Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No she wasn't - she debuted in Avengers Academy. Which was Hank Pym's thing, not Steve's.
    True, but even though Steve wasn't hands-on with the Academy he would certainly have been paying attention to it and its students. The whole AVENGERS ARENA and AVENGERS UNDERCOVER incidents would also have given Cap extra reason to be aware of Hazmat. And then after that when she was working with Tony Stark (who was helping with her containment suit problems) and then with Carol, he would be aware of her progress and development through them as well.

Uh... no comments on the last issue?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Uh... no comments on the last issue?
    Well, not too surprising Yuna pulled a fast one, but also a way to solidify the partnership between Carol and Yuna.

That's one way to meet your new partners' parents. Yuna seems to have a pretty normal home life outside the fact that 3/5 of the family are criminals or former criminals. I kind of want to know more about the mom and how she could give Black Cat a run for her money (or better yet, bring in the real Black Cat!). Also I love the fakeout of her dad being dead.

I continue to hate the use of Genis in this run. Oh, and now the two Mar-Vell brothers finally reunite. But under the worst circumstances.

Every time people say "Yuna" I think of this one:

Hmmm that could be a fun fight...

Hmm... I wonder if that's where Alyssa got the name from?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I really expected better from both of the creators of this run, but so far it's been about as boring as it can be. It's obvious there was some kind of synergy expected to work alongside the movie with Carol meeting Yuna's family like she did Kamala's in the movie, but unfortunately the movie did it so much more entertainingly. The artwork isn't up to Bazaldua's usual level either.
    I also have to say I am kind of tired of Carol being a galactic guardian and not more Earth based, we didn't even get much Earth based stories even with Kelly's run...but they at least read better.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

If they wanted proper synergy they'd have surely just used Kamala? But she wasn't available because she has her own book in the X-Men line, written by her actress, no less.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I really expected better from both of the creators of this run, but so far it's been about as boring as it can be. It's obvious there was some kind of synergy expected to work alongside the movie with Carol meeting Yuna's family like she did Kamala's in the movie, but unfortunately the movie did it so much more entertainingly. The artwork isn't up to Bazaldua's usual level either.
    I also have to say I am kind of tired of Carol being a galactic guardian and not more Earth based, we didn't even get much Earth based stories even with Kelly's run...but they at least read better.
    Is she even still the Boss of Space (if she ever really was)...

No, that title came with her job as the boss of the Alpha Flight Space Program - so the Boss of Space now is probably Abigail Brand, who replaced her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Yeah, getting Carol back on Earth more with a supporting case would help. I liked that series where they brought back her mom -- despite not being very please that they made her Kree, but at least Carol was on Earth.

Really it seems like there is no an stable supporting cast for Carol. It changes from writer to writer and most of the time consist of other superpeople.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I feel like we've lost Carol ever since she became Captain Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Yeah, I feel like we've lost Carol ever since she became Captain Marvel.
    Lost her how?

Really it seems like there is no an stable supporting cast for Carol. It changes from writer to writer and most of the time consist of other superpeople.
    In Thompson's run her supporting cast was basically her own Superhero team. Kit only appeared once!

You speak the truth. She needs to get a life. Get an actual supporting cast that isn't made up of superheroes. Maybe try for a career in writing again.? With everything she has seen she would be a great sci-fi author. Maybe she can be a pilot? Is it possible her identity can be made secret again?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest