Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Theresa Cassidy: Siryn Appreciation 2024

Happy new year to all of Siryn's fans!

Terry Cassidy is listed as being 5 foot 7 inches tall and weighs 130 pounds

Siryn debuted in Spider-Woman #37 (December 1980). She spent her first appearance fighting against Spider-Woman and the X-Men.

Siryn's powers include flight, sonic scream, sonic blast, sonar, and the ability to use her vocal cords to hypnotize other people.

When Terry was possessed by the Morrigan she had that beings powers also. In my opinion it is a good thing that Terry is rid of that Morrigan possession. It was lame.

Terry Cassidy has been a member of teams such as The Fallen Angels, X-Force, and X-Factor Investigations.

Her relatives include her father Sean Cassidy, aka Banshee whose mutant powers she inherited. Black Tom Cassidy is her cousin.

Have fun with this thread, Siryn fans.

Happy New Year to Siryn and her fans !

I'm glad she gets to be with her dad again.

Incredible Member

Where are the Cassidy’s now???

Ultimate Member

Sadly who knows until they're needed for something.

I get the feeling that we won't know where the Cassidy's are until after Fall of X and then the relaunch later this year.

If history is an indication than Siryn will probably pop up in X-Factor if she is used later down the line. X-Force has become a book about killers and I don't see her fitting in there. But, you never know, she could end up with something new also.

Incredible Member

what is syrin must read list?

Crud, I don't have a must read list of specific issue numbers
    Just for a general idea I really liked her time in PAD's X-Factor Investigations comic.

I don't know if I would call it essential reading, but Siryn's appearances in Deadpool's miniseries and occasional appearances in Wade's monthly book were fun reading. They aren't really essential though as those stories have kind of fallen by the wayside and aren't referenced to these days.

Some readers would probably suggest her first appearances in the old Spider-Woman comic in 1980, as well as the first Fallen Angels miniseries.

Hope that helps at least a little. Hopefully another forum member will stop by with actual issue numbers.

Wow, I never knew she debuted as a Spider-Woman foe. Cool parallel to Rogue's debut.
    I've been wondering which book could be a good fit for Syrin. A revival of X-factor is probably the most likely, but I'm not too confident it's a book Brevoort will prioritize. She could also be an interesting addition to Excalibur, but I'm also not expecting them back soon. Sadly

Ultimate Member

I would say that her days in X-Force back in the 90s were good for her, never liked her PAD X-Factor days, which were all built FAR to much around Madrox.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I would say that her days in X-Force back in the 90s were good for her, never liked her PAD X-Factor days, which were all built FAR to much around Madrox.
    I love that run (or most of it, it’s actually the reason for my username), but Syrin suffered a lot as a character due to the romance with Jamie. The baby stuff wasn’t great.

Happy New Year to Siryn and all her fans! Here's hoping she gets a better showing in 2024!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I love that run (or most of it, it’s actually the reason for my username), but Syrin suffered a lot as a character due to the romance with Jamie. The baby stuff wasn’t great.
    I mostly liked X-Factor for Terry. About the only part that I really couldn't stand was the Morrigan stuff, but that has it's fans.

The baby thing with Jamie was sad, seeing as Terry had feelings for him going back to that old Fallen Angels miniseries. Ironically, the Madrox that Siryn fell for in that comic was also just one of Jamie's duplicates. But it was still enjoyable to read and watch Terry try and grow from it. Made me come to like her even more.

The friendship that she began to form with Monet was also enjoyable, to me at least.

Aslo didn't know she started off as a Spider Woman villain. Now I kinda want to see them meet up.

Was there something going with her and Polaris and the Morrigan? I think I remember them referencing something in one of Theresa's last appearances.

I liked her friendship with Monet in their X-Factor run.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by wlfking View Post
    Aslo didn't know she started off as a Spider Woman villain. Now I kinda want to see them meet up.

Was there something going with her and Polaris and the Morrigan? I think I remember them referencing something in one of Theresa's last appearances.

I liked her friendship with Monet in their X-Factor run.
    It's been a while since I read X-Factor Investigations, but I think that Terry becoming Morrigan to save her teammates is what helped to cause Polaris to go a little loopy at the end of that series. Or I could have Terry mixed up with Strong Guy. Or I could have both Terry and Polaris mixed up with Strong Guy and Monet. Who knows? I don't seem to.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure it was Terry becoming Morrigan that had a bad effect on Polaris.

Ultimate Member

I don't think that really anything that happened in X-Factor with Terry has affected her past a brief appearance of the Morrigan, imho Terry needs a new look, book, and a boyfriend that actually loves her like Warpath.