Page 264 of 274 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268 ... LastLast
Results 3,946 to 3,960 of 4108
    Astonishing Member Darth_Caedus's Avatar

At the very least we'll have Mackay's run. But that ain't much considering that Cyclops was character assassinated for five years under JDW's editorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post
    The same time an xmen comic with a good written Scott comes out this happens lol. I guess its a trade off
    I think Cyke will become a total bum in X-Men '97 without Demayo. Remember that he's a white straight male and he's also a leader. Disney can't stand that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    I think Cyke will become a total bum in X-Men '97 without Demayo. Remember that he's a white straight male and he's also a leader. Disney can't stand that at all.
    Yeah I might as well just tune out during season 2 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post
    Yeah I might as well just tune out during season 2 then.
    They even said that Demayo's script has been revised lol. It couldn't be more joever for a show...

It's for the best to focus on Jed Mackay's X-Men now. It's a dream come true for us Cyclops fans. He's a great leader again, he's being written by Marvel's current best writer, the artist on the book is super popular, there is no Xavier, there is no Logan and there is no Jean in it (even though I would've preferred if she was), the team dynamics are super fun and unique, the villains are mysterious and interesting, etc.

The only thing that is bothering me is that Brevoort lied and we didn't get any Jott scenes in the first issue of X-Men. I was hoping for this new era to fix their relationship but it seems that's not going to be the case.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 07-10-2024 at 02:12 AM.

It's for the best to focus on Jed Mackay's X-Men now. It's a dream come true for us Cyclops fans. He's a great leader again, he's being written by Marvel's current best writer, the artist on the book is super popular, there is no Xavier, there is no Logan and there is no Jean in it (even though I would've preferred if she was), the team dynamics are super fun and unique, the villains are mysterious and interesting, etc.

The only thing that is bothering me is that Brevoort lied and we didn't get any Jott scenes in the first issue of X-Men. I was hoping for this new era to fix their relationship but it seems that's not going to be the case.
    LOL...spoilers:
    Logan
    end of spoilers was very much in this issue. Scott was written well but the book didnt quite grab me. Cant say I'm excited to read the next issue. It wasnt bad but it was kinda average
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-10-2024 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Cant say I excited to read the next issue. It wasnt bad but it was kinda average
    Same, I don't like Krakoa, and I really wanted to like this book, but it was just mediocre \_(ツ)_/

Loved Scott in X-Men #1 under MacKay. Excited for this book.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

They even said that Demayo's script has been revised lol. It couldn't be more joever for a show...
    DeMayo is the guy who made Scott say that awful line of dialogue in the finale, if the new writer isn’t into cuck shit it will be an upgrade.

Only thing I didn’t like is that they wasted too much time on Logan, I get that it was to set up his solo but I couldn’t care less, he got more lines of dialogue than Kwannon who is a member of the team, at least Scott didn’t act like they’re friends and didn’t give a shit that Logan left to Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Loved Scott in X-Men #1 under MacKay. Excited for this book.
    The first time I truly loved Scott since the end of AvX: Consequence. My excitement levels are off the chart.

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    Only thing I didn’t like is that they wasted too much time on Logan, I get that it was to set up his solo but I couldn’t care less, he got more lines of dialogue than Kwannon who is a member of the team, at least Scott didn’t act like they’re friends and didn’t give a shit that Logan left to Canada.
    The second issue seems even more intriguing. X-Men vs Aliens. Sounds cool and badass. Can't wait to see what Cyke does.

Same he finally has personaility again
    JEAN GREY , BETSY BRADDOCK , DANI MOONSTAR , SOFIA MANTEGA/LAURIE COLLINS AND KIDEN NIXON

THE ORIGINAL 5 AND CLASSIC NEW MUTANTS

Used to be knightpryde

Quote Originally Posted by Psygrey View Post
    Same he finally has personaility again
    He had a more fleshed out personality than he ever had in the entire Krakoan era lol, speaks of how much dirty he was done by Hickman and pals.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Terrible News: Matthew Chauncey the screenwriter of Thor: Love and Thunder and Ms: Marvel has replaced Demayo.
    It's joever for Cyke and this show now.
    That is terrible news. I can't grasp why Disney pulls these stunts Aaron's Thor God Butcher/Bomb Run is probably the second best storyline I read in comics. It was such a dark and intense story. You really shouldn't be a writer in the first place if you take something like that and produce Love and Thunder as a result.

As for MacKay's First Issue, this feels like a true continuation of Cyclops's Story after Gillen/Bendis Departure. Happy someone got Scott's Voice right. This Cyclops is effective, strategic, looking to build relationships but at the same time, has that darker edge. Its that balance I want.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 07-10-2024 at 11:40 AM.