Page 49 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Ah. Another Jott page I can ignore.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member

Even discarding the open relationship garbage which makes no sense and completely ruins their relationship, I hate how they're not equals, Jean clearly has way more power in their relationship than Scott, like she forced him to leave the X-Men because of the Brood conflict in which he was 100% right, I'm glad it seems like we're getting revolutionary Scott back without Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Even discarding the open relationship garbage which makes no sense and completely ruins their relationship, I hate how they're not equals, Jean clearly has way more power in their relationship than Scott, like she forced him to leave the X-Men because of the Brood conflict in which he was 100% right, I'm glad it seems like we're getting revolutionary Scott back without Jean.
    ??? Jean did not force him to leave the X-Men. He had agency and he chose to do so. He could have stayed if he wanted

Whether he was 100% right about the Brood is debatable. As per the writing, not listening to Scott has paid off as the Brood have been useful in this war against Orchis especially with the mutant numbers severly impacted by hundreds of thousands being displace to the WHR

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    ??? Jean did not force him to leave the X-Men. He had agency and he chose to do so. He could have stayed if he wanted

Whether he was 100% right about the Brood is debatable. As per the writing, not listening to Scott has paid off as the Brood have been useful in this war against Orchis especially with the mutant numbers severly impacted by hundreds of thousands being displace to the WHR
    She gave him an ultimatum, "leave the X-Men or I'm leaving you", which is a really shitty thing to do to your "husband".

And the Brood thing is not debatable, they're evil parasitic monsters that can only reproduce by raping and killing other sentient beings and enjoy doing so, letting them live is anti-ethical.

She gave him an ultimatum, "leave the X-Men or I'm leaving you", which is a really shitty thing to do to your "husband".

And the Brood thing is not debatable, they're evil parasitic monsters that can only reproduce by raping and killing other sentient beings and enjoy doing so, letting them live is anti-ethical.
    She did not issue him an ultimatum. She said she was leaving the X-men and left it up to him if h wanted to stay. They dont need to be joined at the hip. Rogue managed to be a member o the X-men while married to Gambit wasnt. Jean and Scott do not have to be on the same team bc they are married. If he wanted to stay, he could have. She NEVER once said she was leaving him

Not the ones that Broo is leading. That was the whole point of his arc

Per the Brood, I still think that long term, Scott is right. But I'd much rather live in a world where he wasn't, and I'm pretty sure Scott would too.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Per the Brood, I still think that long term, Scott is right. But I'd much rather live in a world where he wasn't, and I'm pretty sure Scott would too.
    I dont think it was a black or white situation. I think they both were right for different reasons

I dont think it was a black or white situation. I think they both were right for different reasons
    Aren't the best fictional arguments like that?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Spectacular Member

How exactly is Jean right? I’m genuinely curious, because the only reason some Brood were not mindlessly killing innocent people is that they were being mind controlled by Broo, and once he loses control of them again (which will eventually happen) they’re gonna kill more innocent people again, what’s the point of letting them live? I don’t even think it’s a morally gray situation, not killing them is dumb and anti-ethical, why would Jean want to save some evil parasitic monsters? The whole situation feels really forced but Jean was definitely in the wrong imo.

How exactly is Jean right? I’m genuinely curious, because the only reason some Brood were not mindlessly killing innocent people is that they were being mind controlled by Broo, and once he loses control of them again (which will eventually happen) they’re gonna kill more innocent people again, what’s the point of letting them live? I don’t even think it’s a morally gray situation, not killing them is dumb and anti-ethical, why would Jean want to save some evil parasitic monsters? The whole situation feels really forced but Jean was definitely in the wrong imo.
    In the 60s, Reed Richards used to say that Skrulls were an objectively evil race with no redeeming qualities. Thankfully, we've gone beyond such asinine moralizing.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    In the 60s, Reed Richards used to say that Skrulls were an objectively evil race with no redeeming qualities. Thankfully, we've gone beyond such asinine moralizing.
    But the Brood actually are an objectively evil race and not killing them means allowing people to die.

But the Brood actually are an objectively evil race and not killing them means allowing people to die.
    But Broo is proof that isn't the case. Exterminating an entire species means that there are more potential Broos being killed off.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    But Broo is proof that isn't the case. Exterminating an entire species means that there are more potential Broos being killed off.
    Not only is that extremely unlikely but how would these potential Broos be born? by killing sentient beings, they really don't deserve to live, like, the fact that they exist is a pretty bad thing.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Brood are not sentient to be called evil. They're just parasites. The fact that they originate in another universe and have no purpose but to assimilate and reproduce make them the ultimate existential threat to all life. Cyclops was right.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

I didn't like Bendis' Revolutionary Scott and Prefer the Utopian version by a mile. Also if Jott means more Jogan then Scemma would be the best option for Cyke.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 04-25-2024 at 10:30 PM.