Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I think CC just wanted Scott apart from Jean, as he never forgave the fictional character for what Jim Shooter ordered.

I'm all for ending the eternal love triangle, and never opening it again. It doesn't do anyone involved any favors, and is only readable (IMO) if you hate the character currently on the short end of it.
    Yes, the triangle needs to end with the literal short character left out.

Fantastic Member

Didn't know about Psylocke's feelings for Scott. So that's three telepaths that have had feelings for Scott.

==jthree

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    The heck happened to Scott? Did he get Deaged? Looks like he lost some beef.
    yeah I am definitely not a fan of this redesign.

I wish he was bulky like Lee's version, he's supposed to be Logan's equal. Here it looks like he can be snapped in half.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

I wish he was bulky like Lee's version, he's supposed to be Logan's equal. Here it looks like he can be snapped in half.

From the artist:

@RyanStegman
    Rest assured, folks. Cyclops is Cyclops in X-Men. Not teen Cyclops.

Side note: I've learned that X-Men fans are PASSIONATE! Fun to be involved in something with fans like this.

https://twitter.com/RyanStegman/stat...46047381786804

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post

His nickname is Slim. He shouldn’t be as bulky as Logan, and is a different type of fighter. Logan is a brawler… broad shouldered, thick… uses his mass to his advantage and can absorb a ton of punishment. I’ve always felt Cyclops, being taller and leaner, would need to be a quick, smart fighter and maybe even in the mold of one of these Brazilian jujitsu fighters who employ grappling techniques, throws and whatnot to evade and subdue an opponent, especially one like Logan. In fact, during the Claremont-Byrne era he kind of did just that…

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 03-15-2024 at 08:46 AM.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

I hate that this costume looks so much like Teen Cyclops but the worst part for me is that chunky visor. I really hate it so much. It make me miss the Byrne Cyclops days even more now than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Didn't know about Psylocke's feelings for Scott. So that's three telepaths that have had feelings for Scott.

==jthree
    I'd say rather that Scott has a thing for telepaths...possibly signaling an inability to communicate intimately. He needs his romantic partners to be able to sense what he feels/thinks. One of the reasons I liked [URL="https://marvel.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000003418981"]https://marvel.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000003418981the pairing of Scott (as Basilisk) and Frenzy in AGE OF Xof memories of that altered reality and having phantom feels for Scott when things were reset.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Now that looks great! Not a fan of the new visor but the suit looks pretty cool here. I hope he posts half body shots of Psylocke and Temper next. Would like to see more of their redesigns.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    His nickname is Slim. He shouldn’t be as bulky as Logan, and is a different type of fighter. Logan is a brawler… broad shouldered, thick… uses his mass to his advantage and can absorb a ton of punishment. I’ve always felt Cyclops, being taller and leaner, would need to be a quick, smart fighter and maybe even in the mold of one of these Brazilian jujitsu fighters who employ grappling techniques, throws and whatnot to evade and subdue an opponent, especially one like Logan. In fact, during the Claremont-Byrne era he kind of did just that…

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3186.jpg
    Sure, but if they wanted to invoke classic Gold and Blue teams, this ain't it.

This is:

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Now that looks great! Not a fan of the new visor but the suit looks pretty cool here. I hope he posts half body shots of Psylocke and Temper next. Would like to see more of their redesigns.
    He looks more like a grown man in the sketch than the promo art. hopefully this is closer to the standard.
    Last edited by dr237; 03-15-2024 at 12:35 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    He looks too much like a teen built character. A bit skinny
    Last edited by Keno; 03-15-2024 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    "You think too much. You should try doing once in a while."

Wow, seems like Psylocke x Cyclops was teased a bit in the 90s. I know a complaint about Cyclops is it seems like he always needs to be paired with somebody and he never gets significant time just being single but now that they're on a team and it seems like Marvel have gotten ScottxJean out of their system again, I'm curious to see what pursuing a romantic link between Psylocke and Cyclops could be like.
    Same here. Hopefully, they'll reference their time together on The Blue Team from The Jim Lee era (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I hate that this costume looks so much like Teen Cyclops but the worst part for me is that chunky visor. I really hate it so much. It make me miss the Byrne Cyclops days even more now than ever.
    ...or even the Mike Zeck days from Secret Wars '84 (T_T)

Last edited by K7P5V; 03-15-2024 at 10:31 PM.
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Quote Originally Posted by dr237 View Post
    He looks more like a grown man in the sketch than the promo art. hopefully this is closer to the standard.
    I think the teenage look was mostly an effect of the art style. The costume also has a retro vibe that fits more with what he has been depicted wearing when younger, both in comics and outside media. That much yellow is normally only worn by younger X-Men and Wolverine.
    Dark does not mean deep.

The X-men Evolution Cyclops costume and this new Cyclops costume have a lot in common; black and gold color scheme, black pants/waist with gold x-design for the chest, gold shoulder pads, black sleeves with gold gloves. I wonder if the Evolution costume played any role in the creation of this one.

Spectacular Member

Something more important than the design is that he needs to get back all his character development from before Krakoa, the way they treated Scott in the whole era was horrible.

No one from the Krakoa era knew how to write Scott at all, like are you telling me that someone with Scott's sense of responsibility who fought so hard to get mutants to where they are would just allow some of the most evil, horrible people of all time to lead Krakoa? he wouldn't even accept to be part of a nation with fucking Sinister and Apocalypse, the writing was contrived as **** to make Krakoa work and Cyclops is one of the characters who suffered the most for it. And after being the leader of mutantkind, and Magneto and Xavier accepting that he's way better than both as a leader, he just follows orders from them again? the way they discarded all his character development was disgusting, we need Cyclops back and not the knockoff version from Krakoa.