Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If Siryn ends up somewhere new I think that it would be cool if she were to be in Uncanny Avengers.
    It likely won't happen because of the line wide relaunch but I would like to see her there, reunited with Monet.

Ultimate Member

I don't know how good of friends Terry and M are anymore...

Astonishing Member

Siryn was created before 'The New Mutants'. I was disappointed that Claremont didn't user her in that series. Of course, I was pretty disappointed in that book over all. Even more so to find out years later that he pitched it so that a second X-Men series featuring Iceman, Angel, Havok, and Polaris wouldn't get made.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I don't know how good of friends Terry and M are anymore...
    I don't know why they wouldn't be. A lot of old friendships haven't been mentioned in the Krakoa era comics.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Siryn was created before 'The New Mutants'. I was disappointed that Claremont didn't user her in that series. Of course, I was pretty disappointed in that book over all. Even more so to find out years later that he pitched it so that a second X-Men series featuring Iceman, Angel, Havok, and Polaris wouldn't get made.
    My understanding of that situation is that Claremont knew that a second X-Men comic was coming and that he and the editor(Simonson?) started working out the idea for the New Mutants cast and book before the idea of the second team featuring Angel and the others was brought up. This will sound vague, but I'm pretty sure that I read that in an interview recently, I just don't remember where. Or maybe I have it confused with a different X-Men project. But I think that I'm right.

Fantastic Member

I'm glad the last era resolved all the Morrigan stuff, which I felt seriously took her off the board. I agree her peak was X-Force, though of the PAD years I loved her utter denial of grief for her dad (dealing with the ramifications of loss/grief pretty much was her reason to be around PAD X-Factor, the baby being the other).

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Wow, I never knew she debuted as a Spider-Woman foe. Cool parallel to Rogue's debut.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Since Theresa debut so far before the NEW MUTANTS generation as the teenaged daughter of older mutant Sean Cassidy/Banshee, it felt like she was slightly older that the NM generation, and more experienced having been tutored by her villainous uncle Black Tom. When Siryn joined up with the NM generation in Nicieza/Loeb eras of X-FORCE, that was somewhat reinforced with her ending up taking reigns of the team.

A good summation of Siryn's debut issues in SPIDER-WOMAN...

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    I'm glad the last era resolved all the Morrigan stuff, which I felt seriously took her off the board. I agree her peak was X-Force, though of the PAD years I loved her utter denial of grief for her dad (dealing with the ramifications of loss/grief pretty much was her reason to be around PAD X-Factor, the baby being the other).
    I don't think that I agree that dealing with grief was her only reason for being around, but the rest is pretty spot on.

Thank you for communicating this in a way that I would have been unable to.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Happy New Year to Siryn, and her fans!

Hoping a writer out there will utilize Terry at some point in the future. While I wasn't always fond of Williams' writing, I do wish we could have seen Siryn joining X-Factor after she was freed from the Morrigan.

Honestly, I think the Morrigan storyline could have been done in Excalibur, and Terry as a death goddess could have made sense for that team. A missed opportunity IMO, but perhaps that was for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Happy New Year to Siryn, and her fans!

Hoping a writer out there will utilize Terry at some point in the future. While I wasn't always fond of Williams' writing, I do wish we could have seen Siryn joining X-Factor after she was freed from the Morrigan.

Honestly, I think the Morrigan storyline could have been done in Excalibur, and Terry as a death goddess could have made sense for that team. A missed opportunity IMO, but perhaps that was for the best.
    I'm on record as hating the Morrigan merging with Terry in almost every post I make about the character. But Excalibur and Otherworld may have made sense.

Unless I have already said that I would hate that idea for Terry also and have forgotten about it. That's quite possible with me.

But, yes, hopefully a good writer will express some interest in Terry this year.

Ultimate Member

Back in the old X-Force days she wanted to lead but never really got the chance to, and yeah she's a bit older than the other members of the team. I'd still like her paired with Warpath, both romantically and as teammates, with her as one of the leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Back in the old X-Force days she wanted to lead but never really got the chance to, and yeah she's a bit older than the other members of the team. I'd still like her paired with Warpath, both romantically and as teammates, with her as one of the leaders.
    In the latter Loeb/Moore era after Cannonball "graduated", Siryn was the acknowledged leader. When the Morrigan death stuff was published she was referred to as "Former X-Force Leader".
    Last edited by Thirteen; 01-04-2024 at 01:06 PM.

Ultimate Member

Well she never got the chance until years later only after Sam left, just thinking she should lead again, with Warpath as her right hand man.

Extraordinary Member

One of the things that annoyed me was that Siryn and Wolfsbane have not really interacted long term. Banshee is Siryn's dad and Moira (real Moira not this Krakoa crap Moira) was Wolfsbane's "mom" (foster but called her 'mummy'). And Banshee and Moira were a couple. Why did we not see them all together from time to time?
    All I wanted was to be unconditionally loved while never having to work on my flaws. Is that so much to ask?

Ultimate Member

I'd guess because Marvel didn't think that fans would be interested in seeing them together, much of the time they act like Banshee doesn't have kids anyway so they were probably in no big hurry...at least until that relationship got serious.

Deputy leader...Field leader...leader... (although the dialogue here makes her sound younger somehow...)

They did have Theresa adopt the codename Banshee for a time after Sean's death.

Of her costumes, I really liked when she wore something that referenced her legacy but wasn't a female version of what her father wore. I think my top 2 looks were her X-FACTOR suit by Ryan Sook which took the monochromatic green and then added texture to create the Banshee striping effect. And after that one, I really liked her first X-FORCE suit designed by Liefeld, I guess. But I preferred Capullo's brief take on it. Capullo's other suit looked like she was just wearing Rogue's costume without the boots and jacket.