Page 41 of 77 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    But that doesn't mean they're going to use the show's versions of the characters in their X-Men movies reboot
    No, that's not confirmation of that but it does indicate that it's part of the Multiverse now and so that could occur and they could show up for Secret Wars. Like the Xavier we saw in Multiverse of Madness was clearly based on the TAS version. And Beast in The Marvels is similarly themed after TAS version. So speculation is that the X-Men we see in Deadpool & Wolverine will be the X-Men '97 versions since we know they'll be wearing 90s costumes. Especially since it's rumored that the show will give the X-Men new costumes by the end of the season so some people think those new costumes will be MCU versions of the 90s costumes.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Evolution was probably the Best Scott and the Best Jean of all 3 major animated shows.
    Evolution has like the best dynamic for the 3. No love triangle so Logan is a supportive uncle/dad to Scott and the crew.

Like this scene where he actually gives good relationship advice to Scott about telling Jean his feelings and its such a wholesome moment.

Plus great voice-acting by Scott McNeil, he's an underrated Wolverine VA

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    WATXM was heavily influenced by the movies and especially X3. People don't notice that because the costumes come from the comics but the dynamics of the characters came more or less from the movies.

Wolverine and Jean having a thing came straight from the movies. Xavier and Jean missing with Cyclops depressed and unable to function as a leader was X3. Kitty and Bobby being in a relationship and having no other peers their age (Bobby wasn't peers with Hank or Warren and Kitty had no relationship whatsoever with Colossus or even a sisterly relationship with Storm) was X3. Rogue being Wolverine's teenage sidekick and wanting to go when he's leaving the team at the beginning was straight from the first movie's ending. Magneto claiming to be mutantkind's savior but willing to sacrifice mutant lives for his agenda was his characterization in the movies. Where Wolverine points out that for all Magneto's talk of helping his people, he's only interested in himself, like how he abandons Mystique in X3 once she's human or how he's willing to kill off Rogue. I only saw the show once so don't remember it entirely but I think Mystique was also relegated to Magneto's henchman. And Beast wasn't far off from the Kelsey Grammer version.

Another thing is the flashback episode with Jean and the O5. How Magneto comes to recruit Jean because of all her vaunted power. That was more or less the opening of X3 where Magneto is already familiar with Jean's potential because he recruited her with Xavier.
    People didn't notice it was influenced by the movies? I sure did.

Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    No, that's not confirmation of that but it does indicate that it's part of the Multiverse now and so that could occur and they could show up for Secret Wars. Like the Xavier we saw in Multiverse of Madness was clearly based on the TAS version. And Beast in The Marvels is similarly themed after TAS version. So speculation is that the X-Men we see in Deadpool & Wolverine will be the X-Men '97 versions since we know they'll be wearing 90s costumes. Especially since it's rumored that the show will give the X-Men new costumes by the end of the season so some people think those new costumes will be MCU versions of the 90s costumes.
    I don't give a rat's ass about this whole mutiverse saga. The idea of multiverse is stupid and overplayed at this point. All I care about is seeing a proper X-Men adaptation, with a good Scott and Jean fighting againt actual X-Men villains. If somehow they can continue X-Men 97 in live action movies that would be really really cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Evolution has like the best dynamic for the 3. No love triangle so Logan is a supportive uncle/dad to Scott and the crew.

Like this scene where he actually gives good relationship advice to Scott about telling Jean his feelings and its such a wholesome moment.

Plus great voice-acting by Scott McNeil, he's an underrated Wolverine VA
    Wolverine is cool when he's this samurai guy who lives by a code. When ho goes total animal magentism and stuff he gets insufferable

BANNED

I don't give a rat's ass about this whole mutiverse saga. The idea of multiverse is stupid and overplayed at this point. All I care about is seeing a proper X-Men adaptation, with a good Scott and Jean fighting againt actual X-Men villains. If somehow they can continue X-Men 97 in live action movies that would be really really cool
    Eh, the multiverse has been a part of comics since the 60s at least and its barely been utilized in the movies. It's just a vehicle to use different characters than before. I don't feel like it's that played out since they haven't even done much with it in the movies yet. Its only really played a significant role in, what, two movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Eh, the multiverse has been a part of comics since the 60s at least and its barely been utilized in the movies. It's just a vehicle to use different characters than before. I don't feel like it's that played out since they haven't even done much with it in the movies yet. Its only really played a significant role in, what, two movies?
    It's something I've come to hate as of late. Like there's an alternate reality where batman is a triceratops or some **** like that. Wtf

BANNED

It's something I've come to hate as of late. Like there's an alternate reality where batman is a triceratops or some **** like that. Wtf
    I mean, a lot of beloved X-Men stories deal with alternate realities and divergent timelines. Hell, a lot of the best comic and sci-fi stories deal with that. Its been a regular part of Marvel and DC forever and suddenly people hate it because it's been used in a handful of movies and TV shows (oddly some of the more successful movies and shows the MCU has had lately.) I just find it strange. It's not a new concept at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I mean, a lot of beloved X-Men stories deal with alternate realities and divergent timelines. Hell, a lot of the best comic and sci-fi stories deal with that. Its been a regular part of Marvel and DC forever and suddenly people hate it because it's been used in a handful of movies and TV shows (oddly some of the more successful movies and shows the MCU has had lately.) I just find it strange. It's not a new concept at all.
    Timelines such as DoFP and AoA or the future Cable comes from are really fleshed out and great. They served their purpose. But in General I think Multiverse and time travel stuff takes away all the stakes because somehow you can manage to save everything

BANNED

Timelines such as DoFP and AoA or the future Cable comes from are really fleshed out and great. They served their purpose. But in General I think Multiverse and time travel stuff takes away all the stakes because somehow you can manage to save everything
    I kinda like those stories because they have more creative freedom to do whatever they want, hence the whole thing in AoA where they kill the entire cast at the end or even in DOFP where they tried to save everything but had no idea of if it worked or not (in the movie version, it worked. In the animated one, it didn't). Hell, the famous one, DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths was a bloodbath and they barely saved anybody. Even Flashpoint from DC basically had the moral of "if you try to change the past, it's going to blow up in your face."

In the movies, it's just a way to utilize other characters from their other franchises and tell a story with bigger stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I said what i said and I stand by it. We definiteyl disagree on all of this. Apocalypse nad Sinister are not hsi allies. He has not worked with them at all this era and has openly defied Sinister. He's worked with people that worked with them but he has not partnered with either at all personally.

No Im looking at all of his history. Of course time wtih jean should be factored bc he was with her for most of his history. Before getting iwth Emma, Scott was only single after Jean's first death. Scott and Emma never would have worked prior to Morrison's run. The team's first interaction with her was played a part in driving Jean crazy which ultimately led to Jean's death and Scott's depression and grief. He was disgusted by Emma and the HFC for that. Do you honestly think he would have worked with her then leading up to his marriage to Madelyne? I think not. Definitely not when he and Jean reunited in X-Factor and got married in X-men. That Scott was not a cheater and wouldnt have thought twice about

But thats exactly what happened. He ended their relationship when he choked her out after finding out about her and Namor. He was done with her ad that point as she no longer was a viable partner for him. When they reunited in Bendis run, it was strictly ina professional capacity. Emma carried a torch for him but did not want her like that anymore. Bendis tackled that

But thats exactly what happened. He ended their relationship when he choked her out after finding out about her and Namor. He was done with her ad that point as she no longer was a viable partner for him. When they reunited in Bendis run, it was strictly ina professional capacity. Emma carried a torch for him but did not want her like that anymore. Bendis tackled that

She even called him out on how brutal he was to her as she cried in her diamond form. He had no compassion or empathy for her despite her expressing how hurt he was making her feel. Nah, it was all business and he had no use for her feelings

He did not rightfully kill Charles. That was a mistake that Scott would never have done had he been in his right mind
    "No Im looking at all of his history. Of course time wtih jean should be factored bc he was with her for most of his history. Before getting iwth Emma, Scott was only single after Jean's first death. Scott and Emma never would have worked prior to Morrison's run. The team's first interaction with her was played a part in driving Jean crazy which ultimately led to Jean's death and Scott's depression and grief. He was disgusted by Emma and the HFC for that. Do you honestly think he would have worked with her then leading up to his marriage to Madelyne? I think not. Definitely not when he and Jean reunited in X-Factor and got married in X-men. That Scott was not a cheater and wouldnt have thought twice about"

No you're not. You're just another jean fan blinded by the nonsense that is jott. Go back and actually read Scott and Emma's relationship. The Scott you liked had changed by that point. And yet again proving my point that Cyclops was reverted and character assassinated for jean.

"But thats exactly what happened. He ended their relationship when he choked her out after finding out about her and Namor. He was done with her ad that point as she no longer was a viable partner for him. When they reunited in Bendis run, it was strictly ina professional capacity. Emma carried a torch for him but did not want her like that anymore. Bendis tackled that"

Hold on. When jean kills an entire planet filled with people, you jean fans say "Oh it was the Phoenix, not jean. She wasn't in the right state of mind". Here with Scott, you say "Oh that's right he hates Emma he's emotions weren't affected by Phoenix. He wanted to kill Emma". And since we're on the topic of cheaters, jean has had an emotional affair with wolverine for years and apparently Scott was willing to be her, yet I'm supposed to believe he would break up with Emma when jean has been doing the same thing for years. Which is it? Is Scott a person who would never forgive a cheater or is he someone who actually look at the situation in it's entire context? You all love to use this point but never seem to bring up jean doing the exact same thing with wolverine.

If you don't understand ScottxEmma then don't speak on it.

"She even called him out on how brutal he was to her as she cried in her diamond form. He had no compassion or empathy for her despite her expressing how hurt he was making her feel. Nah, it was all business and he had no use for her feelings"

And you as a Cyclops fan believe that Cyclops is like that? "Brutal, unempathetic and all about business". Careful, your jean stan syndrome is showing.

Edit: And the panels you used are from a writer who hates ScottxEmma.
    Last edited by Indifferent fanatic77; 04-23-2024 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Wanted to add one more point and fix spelling

"But, to your larger point if Scott Summers can fall in love/maintain a relationship with Emma Frost, who contributed to Jean becoming Dark Phoenix and dying, and also attacked the X-Men on numerous occasions, why is it unbelievable/unacceptable that he would accept a political alliance with Sinister and Apocalypse in Krakoa? I'm not sure how one is in character and one is absolutely out of character (to me the relationship and Krakoa is out of character)"

That's a very good point. I would say he was more accepting of Emma because she changed to be better and he saw how the death of her students on Genosha impacted her which led to her seeking a change going from villain to teacher to a full-blown protector/hero of mutants.

Sinister and Appocalypse haven't shown that change or desire to change. Apocalypse still more or less moves the same way before just under the restrictions of Krakoa and the council (please correct me if I'm wrong). As for Sinister, well he's still Sinister.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Been gone for awhile. Nice to see some activity in this thread.

That being said, it would be nice if there was a bit more focus on appreciating Cyclops; all parts equally, no matter the time era. I don't mind discussing aspects of the character, but I wouldn't want to alienate any fans of Cyclops in the process. I feel like that includes other characters. I know Cyclops gets a lot of hate in other threads, but it would be nice to be better here.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Been gone for awhile. Nice to see some activity in this thread.

That being said, it would be nice if there was a bit more focus on appreciating Cyclops; all parts equally, no matter the time era. I don't mind discussing aspects of the character, but I wouldn't want to alienate any fans of Cyclops in the process. I feel like that includes other characters. I know Cyclops gets a lot of hate in other threads, but it would be nice to be better here.
    I like how plays in Ultimate Alliance 3, really fun

There is a tremendous thrill seeing how his optic blast attacks look

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    I like how plays in Ultimate Alliance 3, really fun

There is a tremendous thrill seeing how his optic blast attacks look
    Haven't played that one myself. I'm very tempted.

If there's one thing I'm hoping for, it's more video games with Cyke. Good videogames, hopefully.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia