Page 8 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Wasn't the whole Betsy loving Scott thing explained away? I prefer him with Jean. And I don't like the triangle either. Its petty and immature.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-16-2024 at 12:01 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

On the idea of other love interests for Cyke, I'm reminded that one of the plans for X-Men Evolution had it gotten more seasons is that after Jean dies due to another Dark Phoneix arc, Scott would get together with Rogue.

Which was a very popular pairing in the show's fandom as Rogue was a hot outcast goth chick and Rogue fans hated Jean for getting with the guy they felt Rogue deserved to be with.

Apparently this is a statement by the show's creator Frank Puar on what would have happened in the show

Puar: We played the relationship card with Scott and Rogue, she makes a play for him, and why not? If anyone has an idea of what she's going through, it would be Scott. He lives in fear of losing control of his powers and killing someone; so does she. He had a lousy childhood; so does she. He always feels isolated because of his powers and of his responsibility; so does she. And he's the one who reached out to her and brought her into an environment of warmth, family and friends. Why wouldn't she make a play for him? She reads Jean's actions toward Scott as mean. Jean is a player, the cheerleader who has everything, and can't make up her mind at what she wants. Scott is an item to her, just like Duncan, and who knows whom else. Rogue thinks Jean is a dumb ass and cannot recognize a good thing when she sees it, so yeah, she's going to make a play on the guy. (Oh, as a minor side note; on the final episode, during the peek into the future, check out who is not included in the group shot and check out whom Rogue lands next to.)

The Stegman suit looks a bit like what one would expect a "new" version of the New Mutants "trainee" uniform to look like. That's pretty in character for Scott who traditionally doesn't stray far from the standard uniform look with minor modification - usually subtracting the torso stripe and adding a strap/harness here or there, keeping with his non-flashy pragmatic style.
    [IMG]

The New Mutants suits from DEAD SOULS which featured covers by Stegman.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    On the idea of other love interests for Cyke, I'm reminded that one of the plans for X-Men Evolution had it gotten more seasons is that after Jean dies due to another Dark Phoneix arc, Scott would get together with Rogue.

Which was a very popular pairing in the show's fandom as Rogue was a hot outcast goth chick and Rogue fans hated Jean for getting with the guy they felt Rogue deserved to be with.

Apparently this is a statement by the show's creator Frank Puar on what would have happened in the show
    I wouldn't support the two of them together in the comics, but in the context of Evolution they made perfect sense. They don't have the same beginning in the comics, and currently Rogue is in a really good place, relationship-wise.

From the earlier artwork teases for the post-Krakoa X-Men, it also still looks like Scott and Jean are together, even if they aren't on the same team. Of course, that doesn't mean that editorial hasn't changed their minds, but I'm going to presume they haven't split until I see confirmation that they actually have.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Funnily enough, I really wanted ScoGue to happen in Evo. They just fit.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Wasn't the whole Betsy loving Scott thing explained away? I prefer him with Jean. And I don't like the triangle either. Its petty and immature.
    There was the suggestion that it was the influence of Kwannon's "evil" sexy psyche pushing Betts to cause some chaos on the team.

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Finally got to look at the new roster for Scott's team and I'm a bit underwhelmed.

- Absolute NO on Quire. I've been sick of him for almost 2 decades now. If the book needed a telekinetic, then go with Hellion or Justice.
    - On the fence about Juggs and Beast.
    - We're back to Buster Soulsword 'Yana again? Why?
    - I'm very curious about Mags' involvement and place on this team.
    - Honestly shocked that a Wolverine-adjacent character wasn't put in here.

If I'm honest, this probably the only book of the three announced that I'll bother with unless I hear good things about the others, but it'll be on a *very* short leash.

Oh, my.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    And Cecilia Reyes called. She wants her shoulder pads back, Scott.

Stegman's art isn't... horrible here. I just wish we could have kept the likes of Silva, Larraz, Werneck, etc.
    Last edited by nx01a; 03-16-2024 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Finally got to look at the new roster for Scott's team and I'm a bit underwhelmed.

- Absolute NO on Quire. I've been sick of him for almost 2 decades now. If the book needed a telekinetic, then go with Hellion or Justice.

If I'm honest, this probably the only book of the three announced that I'll bother with unless I hear good things about the others, but it'll be on a *very* short leash.
    I think Quire might be filling the traditional Wolverine role - that of the "never listens, always goes off half-cocked, destructive to teamwork" type character. So, a Flanderized Wolverine (since the actual Wolverine DID often follow plans, he caused friction AFTER the fight). Quire is my one negative about the roster - he is back, in spite of popular demand.

The rest, even if they don't all inspire me, they also don't inspire distaste in me either. I can give them a chance to see what the writing makes of them.

I only really have a strong dislike of two X-Men in the stable. Quire, and "Too Sexy to get Caught" Fantomex. The latter needs to be stuffed into a wood chipper in his next appearance, which will hopefully be never.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

I really wish superhero comics were past the point of needing that archtype on almost every team. There's so many better people that could've been used for Quire's slot just from the last three Krakoa era X-Men teams alone.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post

I can see your point but overall, the pros outshine the cons

+ Magneto, Magik, and Cyclops are easily my favorite trio thanks to Gillen's AvX Aftermath. This alone will make me give the series a chance
    + No Gail Simone: Once in a while she writes something decent, but the extreme majority of the time I don't like her work. Happy she's not on this book

?? Beast?: I thought he was sent to Krakoan Hell after being the villain from Wolverine? Let me guess...that was another clone?

?? Still getting used to Juggernaught as a good guy. Adding him to my favorite trio will make this team extremely powerful if the writer is competent and understands how they think/fight. These threats need to be heavy hitters to give them a challenge

- Quentin: I never liked his character...ever
    - Don't know the other members of this roster (I'd rather have Sunfire or Firestar) nor am I completely familiar with this writer

Overall: Fingers crossed but hopeful
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 03-17-2024 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I can see your point but overall, the pros outshine the cons

+ Magneto, Magik, and Cyclops are easily my favorite trio thanks to Gillen's AvX Aftermath. This alone will make me give the series a chance
    + No Gail Simone: Once in a while she writes something decent, but the extreme majority of the time I don't like her work. Happy she's not on this book

?? Beast?: I thought he was sent to Krakoan Hell after being the villain from Wolverine? Let me guess...that was another clone?

?? Still getting used to Juggernaught as a good guy. Adding him to my favorite trio will make this team extremely powerful if the writer is competent and understands how they think/fight. These threats need to be heavy hitters to give them a challenge

- Quentin: I never liked his character...ever
    - Don't know the other members of this roster (I'd rather have Sunfire or Firestar) nor am I completely familiar with this writer

Overall: Fingers crossed but hopeful
    Juggernaut has been on the slow road to redemption since about the Morrison era. I'm willing to give him a shot, even if I'd rather have Frenzy on board. As far as Sunfire or Firestar are concerned, Temper makes them somewhat redundant on the team, as she can mimic 75% of what either of them can do, while also doing 75% of what Iceman can do as well. I'd rather have anyone other than Quire though - well, other than Fantomex. But anyone else, like, at all.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    There was the suggestion that it was the influence of Kwannon's "evil" sexy psyche pushing Betts to cause some chaos on the team.

This was the image I was thinking of.

Joe Mad drew a very good Scott. Then again, he drew the whole team wonderfully.

His new costume has put me in an X-men Evolution mood. I only watched the 1st season and don't remember much of that. I'm checking out scenes from the show on youtube and I can see why people shipped Cyke with Rogue in this specific show. I agree with the other user in this thread who said they wouldn't normally ship those two together but in the context of this specific show, they do make a cute couple.

Wow, this is pretty good. I find myself rooting for Rogue. I'm going to need to subscribe to Disney Plus to watch this series.
    Last edited by Super-Cyke; 03-17-2024 at 09:09 PM.