that the audience had to see everything to know the story in progress. Post-Engame that is falling by the wayside a bit, partially because of superhero fatigue, partially because of over saturation/quality control...
    That being said, what in THE MARVELS was so hard to follow if you had just met the characters there?
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

A look at Yıldıray Çınar's design for variant Carol Captain Marvel (and others) from the "Weapon X-Men" q featured in UNCANNY AVENGERS, previously seen as green/white. I wonder if the suits colors shift when in use of if Carol switches suits as part of the plot...

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-02-2024 at 05:13 PM.

Wrong way around.... it was an Uncanny Avengers team in Weapon X-Men, lol.

And she died, so we won't be seeing a red version - Miles is the only one who wasn't brainwashed, he helped evacuate the civilians off world before it got destroyed (makes sense to keep him around, he can be used in any future Spider-Verse storylines). I think they just chose to change the colour scheme after the concept art was drawn.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wrong way around.... it was an Uncanny Avengers team in Weapon X-Men, lol.
    Thanks! I'm not a regular reader... #strikethatreverseit
    Think it would have looked better with Blue/Black leggings. Not sure about the sash. I might just make it more metallic blue than black. I don't care for the gold sash I'm some designs for some reason. Or move the sash up to be a scarf like the OG Ms Marvel suit.

Last edited by Thirteen; 04-03-2024 at 08:16 AM.

That's not a bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Thanks! I'm not a regular reader... #strikethatreverseit
    Think it would have looked better with Blue/Black leggings. Not sure about the sash. I might just make it more metallic blue than black. I don't care for the gold sash I'm some designs for some reason. Or move the sash up to be a scarf like the OG Ms Marvel suit.

There's an alt-U Ultra-girl take that is orange as main color instead of red and replaces the bare legs with orange cloth.

Astonishing Member

A look at Yıldıray Çınar's design for variant Carol Captain Marvel (and others) from the "Weapon X-Men" q featured in UNCANNY AVENGERS, previously seen as green/white. I wonder if the suits colors shift when in use of if Carol switches suits as part of the plot...
    That's a great combination of Carol's first and second outfits, IMHO. So much better than what they came up with 10 years ago for her first CM title. It's probably considered a bit passe being that it's basically a leotard with boots, gloves and a sash. These days, outfits are unnecessarily over designed.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    That's a great combination of Carol's first and second outfits, IMHO. So much better than what they came up with 10 years ago for her first CM title. It's probably considered a bit passe being that it's basically a leotard with boots, gloves and a sash. These days, outfits are unnecessarily over designed.
    I feel like Carol pulls off red better than all blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I generally like the navy blue/black in print but the live action and animated versions of Carol have shone in red! The blue has just come across as flat onscreen.

Avengers actually acknowledged the events of Carol's solo, as she inconveniently gets replaced by Yuna in the middle of the big anti-Orchis operation.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I still love how good this "throwaway" bad future design was.
    https://twitter.com/marhawkman/statu...38726678675456Alt-U.jpg
    Which is Suzy Sherman/Tsu-Zana/Ultragirl wearing a derivative look.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Avengers actually acknowledged the events of Carol's solo, as she inconveniently gets replaced by Yuna in the middle of the big anti-Orchis operation.
    And Yuna gets to appear in an Avengers book!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I really like this design...much more so than what she's wearing now (and agree that costumes now seem to have to be severely over-designed, sometimes simple really is better.)

On another note...I'm very much ready for this current story to be done and seriously wish Ultra Girl would show up for a story with Carol.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It has always looked too Superman family for me. The Mar-Vell family blue was always closer to black than solid blue.