Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The only way I ever see Carol going back to the Cockrum style is if they modify it. At the very least they'd probably add pants. The thunderbolt emblem could be an issue too as it's now associated with Kamala.
    There is nothing wrong with suit.

It doesn't need to be modified.

It doesn't need pants.

What it does need is for certain people to control their puritanical instincts. Wonder Woman shows more skin and she is a feminist icon. We went through this with Spider-Woman's costume until sanity returned along with the suit.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Because the character for whom being militar was just a step in a life project was replaced by a character to whom being a militar was a life objetive.

Like make her mom a kree and call her Kal-El, sorry , Car-Ell. Subtle, really subtle. Car-Oll could had worked fine too, you know?
    I hate that version. the previous idea of her being a human whose DNA got rewritten was better IMO.

Astonishing Member

Alex Ross had a good idea. classic and slylish too. Hell, even in the later movies they had inclined to a more red central colored suit:

Attachment 138069
    Yeah, all of those are better than what she's been wearing in comic books since becoming CM. The Alex Ross one, in particular, would have been a nice step from Ms. M. to Captain M. Not sure about that golden sash though, maybe red or even white would have been better. The emblem looks so much better without those faux military stripes. Again, it was a case of Marvel pushing Carol too far in a new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    There is nothing wrong with suit.

It doesn't need to be modified.

It doesn't need pants.

What it does need is for certain people to control their puritanical instincts. Wonder Woman shows more skin and she is a feminist icon. We went through this with Spider-Woman's costume until sanity returned along with the suit.
    I'm fine with outfits showing skin. It's just that her old looks look corny and dated. It's like when male superheroes have underwear on the outside of their spandex. It's dorky by modern standards.

Like Emma Frost's cape, corset and panties look from the '80's looks dumb now. Meanwhile, her modern costumes and Hellfire Gala outfits were so freaking good. And many of them showed off more skin.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'm fine with outfits showing skin. It's just that her old looks look corny and dated. It's like when male superheroes have underwear on the outside of their spandex. It's dorky by modern standards.

Like Emma Frost's cape, corset and panties look from the '80's looks dumb now. Meanwhile, her modern costumes and Hellfire Gala outfits were so freaking good. And many of them showed off more skin.
    That is your opinion and you're free to feel that way.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

The corset outfit only ever made sense in the context of the Hellfire Club's private meetings. It shouldn't have ever been her "main" outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    The corset outfit only ever made sense in the context of the Hellfire Club's private meetings. It shouldn't have ever been her "main" outfit.
    Yeah, it were the X-Men the ones who always were crashing in their private meetings. Not Emma's fault always being seeing with those clothes.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Sometimes I think that the resistance to returning to the black suit is because it predates the Deconnick run and bringing it back somehow invalidates everything she did.

Yet Batman and Superman still wear trunks and they still trot out the White Queen outfit every now and then...

Sometimes I think that the resistance to returning to the black suit is because it predates the Deconnick run and bringing it back somehow invalidates everything she did.
    No, it is because it would enrage the objetive public than suppously was addressed the NuCarol. I just wonder if they are still around or it just was something than came and left with DeConnick.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

No, it is because it would enrage the objetive public than suppously was addressed the NuCarol. I just wonder if they are still around or it just was something than came and left with DeConnick.

Was that version ever popular? In the past when you asked that like clockwork someone would appear saying "Billion Dollar Movie!" but that was released at a time when the MCU could do no wrong. Now "The Marvels" has killed that narrative.

Was that version ever popular?
    I suppose it was popular in certain sectors. I just wonder if those fans stayed or moved away.

In the past when you asked that like clockwork someone would appear saying "Billion Dollar Movie!" but that was released at a time when the MCU could do no wrong.
    It was the right moment and the cliffhanger they put. That was a clever move, I concede that. but it killed any trust in future cliffhangers. Carol didn't was that pivotal for the conclusion of Endgame.

Now "The Marvels" has killed that narrative.
    Dunno, I think it is something of the moment too. But indeed seems like MCU Carol have little captive audiences.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 03-04-2024 at 08:07 AM.

Well, also, the way she's written Carol feels more like a villain than Darr-Benn did.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Well, also, the way she's written Carol feels more like a villain than Darr-Benn did.
    Maybe a more close connection to Dar-Benn would had been included. Like Dar-Benn being the fan of Vers on Hala and deeply dissapointed because of the betrayal to the kree by her idol. Make her in some way, the opposite to Kamala.
    Just a sugestion.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 03-04-2024 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yet Batman and Superman still wear trunks and they still trot out the White Queen outfit every now and then...
    And tbh I hate all those looks. Though with Batman, it's probably iconic enough to get away with, same with Superman. I still hate it though. I'm glad a lot of adaptations forgo that.

Tbh I would have really liked to see something like her last look before the Wong redesign, but with thigh-high boots and a sleeveless/short-sleeved look. Maybe the lines are simplified a bit. It wouldn't be as stuffy, and it could show off her arms/muscle, and I feel like it adds a more feminine charm while still giving her this rough-and-tumble feel. Maybe the belt becomes a scarf again, I don't know. Gotta sit on that one for a bit.
    Last edited by Rift; 03-05-2024 at 05:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.