Page 9 of 62 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 03-18-2024 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super-Cyke View Post
    His new costume has put me in an X-men Evolution mood. I only watched the 1st season and don't remember much of that. I'm checking out scenes from the show on youtube and I can see why people shipped Cyke with Rogue in this specific show. I agree with the other user in this thread who said they wouldn't normally ship those two together but in the context of this specific show, they do make a cute couple.

Wow, this is pretty good. I find myself rooting for Rogue. I'm going to need to subscribe to Disney Plus to watch this series.
    Wait until you get to On Angels Wings. The ship-bait is strong enough in that episode that fans considered it sinking to be a Titanic level disaster at the time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Wait until you get to On Angels Wings. The ship-bait is strong enough in that episode that fans considered it sinking to be a Titanic level disaster at the time.
    You mean the story then decided to stop fueling the CykexRogue ship after a certain point? That's the impression I'm getting looking into this series online. That they teased this ship but Cyclops had something solid with Jean going along the whole time as well that they eventually fully committed to while they also eventually introduced Gambit in the story and teased a possible romantic link between Gambit and Rogue. I think it speaks volumes to how well done and how unique Evolution Cyclops and Evolution Rogue were that perhaps most of the dedicated viewers wanted them together instead of the traditional pairings for both of them being available and possible in this series.

You mean the story then decided to stop fueling the CykexRogue ship after a certain point? That's the impression I'm getting looking into this series online. That they teased this ship but Cyclops had something solid with Jean going along the whole time as well that they eventually fully committed to while they also eventually introduced Gambit in the story and teased a possible romantic link between Gambit and Rogue. I think it speaks volumes to how well done and how unique Evolution Cyclops and Evolution Rogue were that perhaps most of the dedicated viewers wanted them together instead of the traditional pairings for both of them being available and possible in this series.
    On Angel's Wings is probably the episode where things were fueled to maximum capacity, at least for the series - it's the only one where Scott ends up seeming to notice Rogue as more than just a classmate at the end. He even puts his arm around her, then nothing like it is ever mentioned again.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I can see your point but overall, the pros outshine the cons

+ Magneto, Magik, and Cyclops are easily my favorite trio thanks to Gillen's AvX Aftermath. This alone will make me give the series a chance
    + No Gail Simone: Once in a while she writes something decent, but the extreme majority of the time I don't like her work. Happy she's not on this book
    Fully agree with both of these. While think Gail's a decent writer, Uncanny's roster seems like pure nostalgia bait and that's a major turn-off for me.

?? Beast?: I thought he was sent to Krakoan Hell after being the villain from Wolverine? Let me guess...that was another clone?
    Remember Beast's big plan post-AvX to stop Scott when Bendis took over? Well... they dusted it off to solve the problem of Percy's Beast, lol.

- Don't know the other members of this roster (I'd rather have Sunfire or Firestar) nor am I completely familiar with this writer

Overall: Fingers crossed but hopeful
    Oya/Temper and Quentin used to date, so I'm kinda dreading we'll get relationship drama.

Funny thing with Evo is that Jean was dating that Duncan kid for almost half the series until the Institute got exposed as a place for mutants, so they had at least a season where they could've explored Scott and Rouge possibly dating before moving onto the traditional pairings. Tyke had the same issue of being hyper-fixated on Jeen instead of letting him branch out like all the rest of the O5 did.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Funny thing with Evo is that Jean was dating that Duncan kid for almost half the series until the Institute got exposed as a place for mutants, so they had at least a season where they could've explored Scott and Rouge possibly dating before moving onto the traditional pairings. Tyke had the same issue of being hyper-fixated on Jeen instead of letting him branch out like all the rest of the O5 did.
    Tyke-23 will always be the ship that got away, for me.

Same with Evo Scott / Rogue.

Give Scott his goth girl and just roll with it, Marvel!
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    ?? Beast?: I thought he was sent to Krakoan Hell after being the villain from Wolverine? Let me guess...that was another clone?
    We dont know how this will be resolved. The story hasnt finished playing out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Fully agree with both of these. While think Gail's a decent writer, Uncanny's roster seems like pure nostalgia bait and that's a major turn-off for me.

Remember Beast's big plan post-AvX to stop Scott when Bendis took over? Well... they dusted it off to solve the problem of Percy's Beast, lol.

Oya/Temper and Quentin used to date, so I'm kinda dreading we'll get relationship drama.

Scott did kind of have a girlfriend in Evo, although she makes so little of an impression that I can't even remember her name without looking it up. She was part of Jean's clique at the high school and she asks Scott out for the Sadie Hawkins dance. They break up when everyone is outed as mutants, as she turns out to be almost as big a bigot as Duncan. Her only real purpose to the plot was to make the fact that Jean actually had feelings for Scott apparent by triggering a green eyed epiphany. And probably to help derail the Scott/Rogue ship by getting in the way until Jean came around.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Scott did kind of have a girlfriend in Evo, although she makes so little of an impression that I can't even remember her name without looking it up. She was part of Jean's clique at the high school and she asks Scott out for the Sadie Hawkins dance. They break up when everyone is outed as mutants, as she turns out to be almost as big a bigot as Duncan. Her only real purpose to the plot was to make the fact that Jean actually had feelings for Scott apparent by triggering a green eyed epiphany. And probably to help derail the Scott/Rogue ship by getting in the way until Jean came around.
    Taryn Fujioka. BOOOOOOO
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Taryn Fujioka. BOOOOOOO
    I was on my phone - at was breaktime at work, and phones aren't great at the multi-window thing. It's either look up info for the post, or make the post. And the point about....Taryn, was it? Well, the point still stands.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I was on my phone - at was breaktime at work, and phones aren't great at the multi-window thing. It's either look up info for the post, or make the post. And the point about....Taryn, was it? Well, the point still stands.
    Oh, I was booing Taryn, not you, hah!
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    Oh, I was booing Taryn, not you, hah!
    Oh, I know. I couldn't resist poking more fun at Taryn though.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Yes, Ryan. Eat these trolls up. You scored the biggest gig in comics! Enjoy it!
    Mutant and Proud!

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Haven't read a single page or even sypnosis since the gala. Only dropped by because I stumbled on folks freaking out over the cartoon because of course that was going to happen.

I'm still operating the assumption that Cyclops spent the last eight(!!!) months talking about how awesome Jean was and occasionally telling off Orchis until he had to stage his own rescue right before his execution because Kitty, Emma and the others were two busy talking about how awesome they were. Still hoping he executes Moira and gets dumped for it because he's so toxic or whatever. Saddest/funniest thing is, I'm not that far off, am I?

Anyway. So that promo art, eh? Are we seriously not going to joke over the fact that Cyke looks 10 years now that he's been freed from the current x-office editors/writers?

X-Men '97 was cool.

It's been forever since our boy has gotten this much respect. He was just great. Fights and characterization both. Every dialogue from his mouth had me, "Yep. That's Cyclops."

But they still haven't completely abandoned the love triangle. Ugh. It's very minor, but Jean was pregnent for god's sake. It's even more creepy now.