Page 274 of 274 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274
Results 4,096 to 4,108 of 4108
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Tony and Pepper also weren't really that much of a thing in comics if I'm not wrong. My Iron Man knowledge is not great so someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.
    Pepper was actually married to Happy Hogan.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Tony and Pepper also weren't really that much of a thing in comics if I'm not wrong. My Iron Man knowledge is not great so someone can correct me if I'm mistaken.
    The first time I am aware of Tony/Pepper consummating anything beyond flirtation was during the HEROES REBORN era, and even then it was as the alternate universe was coming to a close and it very much felt like Tony was taking advantage of that with a sense of "I never get to do this at home so..." so Tony bangs her out before he heads into a battle that he doesn't expect to return from... Love em and leave the Universe, Tony Stark!
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Scott and Jean's conversation in Phoenix #1. Loved it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by darth_caedus View Post
    scott and jean's conversation in phoenix #1. Loved it.

b e a u tiful!!!

Mighty Member

Massive reach incoming----------

But Jean being the Phoenix (AS WE ALL KNEW SHE WAS POST-ENDSONG, AT LEAST!) further vindicates Utopia!Clops and AvX!Clops' decisions. He trusted in the Phoenix because he knew (or at least suspected) it was Jean helping them.

Idk. Those're my first thoughts reading the panels.

Still don't know why the Marvel office tried to ship off the Phoenix to the Avengers, but at least the X-Books got her back.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Yeah I dont think anything about Phoenix #1 was supposed to have implications about that period. If thats your take, its not a new one. Jean was seen in AvX so we know she helped. X-men Forever confirmed that she created Hope further establishing her involvement in Second Coming/AvX

Hey so, I'm 100% hoping Natsu in Ultimate XM is a cyclops-stand in/person.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I don't really care about Ultimate X-Men, I'm clearly not part of the audience Marvel has had in mind for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Massive reach incoming----------

But Jean being the Phoenix (AS WE ALL KNEW SHE WAS POST-ENDSONG, AT LEAST!) further vindicates Utopia!Clops and AvX!Clops' decisions. He trusted in the Phoenix because he knew (or at least suspected) it was Jean helping them.

Idk. Those're my first thoughts reading the panels.

Still don't know why the Marvel office tried to ship off the Phoenix to the Avengers, but at least the X-Books got her back.
    Also Cable warned him of the future without hope, I'd say he was right up untill the first half of AvX, but the moment he refused to pass the Phoenix force to Hope, it became clear that he was on the path of villainy.

Throwback: When Magneto further mutated Cyclops in X-Men Evolution, he literally became Cable lol

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    Also Cable warned him of the future without hope, I'd say he was right up untill the first half of AvX, but the moment he refused to pass the Phoenix force to Hope, it became clear that he was on the path of villainy.
    I don't think he was capable of passing it on. If Marvel wanted me to think that was a possibility, they should have had one of the other four actually do just that. One would have sufficed.
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; Yesterday at 05:53 AM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I don't think he was capable of passing it on. If Marvel wanted me to think that was a possibility, they should have had one of the other dour actually do just that. One would have sufficed.
    He was corrupted by the powers of Phoenix Force and went against his own argument that Hope should become the host, he even said she doesn't deserve it because she's just a child. He still wanted to good but absolute power corrupts absolutely unfortunately. AvX was a mess but actually gave us some really good Cyke content. There's one moment when he's full on Dark Phoenix and says how much he wanted a world where his children didn't have to be future freedom fighters. He got his wish on Krakoa at least. Few comic book characters have had such a compelling character arc.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; Yesterday at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas View Post
    b e a u tiful!!!
    And there's more to come from the upcoming issues based on Phoenix's bonus page.