Page 39 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Dark Lord of the Sith Darth_Caedus's Avatar

RCO006_1466106934.jpg
    Imagine going from a Cyclops that peels the skin off the flesh of World War Hulk to Duggan's "muh wife"clops lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Caedus View Post
    I don't care about Wolverine anymore. When I was younger yeah he sounded cool and edgy. Right now? Nah. I prefer introverts such as Cyclops.
    I like Wolverine, believe it or not, but I grew to like him less as I got older. The douchey, macho aspects of the character began to grate on me and I began to outgrow characters like that in general. I still like certain versions of him under certain writers, but a lot of times the mainstream version is pretty insufferable. I love him in the 90s X-Men cartoon because he's very funny in that and I feel like the violence and rage of the character isn't as glorified. Instead of "look how cool this behavior is," he comes off as a broken, damaged guy and you feel for him more. He's not just some loose canon jerk (although he is that, too), but kind of a tragic character that's really trying to be a good man.

It's funny. As I age and mature, I prefer more mature and internal characters, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    I like Wolverine, believe it or not, but I grew to like him less as I got older. The douchey, macho aspects of the character began to grate on me and I began to outgrow characters like that in general. I still like certain versions of him under certain writers, but a lot of times the mainstream version is pretty insufferable. I love him in the 90s X-Men cartoon because he's very funny in that and I feel like the violence and rage of the character isn't as glorified. Instead of "look how cool this behavior is," he comes off as a broken, damaged guy and you feel for him more. He's not just some loose canon jerk (although he is that, too), but kind of a tragic character that's really trying to be a good man.

It's funny. As I age and mature, I prefer more mature and internal characters, too.
    The same thing happened for me. I grew up simping for Wolverine because of the movies and reading his solo stuff. But after a while I stopped caring about the character. He was so not me. He was a macho smoking cigars, drinking alcohol and hitting on married women. I was a nerd with social problems that couldn't interact properly with the girl I used to like. He's cool to read sometimes but him acting like he's the most tortured and special boy in the boy was just too cringe. But Scott, he's literally me lol. He feels like the weight of the world is on his shoulders, people hate on him for no reason, his girlfriend prefers the cooler guy...
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 04-22-2024 at 04:56 PM.

BANNED

The same thing happened for me. I grew up simping for Wolverine because of the movies and reading his solo stuff. But after a while I stopped caring about the character. He was so not me. He was a macho smoking cigars, drinking alcohol and hitting on married women. I was a nerd with social problems that couldn't interact properly with the girl I used to like. He's cool to read sometimes but him acting like he's the most tortured and special boy in the boy was just too cringe. But Scott, he's literally me lol. He feels like the weight of the world is on his shoulders, people hate on him for no reason, his girlfriend prefers the cooler guy...
    I was probably somewhere between the two, honestly. I definitely went through a period where I was younger where I was drinking and smoking and was kind of this bad-tempered hellraiser, but I was always kind of a big nerd deep down. I think when I was young, I was trying too hard to prove something and be a certain kind of guy and when I finally grew up, I felt embarrassed by some of that behavior and embraced the nicer, dweebier side of who I am.

Ill always be a bit of a hothead and troublemaker, but I've definitely mellowed out and become a more thoughtful, caring person and I view guys like Wolverine in real life as morons and bullies, you know? Guys who are always trying to threaten or beat on anybody that crosses them come off as embarassing once you're an adult.

RCO004_1472436649.jpg
    This page sums up all the reasons why I love Scott and don't care about Logan

I was probably somewhere between the two, honestly. I definitely went through a period where I was younger where I was drinking and smoking and was kind of this bad-tempered hellraiser, but I was always kind of a big nerd deep down. I think when I was young, I was trying too hard to prove something and be a certain kind of guy and when I finally grew up, I felt embarrassed by some of that behavior and embraced the nicer, dweebier side of who I am.

Ill always be a bit of a hothead and troublemaker, but I've definitely mellowed out and become a more thoughtful, caring person and I view guys like Wolverine in real life as morons and bullies, you know? Guys who are always trying to threaten or beat on anybody that crosses them come off as embarassing once you're an adult.
    I did go through a period when I smoked (still do unfortunately) and did drugs and stuff just to look "cooler" lol. Yeah I think Logan is the James Potter of X-Univers while Scott is more like Snape.

I did go through a period when I smoked (still do unfortunately) and did drugs and stuff just to look "cooler" lol. Yeah I think Logan is the James Potter of X-Univers while Scott is more like Snape.
    Which is ironic because in terms of looks, it's more the opposite case. James and Scott physically resemble each other more and Logan and Snape would be considered the ugly, unattractive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Which is ironic because in terms of looks, it's more the opposite case. James and Scott physically resemble each other more and Logan and Snape would be considered the ugly, unattractive ones.
    So true. Another difference is that Jean always loved Scott while she loved and cared for Logan as friend or at its peak, a second choice. Seriously when there's no stupid love triangle between Scott and Jean like in Duggan's X-Men, they are so cute and adorable. I don't like how he's been portrayed in the Krakoan era but his relationship with Jean was so fucking good, the only thing I liked about the character in the past five years.
    Last edited by Darth_Caedus; 04-22-2024 at 05:43 PM.

So true. Another difference is that Jean always loved Scott while she loved and cared for Logan as friend or at its peak, a second choice. Seriously when there's no stupid love triangle between Scott and Jean like in Duggan's X-Men, they are so cute and adorable. I don't like how he's been portrayed in the Krakoan era but his relationship with Jean was so fucking good, the only thing I liked about the character in the past five years.
    The Insipid Love Triangle diminishes everyone involved - Logan included, not just Scott and Jean. My support for Scott/Jean as a couple is inversely proportional to the amount of triangle garbage being pushed at the time.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The Insipid Love Triangle diminishes everyone involved - Logan included, not just Scott and Jean. My support for Scott/Jean as a couple is inversely proportional to the amount of triangle garbage being pushed at the time.
    Agreed. Another reason I liked Logan in Evolution. He was depicted as more mature and a teacher rather than a peer so there was none of that crap going on.

Wolverine and the X-Men, on the other hand, had me hating both Logan and Jean and was pretty much the worst kind of Wolverine fan fic.

Gotta disagree here, Scott is in personality more close to Lupin, shy guy with a condition that makes him a danger to others and is always worrying about it.

And let's face James didn't like Snape because his friends were all the wizarding world equivalents to neo-nazis.

Agreed. Another reason I liked Logan in Evolution. He was depicted as more mature and a teacher rather than a peer so there was none of that crap going on.

Wolverine and the X-Men, on the other hand, had me hating both Logan and Jean and was pretty much the worst kind of Wolverine fan fic.
    WATXM was heavily influenced by the movies and especially X3. People don't notice that because the costumes come from the comics but the dynamics of the characters came more or less from the movies.

Wolverine and Jean having a thing came straight from the movies. Xavier and Jean missing with Cyclops depressed and unable to function as a leader was X3. Kitty and Bobby being in a relationship and having no other peers their age (Bobby wasn't peers with Hank or Warren and Kitty had no relationship whatsoever with Colossus or even a sisterly relationship with Storm) was X3. Rogue being Wolverine's teenage sidekick and wanting to go when he's leaving the team at the beginning was straight from the first movie's ending. Magneto claiming to be mutantkind's savior but willing to sacrifice mutant lives for his agenda was his characterization in the movies. Where Wolverine points out that for all Magneto's talk of helping his people, he's only interested in himself, like how he abandons Mystique in X3 once she's human or how he's willing to kill off Rogue. I only saw the show once so don't remember it entirely but I think Mystique was also relegated to Magneto's henchman. And Beast wasn't far off from the Kelsey Grammer version.

Another thing is the flashback episode with Jean and the O5. How Magneto comes to recruit Jean because of all her vaunted power. That was more or less the opening of X3 where Magneto is already familiar with Jean's potential because he recruited her with Xavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Gotta disagree here, Scott is in personality more close to Lupin, shy guy with a condition that makes him a danger to others and is always worrying about it.

And let's face James didn't like Snape because his friends were all the wizarding world equivalents to neo-nazis.
    Sorry Harry, but your dad was basically Malfoy with the addition of actually having a line he wouldn't cross.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Evolution was probably the Best Scott and the Best Jean of all 3 major animated shows.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Evolution was probably the Best Scott and the Best Jean of all 3 major animated shows.
    Evolution was my favorite Scott and Jott as well. In terms of Jean, Evolution wasn't my favorite version of her as that would be the movie version but in terms of the shows, she was clearly the best.