Page 32 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    No I don't hate her, Goddess be praised I truly love the character, but the way Storm and many other X-Men treated Scott during and post AvX was atrocious. It's not her fault though. About the '97 show, he's been great so far but still has a messed up personal life. Bro can't catch a break
    I'm rather sympathetic to Jott fans during the Krakoa era, tbh.

I'll preface by reiterating -- again -- that I've dropped all X-Books near the beginning of Hickman's run, but after-- what was it called -- House of X / Dawn of X? Like, I tried to give the books one last chance, and felt underwhelmed by Hickman's build-up.

But as far as Jott shipping is concerned, the general consensus I got browsing these boards is that, while there are few sweet Jott moments sprinkled here and there, nothing of particular importance happened, while the X-Writers were bigger Jogan fans and wrote even more storylines furthering the latter ship. In some aspects, it feels "worse" than outright ignoring Scemma / the lack of Scemma, as at least the Scemma fans hadn't had to -- for lack of a better term -- see Emma cucked over Jott, in the same way Cyke fans felt Cyke was cucked over Jogan.

Did that make sense? And Jott fans, did I get the sentiment right?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Cyclops going live worldwide with Emma's help (Although it turns out that Scott was actually dead at the time) and declaring that he's not going to stand by and watch as the mutants are gassed to death by Inhumans and the X-Men saying: "Oh my God Scott what have you done?" was fucking hilarious. He's trying to save your asses you fucking idiots. Marvel editorial was really retarded back then.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'm rather sympathetic to Jott fans during the Krakoa era, tbh.

I'll preface by reiterating -- again -- that I've dropped all X-Books near the beginning of Hickman's run, but after-- what was it called -- House of X / Dawn of X? Like, I tried to give the books one last chance, and felt underwhelmed by Hickman's build-up.

But as far as Jott shipping is concerned, the general consensus I got browsing these boards is that, while there are few sweet Jott moments sprinkled here and there, nothing of particular importance happened, while the X-Writers were bigger Jogan fans and wrote even more storylines furthering the latter ship. In some aspects, it feels "worse" than outright ignoring Scemma / the lack of Scemma, as at least the Scemma fans hadn't had to -- for lack of a better term -- see Emma cucked over Jott, in the same way Cyke fans felt Cyke was cucked over Jogan.

Did that make sense? And Jott fans, did I get the sentiment right?
    Jott was the most important X-Couple in the Krakoan era imo. Nah other than Percy no one was really a Jogan fan and even he dropped it sooner rather than later

Mighty Member

Jott was the most important X-Couple in the Krakoan era imo. Nah other than Percy no one was really a Jogan fan and even he dropped it sooner rather than later
    Fair enough
    Let your wallet talk.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

The problem with Jott is that Morrison nuked it into oblivion and Emma proved herself to be a great love interest for Scott if not better than Jean, and while she lacked the connections to Summers-Grey lore, she loved Scott perhaps more than anyone else ever did.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

From what I hear Jean suffers from the fact since her resurrection she has not really had much to do in a major capacity especially on her own barring Tom Taylor's short-lived X-Men Red series.

So compared to the very fully realized stories and development Emma got over the years, Jean is shafted by not being enough opportunities to really be a star which hopefully the upcoming Phoenix ongoing changes that.

When did Scott and Jean get together again? Wasn't she dating someone else after her recent rez for a bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    From what I hear Jean suffers from the fact since her resurrection she has not really had much to do in a major capacity especially on her own barring Tom Taylor's short-lived X-Men Red series.

So compared to the very fully realized stories and development Emma got over the years, Jean is shafted by not being enough opportunities to really be a star which hopefully the upcoming Phoenix ongoing changes that.

When did Scott and Jean get together again? Wasn't she dating someone else after her recent rez for a bit?
    Emma was written by the likes Whedon, Fraction etc. There's no way Stephanie Phillips is even going to be remotely as good as they are. She even got an 18 issue ongoing series. Jean's has lasted for 12.
    Scott and Jean got back together in Rosenberg's UXM issue number 22 and no she wasn't really dating anyone else. In X-Men Red annual we saw her grieving at Scott's grave, wishing that he was with her saving and changing the world.

Mighty Member

Attachment 139049
    "But Emma turned Cyclops into mutant hitler"
    Man, KrakoaClops ain't worthy of you, Queen

Emma was written by the likes Whedon, Fraction etc. There's no way Stephanie Phillips is even going to be remotely as good as they are. She even got an 18 issue ongoing series. Jean's has lasted for 12.
    Scott and Jean got back together in Rosenberg's UXM issue number 22 and no she wasn't really dating anyone else. In X-Men Red annual we saw her grieving at Scott's grave, wishing that he was with her saving and changing the world.
    Wait, didn't the writers have her dating Bishop or something? Or am I remembering some bad fanfic???
    Let your wallet talk.

Wait, didn't the writers have her dating Bishop or something? Or am I remembering some bad fanfic???
    Thats who I remember! I remember hearing she dated Bishop for a bit.

It happened in the Age of X-Man, in an alternate reality Nate Grey had created.

And when she got back to 616 she immediately went to Scott

Kelly Thompson is a Scemma fan, she probably would have given us more Scemma content if she was among the From the Ashes creative team and Brevoort wasn't such a Scemma hater

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its not about Storm hate, its just Storm unfortunately also gets poorly a lot written to facilitate events and stories. Again I bring up the Inhumanity era, Storm just allowing Black Bolt to execute Cyclops is apart of the general mishandling of the character during that time where she's turned into a suck-up for the Inhumans and can't call them out on their bullshit.

A lot of X-Men suffered from being forced to placate the Inhumans and Medusa basically turning them into mutant Uncle Toms which wound up making Cyclops the more likable character cause he was the only one taking an actual stand against the Inhumans which was all entirely unintended by editorial as they wanted Scott to be a villain not an unsung hero.

Plus Schism would have made way more sense if it was Storm vs Cyclops, like the two actual leaders of the X-Men having a dispute. But alas Storm was over in the Black Panther books so the position fell to Wolverine because of his massive popularity than any actual merit.
    Oh, we Storm fans don't talk about 2000+ comic era, up to the point of 2014 or something among those lines. Those were dark ages and Storm was depicted in the most wrong way during that entire decade and a half.

But that aside, I really liked seeing justice done to Cyke in X-Men '97, and just for the record, I do not blame him for anything that has happened so far. I do think though that they are taking him on his villainous path where the X-men are divided and if I am not mistaken Storm joins his team by that time. I wonder how they will implicate that story in X-Men '97, they've done great justice for Storm and Cyclops so far. Hope they continue doing him justice even though his lowest times in comics and make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Oh, we Storm fans don't talk about 2000+ comic era, up to the point of 2014 or something among those lines. Those were dark ages and Storm was depicted in the most wrong way during that entire decade and a half.

But that aside, I really liked seeing justice done to Cyke in X-Men '97, and just for the record, I do not blame him for anything that has happened so far. I do think though that they are taking him on his villainous path where the X-men are divided and if I am not mistaken Storm joins his team by that time. I wonder how they will implicate that story in X-Men '97, they've done great justice for Storm and Cyclops so far. Hope they continue doing him justice even though his lowest times in comics and make it better.
    Its a damn shame how much Storm's been shafted. So many significant and great characters, just given the short end of the stick for years and years. Tragic, TRAGIC! At least Storm's made a huge comeback sense, things are going good for the elemental Goddess.

About 97 indeed, here here, its a damn good time watching the show, lots of great moments all around. Really looking forward to how Cyclops and Storm is going to handle things in the upcoming episodes.

Our guys are going to war.

Villainous path? You mean being rightclops? Demayo had said he didn't like that version of the character so we have to see how that plays out in the show. Either way I just can't see a Scott in his 90s suit without his most trusted allies such as Emma and Yana become that version of the character yet. Tbh I don't trust anyone when it comes to Scott anymore.