Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    Madame web budget is just 75 million not counting how much money they got from Pepsi meanwhile Marvels somehow cost 270 million. Where did the money go? Nobody knows
    From that same article

One would think a sequel to a $1.1 billion-grossing female superhero movie would be logical, and asked for. However, The Marvels‘ predecessor, Captain Marvel, benefited at the box office from being a bridge between the Avengers finales Infinity War and Endgame.
    Hey, that sounds familiar!
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Incredible Member Geraldofrivia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    From that same article

Hey, that sounds familiar!
    but there is also the fact the sequel is a silly and wacky team up with disney plus characters in a story that seem unconnected from the saga. They could have done secret invasion or something interesting with Carol than this

Quote Originally Posted by Geraldofrivia View Post
    but there is also the fact the sequel is a silly and wacky team up with disney plus characters in a story that seem unconnected from the saga. They could have done secret invasion or something interesting with Carol than this
    Secret Invasion should have been her sequel film. No idea why they didn't go that route. Should have been Carol and Fury, and maybe some other legacy characters if they're worried Carol can't sustain a film by herself, rather than two Disney+ characters nobody knows of.

Honestly I don't think the first movie was so successful because of Infinity War, the drop each weeks for the box office and the rate in internet were good, so general audience seem to like her and this movie, but I agree with Giraldofrivia, they have put a minimal effort for the movie itself for the Marvels, I mean like you have said in the other thread, they have presented zero powerful menace but instead a funny movie with girls who switch places and funny kittens, if we compare that to the others movies recent Marvel movies, it's very weak.

I can't remember where I have read this, probably from a leaker, but originally they wanted to make Secret invasion for Captain Marvel 2, but they have changed their plan in last minutes, since day ones Feige seem not very comfortable with Carol or Captain Marvel mythos in general, he have said himself that he don't have lot of knowledges about her, he have presented her like the strongest hero, but change later and say it's Wanda the strongest, I think he have introduced her more because of Mar-vell/Thanos connection but in the same time avoid to give her a full place in Endgame.

I think the Marvels is a fun movie, but that would have worked better for a Disney plus crossover, first we don't have a Captain Marvel 2, the Marvels is a sequel in the same way that the Avengers is a sequel to Cap America, since Endgame she is not really present except in a fun cameo in Shang Chi, Carol could have been easily been part of Thor Love and Thunder for example.

For me the worst part of this, it's that during the Marvels movie, this sequence could have been a very cool sequel:

Supreme Intelligence vs her would have attracted peoples, a big green head monster with powerful powers and an army of Kree Sentry like in...concept art for the first Captain Marvel:

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=htt...c612chsp21.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EB2kHqqX...jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EB2kHqnX...pg&name=medium

So it seem Marvel Studios is aware of what we can make with Carol, but they just didn't seem to care and prefer to create a buddy movie, they know that Marvels will bomb in box office, they have cut the movie to 1h30, I think they should have sacrificed her life against Thanos if they didn't care, but I guess they want to use her for Rogue.
    Last edited by Bolo; Yesterday at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Villain calls Hulkling a "Marvel" due to his Kree and Skrull genes... I wonder if this arc will end with Carol telling him to use the name - to replace Genis?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Dorrek-Vell is his real name yeah, he uses a Skrull first name and Kree surname. Dorrek VIII is his Skrull regnal title. Of course his Earth friends still use his human alias, which is Teddy Kaplan-Altman (he and Billy merged their names when they married). If he takes a Marvel related name, it'd replace his superhero codename Hulkling.
    A change almost a DECADE in the making, finally. And no Noh-Varr /Marvel Boy in sight to get in the way this time around.
    The Hulkling name lasted waaaaaay too long.
    Even his sword had a more appropriate name for the character! I head cannoned him as MARVEL BOI for a bit. I wonder if they would do a shift to MARVEL colors as well or do something to combine the Kree/Skull colors
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.