Page 42 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Haven't played that one myself. I'm very tempted.

If there's one thing I'm hoping for, it's more video games with Cyke. Good videogames, hopefully.
    I hope that upcoming Insomniac X-Men game will have him playable.

His inclusion would be pretty major since that game is undoubtably going to be big. If Insomniac gets the Wolverine game right, then all hands on deck for X-Men being the next It game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

His inclusion would be pretty major since that game is undoubtably going to be big. If Insomniac gets the Wolverine game right, then all hands on deck for X-Men being the next It game.
    With the Jean/Logan relationship being core to the Wolverine game, I'm guessing Scott will definitely be in the X-Men game.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

That would be nice. I have my own individual worries about his portrayal, but that would be a good opportunity.

All things considered, it's going to be a long wait for that game, if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    With the Jean/Logan relationship being core to the Wolverine game, I'm guessing Scott will definitely be in the X-Men game.
    I'd rather avoid the love triangle if at all possible. Scott being included for drama would be a nightmare scenario for me. If they really want Logan/Jean, just go there. The trope is too tiring for me, at this point.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 04-23-2024 at 03:06 AM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

I'd rather avoid the love triangle if at all possible. Scott being included for drama would be a nightmare scenario for me. If they really want Logan/Jean, just go there. The trope is too tiring for me, at this point.
    They break up by the end of the first game but unfortunately I can't see the love triangle not being a thing in the X-Men game unless Wolverine isn't included there...which is highly unlikely. They'll probably try to milk the drama of having Wolverine back in Jean's life even if she's with Scott.

They break up by the end of the first game but unfortunately I can't see the love triangle not being a thing in the X-Men game unless Wolverine isn't included there...which is highly unlikely. They'll probably try to milk the drama of having Wolverine back in Jean's life even if she's with Scott.
    Considering all of that...my hope has dwindled to a tiny ember.

I wonder what other X-Men games might come out. Maybe a Capcom X-men bundle? Wishful thinking, I know.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

There has been more and more backlash to the love triangle recently, especially rightfully towards how creepy Wolverine's part in it is.

Since the game's not going to be out till like 2030 hopefully they take into account how the public's perception of it is and don't do anything stupid.

There has been more and more backlash to the love triangle recently, especially rightfully towards how creepy Wolverine's part in it is.

Since the game's not going to be out till like 2030 hopefully they take into account how the public's perception of it is and don't do anything stupid.
    I feel like they all deserve better at this point. It feels like the same mistakes are made over and over again.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

I feel like they all deserve better at this point. It feels like the same mistakes are made over and over again.
    I am hoping for the best. While Spider-Man 2 had its issues, I want to believe they aren't stupid enough to botch an X-Men game just to play up Wolverine.

That would just be repeating the 2000s Fox movies all over again. So I'll be optimistic and hope X-Men will focus on its own characters while Wolverine will do fine in his own self-titled series, like making Wolverine 2 after X-Men comes out. Insomniac likes introducing new legacy characters each game, like they did for Miles in 1 and spoilers:
    Cindy Moon/Silk
    end of spoilers for Spidey-2 so I can definitely imagine Wolverine 2 making X-23 playable.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Haven't played that one myself. I'm very tempted.

If there's one thing I'm hoping for, it's more video games with Cyke. Good videogames, hopefully.
    We'll alway have X-Men Legends duology

I really hope not. The whole love triangle is stupid

RCO011.jpg
    RCO012.jpg
    He's literally a walking nuke. In X-Men annual 2023 he also charged Carol Danvers with enough energy to vaporize the entire Scandinavia. I'd like to see a powerful Scott like that in the movies and games

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Because Apocalypse is the evil genocidal ******* with a braindead philosophy who infected his son with a virus and forced Scott to send him to a shitty future to save his life, possessed his body after trying to posses the body of his son from a different universe and used it as a weapon against his friends, leaving him extremely traumatized which ended up ruining his marriage, he's also done many other horrible things to friends of his. There's no way Scott would ever accept a government with Apocalypse in it, no fucking way.

As for Sinister, this one might be even worse, he's a nazi who tortured and experimented on him when he was a child, killed the only family who liked him when they were about to adopt him, made other kids commit suicide in front of him, etc.

Everything from the Krakoa era is so stupid, they could easily kill Apocalypse and if the excuse is that they needed his power to be a stronger nation (because we know that the guy is a moron that without his powers and Celestial tech carrying him wouldn't have accomplished anything) then they could just make clones of him and have a telepath control him like a puppet, they should have done this with all the villains. We know this is possible because Bishop and Cyclops proposed it during a captain meeting.

I agree with what you are saying about Apocalypse and Sinister; my question was simply how someone who feels this way could also believe it was in character that he shacked up with Emma, who attempted to destroy Jean, and was openly hostile to Jean until her death by Xorn, and disrespectful about her after. Morrison's decision has never felt true to me.

However, regarding Karkoa, I think there is evidence to suggest Scott never truly accepted the QC, despite being War Commander. He kept his distance from the QC. First, he and his family lived alone on the Moon, and then he and Jean set the X-Men up in NYC, never on Karkoa proper. He was distrustful of the QC as a whole; on a couple of occasions, he only shared information with Jean and Emma, not the group as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    I agree with what you are saying about Apocalypse and Sinister; my question was simply how someone who feels this way could also believe it was in character that he shacked up with Emma, who attempted to destroy Jean, and was openly hostile to Jean until her death by Xorn, and disrespectful about her after. Morrison's decision has never felt true to me.

However, regarding Karkoa, I think there is evidence to suggest Scott never truly accepted the QC, despite being War Commander. He kept his distance from the QC. First, he and his family lived alone on the Moon, and then he and Jean set the X-Men up in NYC, never on Karkoa proper. He was distrustful of the QC as a whole; on a couple of occasions, he only shared information with Jean and Emma, not the group as a whole.
    Good point. He was also way outnubered and I dont think there's really anything he could have done to prevent them from being on the QC. What did people expect? For him to start another Schism? Thats easy enough to do when you have about 100 or so mutants behind you. Not so easy to get hundreds of thousands to your cause when Krakoa was literally offering resurrection to all the mutants, many of whom were back bc of that. If he tried to start a Civil War, there's a good chance he'd be sent to the pits

I am hoping for the best. While Spider-Man 2 had its issues, I want to believe they aren't stupid enough to botch an X-Men game just to play up Wolverine.

That would just be repeating the 2000s Fox movies all over again. So I'll be optimistic and hope X-Men will focus on its own characters while Wolverine will do fine in his own self-titled series, like making Wolverine 2 after X-Men comes out. Insomniac likes introducing new legacy characters each game, like they did for Miles in 1 and spoilers:
    Cindy Moon/Silk
    end of spoilers for Spidey-2 so I can definitely imagine Wolverine 2 making X-23 playable.
    I doubt it.

Call me pessimistic, but I think they're again going to focus more on Wolverine than any other character, and also pulling many characters down to push Wolverine up.

Wolverine fanboyism is just too strong.

MCU's first proper introduction to X-Men is Wolverine again. He's called "The X-Man" in the new Deadpool and Wolverine trailer. They're doing the same crap as Fox movies where his in-universe importance is the same as his real world popularity.

I hope than Scott is neither in the new game or the movie. I don't trust any type of Wolverine title to give Scott his due respect. Better just not have him show up or mentioned at all.

If leaks are true, then MCU is bringing a really really stupid concept of spoilers:
    one character being super important to a universe without whom that universe cannot keep existing. You bet your ass Wolverine would be one of those super duper important characters.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 04-23-2024 at 09:26 AM.

Apparently Mackay said in a recent podcast that he specifically asked to use Scott