Page 44 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NearlyEnough View Post
    The MCU did a good job with Captain America, and I'm sure that if they adapt Scott's character arc from boy scout to mutant revolutionary people will love his character, he's a character that has a lot of potential to be extremely popular: leader, tactical genius, former child soldier, who carries the weight of the world on his shoulders and struggles with insecurity, guilt and a looot of trauma... come on, they just need to do a decent job. Even if they don't adapt his whole character arc, Cyclops is still a ridiculously badass leader with lots of trauma and complicated relationships, if they fumble his character again then they're just hacks.
    MCU is dead

Insominiac apparently plays very loose with the lore and characters, so even if Cyclops is in the games is possible he would have a completely different role and personality, so we should not be too hopeful.

The good thing is that when it comes to game mechanics he is easy to do, just regular H2H and his optic blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Insominiac apparently plays very loose with the lore and characters, so even if Cyclops is in the games is possible he would have a completely different role and personality, so we should not be too hopeful.

The good thing is that when it comes to game mechanics he is easy to do, just regular H2H and his optic blast.
    True, Insomniac Wolverine is just AoA Cyclops with claws and lots of body hair

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Apparently Mackay said in a recent podcast that he specifically asked to use Scott
    That's good to hear. Both Mackay and Stegman are huge Cyke stans. I'm expecting good things from them. Donny Cates is also a fan of the character, fingers crossed he'll get the opportunity to write him somewhere down the line.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Yeah Insomniac goes pretty different with the lore.

In their Spider-Man games we got older adult Peter, reporter MJ, Aunt May actually passes away, Mr. Negative is given huge spotlight, villains like Tombstone and Mysterio actually reforming, Norman Osborn is a decent dad for once, and Venom isn't Eddie Brock.

They aren't afraid to really go out there and the Wolverine game is already showing they are doing stuff there too since Jean starts out as a member of the Morlocks. So yeah definitely not easy to guess what they'll go with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Yeah Insomniac goes pretty different with the lore.

In their Spider-Man games we got older adult Peter, reporter MJ, Aunt May actually passes away, Mr. Negative is given huge spotlight, villains like Tombstone and Mysterio actually reforming, Norman Osborn is a decent dad for once, and Venom isn't Eddie Brock.

They aren't afraid to really go out there and the Wolverine game is already showing they are doing stuff there too since Jean starts out as a member of the Morlocks. So yeah definitely not easy to guess what they'll go with.
    Maybe Scott is a prelate of Apocalypse and joins the X-Men after realizing that what he's been doing is evil?

Spectacular Member

He said in the podcast that he really likes Cyclops and thinks that he's a really cool character, it's been a while since he was written by a writer who actually likes him.

Spectacular Member

I don't think Cyclops will be an important character in the Insomniac games, they're probably gonna be similar to the FOX Movies and Wolverine is gonna be the only important character.

We're being too pessimistic, but either way I didn't like Insomniac Spider-Man games anyway. Arkham trilogy reigns supreme

IIRC someone said that Cyclops is in the wolverine game or at least mentioned but he won't be having a huge role untill the X-Men game itself

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    IIRC someone said that Cyclops is in the wolverine game or at least mentioned but he won't be having a huge role untill the X-Men game itself
    Aren't there a bunch of mutants that Jean liberates at the end from Sinister's captivity? I can see Scott being one of them, maybe even Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Aren't there a bunch of mutants that Jean liberates at the end from Sinister's captivity? I can see Scott being one of them, maybe even Alex.
    That would be nice. Thay way they can keep Sinister's connections to Scott while also having Scott and Jean meet each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    That would be nice. Thay way they can keep Sinister's connections to Scott while also having Scott and Jean meet each other.
    If he's only mentioned, but not seen, I wonder how that would work. Either it'll be a mention from Sinister or perhaps Jean will have psychic dreams/visions of him.

I think most of the game was set in Japan and Madripoor (but it's been a while since I read the leaks so can't remember entirely) and I don't know how Scott would show up there so it would have to be the ending with Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    If he's only mentioned, but not seen, I wonder how that would work. Either it'll be a mention from Sinister or perhaps Jean will have psychic dreams/visions of him.

I think most of the game was set in Japan and Madripoor (but it's been a while since I read the leaks so can't remember entirely) and I don't know how Scott would show up there so it would have to be the ending with Sinister.
    If Scott's at the ending when Jean saves him and then go and meet Xavier that's gonna be fine. It seems that Scott is really in the game so fingers crossed.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Looking forward to see how Scott is written and what the dynamics of the book are. With Xavior gone and good Magnetonthere.
    X-Men Forever